+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit and Permanent Residence

nnaeiluj0918

Nov 10, 2008
HI! I am currently under a live in caregiver program and this is my 2nd year.(yuhoo!!)CIC gave me an exactly 2 yrs working permit. I came here Sept 29,2007 and my WP will expire on Sept. 29,2009 which is exactly my 24th month. I ordered a kit from CIC and it was written there that if I will be staying in the same employer during the processing I don't need to renew my WP anymore. Since my 24th month is on Sept 2009, Can I submit my application June 2009? I hear that a friend of a friend did that and got her PR Card. I would just like to confirm if you know someone who ever did that too? Thanks:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nnaeiluj0918 said:
HI! I am currently under a live in caregiver program and this is my 2nd year.(yuhoo!!)CIC gave me an exactly 2 yrs working permit. I came here Sept 29,2007 and my WP will expire on Sept. 29,2009 which is exactly my 24th month. I ordered a kit from CIC and it was written there that if I will be staying in the same employer during the processing I don't need to renew my WP anymore. Since my 24th month is on Sept 2009, Can I submit my application June 2009? I hear that a friend of a friend did that and got her PR Card. I would just like to confirm if you know someone who ever did that too? Thanks:)
No, you require the full two years. Also when you apply for PR you include an application for an open work permit. Don't let your status expire. REad the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290E2.asp

PMM

Samjhana

Nov 15, 2008
Hi,
Sorry for this un-related reply,
I also want to work as same as you in care giver in Canada.I am trying to find good agency for my work permit process so please can you provide me the info of the agency which you had applied.Please I am so tired to find good agency.If you don't mind can you forward me the info in my personal ID samjhanabha@gmail.com?
Many thanks for your kind help.