+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit for spouse from india

rmi.amu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
hi guys...
presently my husband is on work permit in canada. his work permit will expiry in mid of august 2013. jst 2 days back he has filed case for PNP conformation and he is expecting PNP approval in couple of months and after dat his work will be extended. as he is under skilled worker catagory.
Now my query is after his work visa is extened can i apply for open work visa as im in india nw. and what are my chances of getting visa?
i would also like to tell dat i applied for visitor visa in january but it was rejected on grounds my assests,travel history, family ties in canada.
i really need help dat how can i join my husband in canada as soon as possible.
plzzzz help me with ur valued suggestions. thanks..

dearmitul

Feb 24, 2013
Sure.

U can apply for open work permit and u can get same validity as your husband's work permit. Also you dont need to show any employment in Canada because its an open work permit. If your husband job is under NOC 0, A or B and its full time permanent job than for sure you will get visa. You dont worry about your TRV rejection because its totally different from TRV and you dont even need to worry about the reasons u were rejected for earlier.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask me.

Thanks and Good Luck

rmi.amu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
@dreamitul thanks alot for replying. why i asked quest coz in dis forum i read some peopple saying canada consulate has stopped giving open work permit frm india dats y i got scared.
can u plz tell wats the approx time to get OWP coz in chandigarh vfs its written 20 working days.
And yes my husband falls into B NOC .
Thanks ...

dearmitul

Feb 24, 2013
For Chandighar its 3 months processing time from India. Dont worry they are still giving work permit to spouses.

manisha0320

May 29, 2013
Hi,

Recently I have applied for Open Work Permit from India through Online Application.My huband is currently working at Canada.I do have dependant visa also.I have around 6 years experience.Can anyone please let me know maximum how many days it will take to get the Open Work Permit throgh Online process.

Thanks in Advance,
Manisha

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Guys,

My husband is working in Canada on a 3 year Post Graduate Work permit.
I wanted to join him there and work there as well, so have the following question:-

Can I apply for an open work permit online through the CIC website? I filled the questionnaire online and it confirmed that I am eligible to apply, however I am unsure about how I will apply for a visa once I get the work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Monisha Bhattacharya said:
Hi Guys,

My husband is working in Canada on a 3 year Post Graduate Work permit.
I wanted to join him there and work there as well, so have the following question:-

Can I apply for an open work permit online through the CIC website? I filled the questionnaire online and it confirmed that I am eligible to apply, however I am unsure about how I will apply for a visa once I get the work permit?
1. You have to apply for the TRV first or in conjunction with the work permit. You are only eligible for the work permit if your spouse is working in a NOC O, A, or B occupation and you would need a letter from his employer outlining his duties, before the work permit would be issued.

Jun 3, 2013
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the reply. I had another query. I am applying for the work permit online and there is a form (IMM1295E) that I need to fill so how can I apply for the visa in conjunction with it?

Also for the "letter from employer outlining his duties"....will the offer letter be sufficient?

Regards,

Monisha

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi - I had applied for the OWP visa (under PNP category-got PNP approval and PR under process). I got the OWP visa stamped 2 months back. Havent yet travelled to Canada. Still in India and tentative travel in Aug-Sept 2013. Meanwhile, i applied for study permit for my two kids (6.5 and 3.5 yrs old) and OWP for my wife (she is also in the same field as mine). My questions are -

1. Today i got sms that passport is dispatched for my kids, but i havent received any mail confirming their visa approval (i received an email for my OWP approval). Does it mean, the visa is refused?
2. If yes, what could be the reason? The letter that i received from Opportunities Ontario:pNP program itself invites me to apply for OWP and also asks dependants to apply. I checed iwth CHC New Delhi, they asked me to apply for Study permit for minor children and OWP for spouse, which is what i did.

For my OWP visa, i got the approval mail first, then the SMS that passport is dispatched, but for my kids, i received the SMS that passport is dispatched, but no signs of any visa approval mail. I am little confused...

Thanks

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
14-1-16
AOR Received.
23-3-16
IELTS Request
N/a
Med's Request
1 feb 17
Med's Done....
17 feb passed (cic)
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi
My wife is working in canada on 3year work permit after study .
Her working under noc d . I want to join her .can I apply
I need ur help on dat

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
@Lionheart001122 , for applying SOWP , the wp holders job category must fall with NOC 0 , A ,B. if yiu apply the chances of visa r very slim.u can try for TRV if u wish :(

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hi Monisha Bhattacharya,

Did u apply for ur wp online from india ? did everything went smooth.what is the current status of ur application.
can you please post ur time lines.I will also be applying SOWP for my spouce from india in aug .

Thanks in Advance

Jun 3, 2013
Hi everyone,

My open work permit application is still under processing. I applied on 17th June, 2013.

Please let me know if anyone got their spouse open work permit who applied in June.

Regards,

Monisha Bhattacharya

Vin2810

Aug 26, 2013
Hello Monisha,

I have also applied for my spouse's OWP online on July, 24th. Currently, my spouse resides in India and I reside in Canada.

I think all the WPs and Visitor visas are being delayed due to the on-going strike.

rmi.amu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
hii everyone.
i am also in the same frustrating situation.i applied spouse open work permit on 20th june.Till now i didnt hear anything from the chandigarh consulate.
but its strange they are issuing trv and student permit on time but not the work permit. has anyone got spouse open work permit during these days??????