+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open bridge work permit

arunlawrence

Jan 5, 2019
Hi.. I have got ITA for my pr application under CEC on nov 14,2019 and we submitted our documents on dec 19, 2019 and got AOR . My work permit will expire on apr 22, 2020. Our current status is medical approved and biometrics given. I have got only 2 years open work permit even though i am eligible of getting 3 years PGOWP. I was wondering if i can apply for extension of open work permit rather than bridged work permit. What is the current eta for CEC? Is there any chance that we should apply for open work permit or bridge work permit or can we expect PR approval before that?

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hi.. I have got ITA for my pr application under CEC on nov 14,2019 and we submitted our documents on dec 19, 2019 and got AOR . My work permit will expire on apr 22, 2020. Our current status is medical approved and biometrics given. I have got only 2 years open work permit even though i am eligible of getting 3 years PGOWP. I was wondering if i can apply for extension of open work permit rather than bridged work permit. What is the current eta for CEC? Is there any chance that we should apply for open work permit or bridge work permit or can we expect PR approval before that?
Processing time should be about 6 months, we all know it. It is a factor of number things - # of dependents you have, your background & criminality, if you have lived in other country and police certificate is needed for that, medical is done upfront or not. I had mine application approved in 3 months but everyone's timeline varies a lot.

You can wait till last month and apply for BWOP in first week of April but if your PR process goes beyond 6 months you would get implied status since your work permit will be expired. You can work but may not be able to get provincial coverage.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
And IRCC doesn't care whether they should start processing your BOWP application or delay because your PR is in final stages.
FYI - My BOWP was approved 10 days after I received CoPR.

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Processing time should be about 6 months, we all know it. It is a factor of number things - # of dependents you have, your background & criminality, if you have lived in other country and police certificate is needed for that, medical is done upfront or not. I had mine application approved in 3 months but everyone's timeline varies a lot.

You can wait till last month and apply for BWOP in first week of April but if your PR process goes beyond 6 months you would get implied status since your work permit will be expired. You can work but may not be able to get provincial coverage.
Hello, for the biometrics do I have to do it upfront or wait for further instruction after I apply for PR under CEC? also, do I need to get police certificate here in Canada or just in my home country? Thank you

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
What's your CRS score & Noc?

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hello, for the biometrics do I have to do it upfront or wait for further instruction after I apply for PR under CEC? also, do I need to get police certificate here in Canada or just in my home country? Thank you
I believe you will get request for biometrics with instructions where to do it. No need to do that upfront. Honestly I don't know how biometrics work because I have never needed for PR. My friend got one for his work visa.

Police certificates - Only for your home country (and for other countries in case you have lived longer there). If you are needed to give police clearance for your stay in Canada, you will get RCMP request from IRCC.

arunlawrence

Jan 5, 2019
And IRCC doesn't care whether they should start processing your BOWP application or delay because your PR is in final stages.
FYI - My BOWP was approved 10 days after I received CoPR.
I applied for BOWP yesterday . Waiting for the PR or BOWP application.

Reactions: arajoba