+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP regulated occupations

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, i'm just inquiring for someone whose occupation is regulated , is it a must to have the licence to practice such occupation in Ontario to be eligible to apply for OOPNP or it is not mandatory ?!!

amaljosegeorge

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
2-2-2016
Its stated in the oopnp application guide that liscence is mandatory fr regulated professions. In the new system as a whole regulated professions doesnt have a place.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
only if you are currently working in Canada , put note that once you get PR , you will need license to work , which is another effort

Are you currently in Egypt ?

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Amaljose and Wskamel for ur replies ...
Wskamel, i'm Egyptian but currently i'm in UK finishing my study

abhishishir

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
White knight 22 said:
Hi everyone, i'm just inquiring for someone whose occupation is regulated , is it a must to have the licence to practice such occupation in Ontario to be eligible to apply for OOPNP or it is not mandatory ?!!
Even I had the same issue as I work in a regulated profession outside Canada. Since it is clearly mentioned in the guide that license is mandatory, I am not applying as there is 1500$ fee at stake as well. My experience is immigration authorities go by the book. Whatever its written the same is followed

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
abhishishir said:
Even I had the same issue as I work in a regulated profession outside Canada. Since it is clearly mentioned in the guide that license is mandatory, I am not applying as there is 1500$ fee at stake as well. My experience is immigration authorities go by the book. Whatever its written the same is followed
Which occupation is that? Can you get the license before going to Canada?

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishishir said:
yes i agree with u and even if we go through that they will try to find another excuse like ties to Ontario .. it is so unlikely to be other than wasting $1500...

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harwinder67 said:
check that out
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.html

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
You can't get license while you are not living in Canada , the section for regulated work is for whoever is currently in Canada , , it is worded perfectly but you will see the whole section is between working in Canada and skilled trade in Canada , The problem is in the wording "In Ontario" isn't clear what it is referencing , but if believe it is referencing the person

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
White knight 22 said:
Getting licensed for a regulated job is, obviously, mandatory. However, a canadian license is not for OOPNP.

abhishishir

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Di author=harwinder67 link=topic=298750.msg4369849#msg4369849 date=1433615281]
[/quote]
NOC 2151 and 2131
Architectural engineer or architect. Need canadian experience of 2300 hours. I had a bad experience with Saskatchewan pnp and was rejected because of licensure only. Thus waiting for ee ita is my best bet. I am at 446 points and will increase to 454 with spouse eca next month.

amaljosegeorge

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
2-2-2016
"If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which
requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of
your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in
Ontario".
This is the exact wording in the application guide..so i think license is mandatory.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaljosegeorge said:
"If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which
requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of
your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in
Ontario".
This is the exact wording in the application guide..so i think license is mandatory.
1.The wording is still confusing as it say "currently"!! so what if you were previously working and not at the moment .
2. i'm seeing what wskamel said is sort of reasonable as it states (worked in an occupation regulated in Ontario) so we don't have a clear Idea if it refers to the applicant who is working in Canada or the reference to the occupation itself..
3. I did email them and waiting for their replay just to get a better explanation for such issue .

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only those who are granted the “professional engineer” licence have the right to practise professional engineering in Ontario....Not all engineering graduates in Ontario are professional engineers. A professional engineer must satisfy the requirements set by PEO to earn a licence. However, you can work in engineering without a licence, if a professional engineer supervises and takes responsibility for your work.

Licence is mandatory if you want to use the title. Also there are bridge training and EIT, per their info.
"Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.

Engineering Internship Training (EIT) Program
If you have been assigned a confirmatory examination program, you are eligible to be registered in PEO's Engineering Internship Training (EIT) Program. The EIT Program is designed for applicants who are employed in an engineering capacity. It is not a job search or placement program.

So you can get a licence only after you are in canada. Alberta(I guess is the only one) to provide something called "Foreign Licence", which provided you a provisional licence for those who meet all the requirements for a licence except one year canada experience. provisional foriegn licence will be coverted to full one when you fullfil the one year canada req. Not sure if this one year should be in Alberta only..!

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_ENGINEER.

plz add word html at end as this forum does not allow me to post links..!