Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damocles said:
I totally agree with you. This will require the willingness of people to share the data. I have notice that there are some people that are not comfortable to share some part of the data. I have been trying to collect as much diverse data just in our forum. Even after followup, even things just like NOC, some people do not come back to update it after request. We are not planing to invade their privace but just collect some data. It is a delicate situation if people are not willing to participate. As far as I am concern, you will have my full support.
But let's try with what we have and also look everywhere we can. I believe there is plenty information in other forums and CIC website as well. I am sure you must have come across this type of info looking the way you formulated your suggestion. We can do it!
Well technicaly I do not mind to have that database not connected to the specific nick names (kind of anonymous where only 1 person would know who is what data.) For analysis that is not needed.
I have formulated using the best knowledge about system and logic that is giving me behind. I am pretty sure officers in Ontario do have some kind of internal rules when it comes to amount of applicants they can take and nominate.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fast question, If my ties to Ontario are none exept the intent to reside, shall I tick it as supporting documents or not. Thanks for advice.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
vensak said:
Fast question, If my ties to Ontario are none exept the intent to reside, shall I tick it as supporting documents or not. Thanks for advice.
Hi vensak,

In my case, I do not have ties in Ontario but I have ties in Quebec which makes it even more trickier to convince them that I would not change and go to Quebec. But I did not tick that part on the form and make sure that I emphasize in my letter of intent that although I have got family in Quebec, I intend to reside in Ontario because of my wife and kids that are not French speaking (they will have tough time in French) and because of the fact that my career life was spent for the most part in English and that Ontario would be better to settle and work in and closer to Quebec to visit my relatives. I did however provide proof of ties to my relative under the additional bunch grouped under heading" ties to Canada". to make a full disclosure. So far it worked but let's wait to see after the decision phase. I guess I will not be able to tell you that that definitely work until I get my nomination. I am also refraining from applying to any of Quebec or New Brunswick immigration programs for that purpose.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
For me I did tick that checkbox although I don't have ties, since I considered the intention letter to be the same.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
My sister resides in Ontario, obviously I ticked it. If it had not been the case, I do not think I would have ticked it. From what I've read, it is mostly people with relatives and friends (who are willing to provide their citizenship details) who generally tick this. I might be wrong.

Do let us know how it goes.

vensak said:

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I stand corrected, i shouldn't have done it it seems :(.

Do you think my application will have issues if i ticked it? I thought this is the letter of intent checkbox :'(.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a lot for advice. I will keep that one not ticked.

Another info that might be usefull when trying to make payment to ontario. In some countries like in continental europe bank draft is mission impossible.
What can be still done is bank cheque
Now the catch is that they do insist on sending address. But here is a way ho to get it
1. Go tobank that does bank cheques - ideally your bank
2. You must have account there with enough money to send 1500 cad + fees for sending and keeping account until money are cashed (if that is not your normal bank)
3. You shall ask to money transfer on address. For people i eu it is so called non sepa swift transfer on address.
4. Normally banks takes your instructions and sends out cheque to the specified address so the other person can collect the money. But you can ask bank to send the cheque on your home address or directly to your bank (that cheque is usually prepared somewhere in central bank office so it will take some time). with this specific request you can omit any aditional data on the cheque and make it as requested (just the name of the position on it)

It took me like an hour to go through those instructions but at the end the bank employee has filled transfer request and they said me to come in 3 to 4 days to colect the cheque. So i hope this method will worn and i will be able to go through.
And dont forget also
The fee payment shall be OUR (fees for money transfer) and the amount shall be 1500 cad.

Too bad ontario still woks with such old ways of payment.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
No AOR yet :'( :'(

So if an application got rejected, how much time does it take to reach us. do they send it by courier?

I just want AOR to get on with my life, I'm stressing out!

morice

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Morice
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
After receiving the AOR, OINP will start evaluating your application... how long will this take??? that's the biggest question... ::)
There are some applicants who have not received any email for AOR, but got email for Decision Phase directly. (For Human Core Priorities)
As at today October 2016, I guess no one has received Nomination for OINP French Speaking Skilled Workers Stream. (Correct me if I'm wrong...!!!)
Wish we could have some positive response very very soon.
Lot's of patience indeed...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morice said:
After receiving the AOR, OINP will start evaluating your application... how long will this take??? that's the biggest question... ::)
There are some applicants who have not received any email for AOR, but got email for Decision Phase directly. (For Human Core Priorities)
As at today October 2016, I guess no one has received Nomination for OINP French Speaking Skilled Workers Stream. (Correct me if I'm wrong...!!!)
Wish we could have some positive response very very soon.
Lot's of patience indeed...
This is rather difficult to answer as we have no idea how big backlog did they still have.
From what I have seen from those fast provinces, it takes maybe 3 to 4 weeks to do the assessment part (if there are holidays around count more of course). If there are doubts or more documents needed it takes longer.
But the backlog until September was terrible. They have just now started nominating people that have sent out their documents beginning of January.
On a bright side the main programms were stopped in February (with only French stream, Corporate and 1 more remaining) and they managed to nominate lot of candidates in September and October. That does give hope, that they might actually come to the French stream ones somewhere around January.
To have idea how is it going, track the feedback from OINP January and Feruary candidates batch.

I guess you are wrong, if there was anybody mixed in those earlier batches that actually got invitation in the French stream he was most likely nominated as well. It might just be that it is not in our list but in one of those older ones.

And again one other positive sign is the speed of giving out AOR (3 weeks instead of 3 to 4 months).

deep_blue77

Oct 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Again All,

I've just recevied the AOR a few minutes ago... :eek:
I guess the real waiting starts right now :-[

Whishing the best of luck to all our friends who are still waiting.

D, could you please update my stats? Thanks bro.

Regards,

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
deep_blue77 said:
Hello Again All,

I've just recevied the AOR a few minutes ago... :eek:
I guess the real waiting starts right now :-[

Whishing the best of luck to all our friends who are still waiting.

D, could you please update my stats? Thanks bro.

Regards,
Great! congrats buddy. I hope I get it today too fingers crossed.

Now you can wait with no stress ;D

klinda

Oct 26, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Joining the group for moral support. It's cold out there alone in the waiting ???

NOC 1122
CEC candidate
score : 464
DocumentS received at OINP October 4th
still waiting for AOR.

I am getting anxious as my work permit is expiring soon. Staying in faith!

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
klinda said:
Hello Everyone,

Joining the group for moral support. It's cold out there alone in the waiting ???

NOC 1122
CEC candidate
still waiting for AOR.

you have a good score there. I hope you get direct ITA before end of year!

deep_blue77

Oct 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klinda said:
Hello Everyone,

NOC 1122
CEC candidate
still waiting for AOR.

Dear klinda,

I totally agree with Aal_, you have a pretty decent CRS score and you may even directly get an ITA on the next draws with that.

Besides, your documents were sent recently (like mines, which even got returned one time on the 3rd of October due to a missing passport page).
So I truly hope & believe that you will get the AOR with our friend Aal_ who has similar timelines as mine. The process is faster now compared to the 6-months AOR waiting time of before.

Please stand tall and don't lose your hope. This is true for all of us. We're in the same boat of hope and hopefully all of us will get good news sooner or later.

After all, everything starts with a dream 8)