+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Application for Spouse Sponsorship..Paper or Online?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
I was browsing the CIC website and noticed that it said as of June 4th 2019 that work permit applications must be submitted online. I haven't submitted my PR spouse sponsorship application yet and I was wondering if I submit it online after I mail out application or do I still print it out and include it in my paper application? Thank you in advance!

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Same here! We're hopefully sending our application next week!

I'm thinking if this was true they would release an updated version IMM5533 to reflect this? It still has the option to say you're also including an OWP application. Will wait for a more experienced member to weigh in though :)

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Same here! We're hopefully sending our application next week!

I'm thinking if this was true they would release an updated version IMM5533 to reflect this? It still has the option to say you're also including an OWP application. Will wait for a more experienced member to weigh in though :)
Yes i noticed that as well! Based on the checklist I'm /assuming/ you still print it out in paper and include it with the application. Good luck on your application when you send it out! We're sending out ours next month :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The OWP must still be printed out and included with the inland PR app. Only those with AIP, which is received near the end of the process, can apply for the OWP online.