+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP- pgwp expiring this week !

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

So I lost my job due to my pgwp expiring this week. Very sad news but OOPNP made me positive.

So my work permit is expiring this week. I am still unsure of moving forward with OOPNP but if I do put my application, do I have to maintain my worker status throughout the process ? Or can I file and stay in Ontario for 90 days which is a grace period to restore my status ? Please advise and I appreciate your time in reading this post.

Cheers !

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
mountain123 said:
Hello everyone,

So I lost my job due to my pgwp expiring this week. Very sad news but OOPNP made me positive.

So my work permit is expiring this week. I am still unsure of moving forward with OOPNP but if I do put my application, do I have to maintain my worker status throughout the process ? Or can I file and stay in Ontario for 90 days which is a grace period to restore my status ? Please advise and I appreciate your time in reading this post.

Cheers !
From my personal point of view, I recommend taking an admission in public college with low fee (1 year course). You can get a Study permit from CIC.

Meanwhile, OOPNP will work on your application. If nominated, request for Letter of Support, to get a work permit from CIC.

However, I would consult a lawyer ($1000 to $2000), and have you guide through the process.

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Same boat as you. Unfortunately, you cannot extend pgwp unless your pr application is in progress. Maybe you can get a visit visa till all that process is completed.

Once pr application is in progress you could probably get a work permit.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
College is a good option which I am considering however their offer of admission would be with me in August and then I can apply for a study permit.

If I apply for the permit in August am I in no status June and July (90 days restore period) ? Would this affect my OOPNP application as they stated I should maintain proper status throughout the process ?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mountain123 said:
College is a good option which I am considering however their offer of admission would be with me in August and then I can apply for a study permit.

If I apply for the permit in August am I in no status June and July (90 days restore period) ? Would this affect my OOPNP application as they stated I should maintain proper status throughout the process ?
mountain as per my thinking, you should apply for change condition as a visitor visa. As processing times right now is very high around 74 business days for all temporary visas due to panam games in toronto this july. so please change your condition as a visitor visa and request them for 6 months with good balance in your bank I am sure you will get it. And then you can decide whether you want to give those fees for 1 yr course or not. If you want then again you can change your condition to student. And if not then continue as a visitor in Canada. Also change condition process will take around 2 and half months due to long process wait but you can stay legally on implied status better than restoration period. hope you follow this way for your good.

Thanks.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Thanks guys, I think I will proceed with the visitor visa. I just don't want them to reject my application which will be a bummer. POF won't be an issue as of now.