File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Exactly, thank you. This is literally what CIC just told me. I can´t find an estimate on when AIP arrives, do you know how long it usually takes?
Unfortunately it does not come until almost the very end.

Reactions: redhotgalego

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
From what I have been reading it happens closer to the end these days.
Funny how the CIC gives people different answers. A friend of mine that I met on this forum addressed the issue by getting a TRP to have legal status so they could apply for the OWP. Mind you this was just before the OWP pilot program started so they would have been looking at quite a wait otherwise. But they were incorrect when they said you Can't do it...it just might not benefit you depending how far into the process you are.

I have seen so many different answers from the CIC on so many different questions...it is so frustrating for all involved.
Yes, what he said was that a temporary resident visa would slow down my application and not make a difference for OWP. I don´t know what to think or expect anymore. I will contact a lawyer, at least they seem to have it easier to talk to a human on the phone. It sucks if they grant it closer to the end nowadays, but the guy on the phone said that in situations like mine they took into account the circumstances, which is very vague but I think he meant that I wouldn´t have to wait for OWP after I get AIP, that they might be issued at the same time. Take that with a million grains of salt.

I applied six and a half months ago, the AIP can´t be that much further away, can it?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you all for your responses, I just got off the phone with CIC and have a better understanding of the situation. I can not reapply for any new status, restore status or anything like that. The good news is that I don´t have to wait for the final decision about my PR, instead, they will review my OWP once I pass the first stage of my PR application (AIP), which they couldn´t give me an estimate about, does anybody know when this might happen?
AIP isn't the first stage. It's almost the final stage. I think we got AIP 1 or 2 months before we got the decision made email.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
AIP isn't the first stage. It's almost the final stage. I think we got AIP 1 or 2 months before we got the decision made email.
Maybe I misunderstood what he meant? None of us had the best English. I figured he meant AIP, but what he said was first stage, so I´m even more confused now. He also said that it really depended on the application, some get it halfway, some closer to the end.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Maybe I misunderstood what he meant? None of us had the best English. I figured he meant AIP, but what he said was first stage, so I´m even more confused now. He also said that it really depended on the application, some get it halfway, some closer to the end.
Go and take a look at the timeline of 2017 inland applicants' AIP and DM dates.
Some of them post OWP dates but most of them applied with valid status and got them about 4 months (or shorter) after sending in their applications.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/
(go to more current discussion to see some of their timeline)

Here is the link to the spreadsheets for inland applications:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1524155556

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You didn’t misunderstand. Colloquially, AIP is sometimes referred to as first stage approval.

Reactions: YVR123

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Go and take a look at the timeline of 2017 inland applicants' AIP and DM dates.
Some of them post OWP dates but most of them applied with valid status and got them about 4 months (or shorter) after sending in their applications.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/
(go to more current discussion to see some of their timeline)

Here is the link to the spreadsheets for inland applications:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1524155556
Looking at the timeline there´s something I don´t understand. It takes most people about 12 months to complete the whole application but most of the spreadshit most of those people got AIP after around a year and a half. This is scaring me a lot.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Maybe they apllied in 2016, it used to take 2 years then...

Don't go crazy with the AIP, it depends a bit on country and case, but generally you get your Approval in Principle email letter 1 month before the months timeline, that is 11months since you applied.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Maybe they apllied in 2016, it used to take 2 years then...

Don't go crazy with the AIP, it depends a bit on country and case, but generally you get your Approval in Principle email letter 1 month before the months timeline, that is 11months since you applied.
I´m sorry but I do go crazy because that will mean 11 months without being able to work, seven more months than expected. It is a big problem :S