+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open a "Scotiabank" Account in Dubai...

larva12

Apr 4, 2012
qorax said:
Dear Friends,

As I had discussed earlier, plz be on the know that we can 'open' a Canadian Bank's a/c -right from here... in Dubai.

I know many International Banks also have this facility, like HSBC, RBS, StanChart etc. But, those banks are better 'avoided'. Why? 'Coz, due to their enormous charges, low interest rates & poor presence in Canada.

I suggest, go for 'Scotiabank'...
Why?
1. Huge presence in Canada. With ATMs in nearly all over the country [even in small towns].
2. Zero charges for 1 yr. [Free 1yr a/c].
3. Free Cheque book for a yr.
4. Free remittances for a yr.
5. Free 'Locker' for a yr.
6. Free Credit Card [deposit inked, Limited] for a yr.
7. Has a 'tailored-made' a/c for us -New Immigrants. [the 'Start Right' program].
8. All info
9. Only 2 other banks have such presence, TD Bank & CIBC. [both do not have a scene here, in Dubai].

Why to open a/c here?
-For ease of carrying the 'landing funds'.
-We don't need to carry cash, draft, TCs, statements etc.
-And the money is immediate at hand in Canada.

HOW TO GET IT ORGANIZED IN DUBAI ?
HDFC Bank Representative Office is dealing with Scotiabank here. I have just touched base with them; and found their reps very helpful. For further info / action on the subject, plz note the following:
-Tel. no.: 04-3966991 [extn: 214]
-Contact Person: Ms. Tejal
-Currency deposited: AED
-Charges: NIL

More on it later...

Warm regards,
Qorax.

Hi Sir Qorax,

I have a question. I just got my DD from Mashreq bank now in cad. The exchange rate is 3.91. Isn't it too high?..Is it possible to complain on this or we just have to follow whatever rate they (bank) want to put? Do banks have their own rates? Because before its only 3.67 when i made the dd for 'the receiver general of canada', but now i'm wondering on this. Please help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
larva12 said:
Hi Sir Qorax,

I have a question. I just got my DD from Mashreq bank now in cad. The exchange rate is 3.91. Isn't it too high?..Is it possible to complain on this or we just have to follow whatever rate they (bank) want to put? Do banks have their own rates? Because before its only 3.67 when i made the dd for 'the receiver general of canada', but now i'm wondering on this. Please help.
FOREX rates r ever changing... it's wise to negotiate the same before taking the product from a Financial Institution. There's no way that u could dispute it now since the DD is already issued. In any case Exchange Houses (Al Fardan, UAE Exchange etc.), usually offer better rates than banks.

Qorax

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

Can the accounts be opened in India

Regards,

Jai

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jai.ganesh said:
Hi,

Can the accounts be opened in India

Regards,

Jai

Hi,

U can open from india, there r candian banks in certain cities.

Good luck.

larva12

Apr 4, 2012
qorax said:
FOREX rates r ever changing... it's wise to negotiate the same before taking the product from a Financial Institution. There's no way that u could dispute it now since the DD is already issued. In any case Exchange Houses (Al Fardan, UAE Exchange etc.), usually offer better rates than banks.

Qorax

Sir Qorax,

thank you sir. now I cancelled the DD and my money is back in full. Now my question is:
1. how much maximum amount that we could bring without having problem in all airports? we plan
to handcarry as much as we can so that we will not loss on exchange rates. how much maximum amount that can be handcarried per person? we're a family of 4, self, spouse, kid & baby..
2. is it ok to draft money in US dollar? coz i could save like 3k aed
lastly,
3. is this fardan/al ansari exchange can give me a draft that i could show as proof of funds? (i have called al ansari and they said they can give me bank draft, i dont know if its acceptable at POE)

thanks a lot sir, i salute you.
[/quote]

[size=10pt]hi sir qorax, sir please help..i'm waiting for your reply.thanks..[/size] :-\ :-\ :-\

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
larva12 said:
Sir Qorax,

thank you sir. now I cancelled the DD and my money is back in full. Now my question is:
1. how much maximum amount that we could bring without having problem in all airports? we plan
to handcarry as much as we can so that we will not loss on exchange rates. how much maximum amount that can be handcarried per person? we're a family of 4, self, spouse, kid & baby..
lastly,
3. is this fardan/al ansari exchange can give me a draft that i could show as proof of funds? (i have called al ansari and they said they can give me bank draft, i dont know if its acceptable at POE)

thanks a lot sir, i salute you.

[size=10pt]hi sir qorax, sir please help..i'm waiting for your reply.thanks..[/size] :-\ :-\ :-\
1. how much a)maximum amount that we could bring without having problem in all airports? we plan to handcarry as much as we can so that we will not loss on exchange rates. how much maximum amount that can be b)handcarried per person? we're a family of 4, self, spouse, kid & baby..
a) Any amount, it could be millions... no charges/duties/taxed chargeable.
b) Any amount, no issues as above. Just that it'd be wise to 'distribute it' among the hand carry bags (that's what I do always) for security reasons.

Yes, USD drafts r acceptable. But remember, while depositing it in a CAD a/c u'd incur exchange rates, which'd basically bring u to square one.

Drafts, obtained from anywhere yet remains a 'draft', thus acceptable as POF@POE. I always get mine from Al Fardan.

Qorax

larva12

Apr 4, 2012
qorax said:
1. how much a)maximum amount that we could bring without having problem in all airports? we plan to handcarry as much as we can so that we will not loss on exchange rates. how much maximum amount that can be b)handcarried per person? we're a family of 4, self, spouse, kid & baby..
b) Any amount, no issues as above. Just that it'd be wise to 'distribute it' among the hand carry bags (that's what I do always) for security reasons.

Yes, USD drafts r acceptable. But remember, while depositing it in a CAD a/c u'd incur exchange rates, which'd basically bring u to square one.

Drafts, obtained from anywhere yet remains a 'draft', thus acceptable as POF @ POE. I always get mine from Al Fardan.

Qorax

Thank you so much sir qorax. Your info is such a relief. Thank you very much sir!!

Theo

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
larva12 said:
Thank you so much sir qorax. Your info is such a relief. Thank you very much sir!!

Theo
Hi Larva12

If I can suggest you , get a draft from Al Fardan Exchange, they give the best rates in the market. You can also get in touch with our forum member Biju , he could refer you .

UAE exchange has also started making drafts and they would also be able to give you a good rate , last time I checked it was 3.74 .

Cheers!

larva12

Apr 4, 2012
lovie said:
Hi Larva12

If I can suggest you , get a draft from Al Fardan Exchange, they give the best rates in the market. You can also get in touch with our forum member Biju , he could refer you .

UAE exchange has also started making drafts and they would also be able to give you a good rate , last time I checked it was 3.74 .

Cheers!
thank you lovie for additional info..thats the last thing on my mind now..heading to al fardan..
Wish me luck!!!

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
how much scotia bank will charge from second year?
i will come back after a short landing.
what is the best way to bring funds temporary as it is short stay and will bring it later at time of settling forever.
can i show original bank statements as POF

thanks in advance.

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much scotia bank will charge from second year? there is "pay as you Go" account type $0.00 monthly fee, but every debit transaction is 1.25 or $3.95 a month for 12 debit transactions
i will come back after a short landing.

what is the best way to bring funds temporary as it is short stay and will bring it later at time of settling forever.
can i show original bank statements as POF your current account statment balance can be accepted as well, better take both statement and Bank's POF letter

thanks in advance. you are welcome

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
Re: Open in BMO Account

Hi Everyone .

I am living in Mississauga Area if anyone account free for year plz contact me BMO can offer you free account for a year , credit card and saftey deposit box and next year charges 4 starts to 25 dollars a month that's it !

thanking you\

Harsha Nimrani

dksu21

Sep 26, 2010
abu dhabi, uae
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
Nomination.....
12-05-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
Med's Request
14-01-2012
Med's Done....
23-01-2012
qorax said:

Drafts, obtained from anywhere yet remains a 'draft', thus acceptable as POF @ POE. I always get mine from Al Fardan.

Qorax

Dear Sir Qorax,

We are planning to go from Abu Dhabi to Winnipeg in end of this month and need your help:

1- Low fare airline from AD/DXB to Winnipeg (it can be through Toronto or Montreal) and how much weight allowed.

2- We plan to carry 20K CD cash and remaining in TC or DD, we are four in family, my self, wife and 2 children.

3- Which way is better other than cash to carry our money, traveler's Cheque or DD (Demand Draft), and from where we can obtain that. I called many exchanges I do not think any one issuing TC in UAE. Can I know in how many days (Al fardan) DD will credit in my account (once I open new account with RCB) in Winnipeg?

Thanks

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Hi guys! just for the information of everyone. This service is no longer available. I tried to call them to ask and they said it is no longer being done as the service is already been cancelled.

Syed Haider

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Insha ALLAH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there Mate,

My father needs to transfer his whole sum amount to canadian Bank... So whats the procedure, Can he open up his account in canada & transfers it online ?? He currently has account in NBK Kuwait.. any thoughts ??

qorax said:
Dear Friends,

As I had discussed earlier, plz be on the know that we can 'open' a Canadian Bank's a/c -right from here... in Dubai.

I know many International Banks also have this facility, like HSBC, RBS, StanChart etc. But, those banks are better 'avoided'. Why? 'Coz, due to their enormous charges, low interest rates & poor presence in Canada.

I suggest, go for 'Scotiabank'...
Why?
1. Huge presence in Canada. With ATMs in nearly all over the country [even in small towns].
2. Zero charges for 1 yr. [Free 1yr a/c].
3. Free Cheque book for a yr.
4. Free remittances for a yr.
5. Free 'Locker' for a yr.
6. Free Credit Card [deposit inked, Limited] for a yr.
7. Has a 'tailored-made' a/c for us -New Immigrants. [the 'Start Right' program].
8. All info @ www.startright.scotiabank.com.
9. Only 2 other banks have such presence, TD Bank & CIBC. [both do not have a scene here, in Dubai].

Why to open a/c here?
-For ease of carrying the 'landing funds'.
-We don't need to carry cash, draft, TCs, statements etc.
-And the money is immediate at hand in Canada.

HOW TO GET IT ORGANIZED IN DUBAI ?
HDFC Bank Representative Office is dealing with Scotiabank here. I have just touched base with them; and found their reps very helpful. For further info / action on the subject, plz note the following:
-Tel. no.: 04-3966991 [extn: 214]
-Contact Person: Ms. Tejal
-Currency deposited: AED
-Charges: NIL

More on it later...

Warm regards,
Qorax.