+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP quotas: will we stand a chance towards the end of the year?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
What's going on with Ontario Provincial Nomination? I am planning to create my profile early August when I receive my ECA and IELTS. If all goes as expected, I will have 472 points at the time. Sounds like I would stand a good chance of receiving OOPNP, but I am worried the quota for 2015 will be exhausted by then. I would really like to settle in Ontario as I have many friends living there.

Any insights on what the situation is in terms of their quotas? Anyone knows how many have been issued and what are the plans for the rest of the year? I know it' all speculation, but still, I'd like to know whether it's worth it to get my hopes high.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
What's going on with Ontario Provincial Nomination? I am planning to create my profile early August when I receive my ECA and IELTS. If all goes as expected, I will have 472 points at the time. Sounds like I would stand a good chance of receiving OOPNP, but I am worried the quota for 2015 will be exhausted by then. I would really like to settle in Ontario as I have many friends living there.

Any insights on what the situation is in terms of their quotas? Anyone knows how many have been issued and what are the plans for the rest of the year? I know it' all speculation, but still, I'd like to know whether it's worth it to get my hopes high.
MCIIT has plans for just 2700 PRs via EE this year. And the pace of new invitations being issued has gone down drastically from those frenzied days in early June.

But with a score of 472, you wouldn't have to worry about that. You're almost certain to land an ITA in the first few draws after you create your profile.

All the best!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Thanks for the info, and thanks for the positivism!

My only worry is that in September I turn 32, and my points go down to 467, so unless I get an ITA in August, it might be a bit difficult later on. I saw some posts that in the next few months all the PNPs will kick in making the point threshold go up significantly. I hope that's not true, but then again, who knows, right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
Thanks for the info, and thanks for the positivism!

My only worry is that in September I turn 32, and my points go down to 467, so unless I get an ITA in August, it might be a bit difficult later on. I saw some posts that in the next few months all the PNPs will kick in making the point threshold go up significantly. I hope that's not true, but then again, who knows, right?
It is true that the PNs will start kicking in sometime soon. But realistically, I wouldn't bet on heave duty action before September. Most PNP programs have a 90 day processing window before they convert invitations to nominations. This is on top of a 45-60 day window granted to the applicants to get their documents in place and apply to the invitations. That adds 2-3 months at the least to the whole process before these PN applicants start competing in the draws.

Assuming 2 draws in July (5 Fridays after all) and possibly 2 more in August, you are still well placed to land an ITA before August is over.

One possible way of jumping the gun is to create your EE profile by basing it completely on the online reports that ECA or IELTS provide upfront (sometimes almost a week upfront) without waiting to physically receive the documents in the post.

All the best!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
MCIIT has plans for just 2700 PRs via EE this year. And the pace of new invitations being issued has gone down drastically from those frenzied days in early June.

But with a score of 472, you wouldn't have to worry about that. You're almost certain to land an ITA in the first few draws after you create your profile.

All the best!
@Asivad Anac - my current points come to 464 and like the author of this post, I will lose 5 points if I am not picked up before September. But as you said , there is a good chance if the points in the draws keep dropping ,so its good to know that !

Do they consider the age at the time of completion of the EE profile [when you submit] or when they issue ITA? I think its the later but I just wanted to make sure I understand right.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Yogigal, I asked that question couple days ago, and the answer was that it is calculated at the time of the ITA. Which, of course, sucks for me, but in general it make sense. Let's hope we both get lucky in August!

yogigal said:
@ Asivad Anac - my current points come to 464 and like the author of this post, I will lose 5 points if I am not picked up before September. But as you said , there is a good chance if the points in the draws keep dropping ,so its good to know that !

Do they consider the age at the time of completion of the EE profile [when you submit] or when they issue ITA? I think its the later but I just wanted to make sure I understand right.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
@ Asivad Anac - my current points come to 464 and like the author of this post, I will lose 5 points if I am not picked up before September. But as you said , there is a good chance if the points in the draws keep dropping ,so its good to know that !

The EE profile will automatically reduce your CRS score in your birthday - worst present ever. And the CRS score gets locked when you get an ITA.