+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open a restaurant while on student visa

MarwaQuebec

Sep 20, 2017
Hi all, I'm an international student. Going to study in Montreal. I have a budget for my stay if the two years of my studies. I'm thinking to buy a small restaurant and get someone to work in it while I'm in my university then work afternoon 4 hours in it.

Am I allowed as under my study permit to buy a restaurant on my name and have a business?
If anyone has a similar experience, will it be beneficiary? I mean that I'm going to spend all the money I have now to make this business, will I get enough income for my life from the restaurant?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi all, I'm an international student. Going to study in Montreal. I have a budget for my stay if the two years of my studies. I'm thinking to buy a small restaurant and get someone to work in it while I'm in my university then work afternoon 4 hours in it.

Am I allowed as under my study permit to buy a restaurant on my name and have a business?
If anyone has a similar experience, will it be beneficiary? I mean that I'm going to spend all the money I have now to make this business, will I get enough income for my life from the restaurant?
I HIGHLY doubt that... you're barely even supposed to be working. Your main focus is studying and to complete your program.