+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse timeline June 2023

Tenbi

Oct 3, 2023
Hello guys, i was apply OWP for my wife inside Canada on 7th June 2023 and still no update , no final decision. Does anyone got any response who applied around this time? Thankyou!

chris1071

Oct 3, 2023
Applying for closed work permit for myself, and spousal OWP for my wife.
We both took biometrics on June 20, my closed work permit was approved in July but no updates for my wife’s.
I even submitted a formal inquiry 5 weeks ago, no response about the inquiry either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenbi

kat5738

Aug 9, 2022
No decision yet. Only an update on Thursday that they have received our biometrics. Applied in June 2023.
Hopefully this week will get our decision

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Hello guys, i was apply OWP for my wife inside Canada on 7th June 2023 and still no update , no final decision. Does anyone got any response who applied around this time? Thankyou!
You have to call them and tell them u have passed the processing time, that's what I did and the next day my husband's work permit was approved

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Someone have new for OWP inside canada for June?
Yes, I applied for my husband on June 7th, I called them 2 weeks ago that we have passed the processing time, they apologized and processed his work permit the next day

Tenbi

Oct 3, 2023
Yes, I applied for my husband on June 7th, I called them 2 weeks ago that we have passed the processing time, they apologized and processed his work permit the next day
I called ircc 6 days ago, there do a request for my application but nothing today.

Reactions: NY81

dennyd

Nov 13, 2023
Hello I applied on June 7th, 2023 and was refused Nov 12th. What Can I do. Refusal said

The exemption from the requirement to have a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is for spouses/common-law partners who are in Canada accompanying their spouse who is attending school full-time. As your spouse is no longer a full-time student, you are not eligible for a work permit under this exemption.

You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you.

But my wife is a full-time student and submitted an extension application in June which is still in processing (past due) so she is now maintained status.

Can i submit a request to restore my status? Or apply for BOWP as I have a PR application in process?