OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
But why did you still send the application to OINP if you received the ITA?
Call it an insurance. In addition I have checked on stats and ITA with Province Nomination is faster to be processed than straight through ITA - as the province would have already checked your documentation. I also hope that as there are very few candidates on the French Stream and now that the application is fully online, processing my nomination will be shorter than in the past.

I had expressed my doubts as well earlier in the forum on EE vs OINP and interestingly enough, when I asked headhunters for relocation in TO, I got told that coming as PR with French Nomination from Ontario had indeed more weight to your profile - especially if you are looking at bilingual positions in ON: as in you need certain level of French to get it.

Hope it clarifies.
from what I read, you didnt go for OINP but direct ITA right ? how is it going ?

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magicangmoh said:
arghh been stuck on the first page Profile...Please wait keep showing...and firefox shows : " Waiting for www . services.citizenship.gov. on .ca "
looks like website has issues to move to next page...Will try again

Yes PCC is later, post ITA :)
Thanks
Just FYI for MAC users - do NOT use Firefox but only SAFARI
I thought initially the lag issue was due to overloaded servers ... but when I tried again with Firefox at different time slots, same issue.
However, the moment I used Safari, NO issue whatsoever :)

Just sharing tip !

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And last post of the day for me : here is the link for the statistics.

http :// www . cic . gc . ca / english / resources / reports / ee-year-end-2015 . asp

look for the section on Express Entry Processing Times.

FSW via EE 4.7 months on average
Provincial/ Territorial Nominees via EE 3.8 months

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magicangmoh said:
Call it an insurance. In addition I have checked on stats and ITA with Province Nomination is faster to be processed than straight through ITA - as the province would have already checked your documentation. I also hope that as there are very few candidates on the French Stream and now that the application is fully online, processing my nomination will be shorter than in the past.

I had expressed my doubts as well earlier in the forum on EE vs OINP and interestingly enough, when I asked headhunters for relocation in TO, I got told that coming as PR with French Nomination from Ontario had indeed more weight to your profile - especially if you are looking at bilingual positions in ON: as in you need certain level of French to get it.

Hope it clarifies.
from what I read, you didnt go for OINP but direct ITA right ? how is it going ?
Ok,
We had people that got direct ITA, while they were in the PNP process. (Kariboo was one of them). He got rather fast direct ITA process and got his PPR request after 2 months (after AOR).
Most of us that went with French stream were unable to reach the direct ITA (either too lazy to redo IELTS and TEF, or simply too old to get any kind of a good score).

But since you have opened something, can you elaborate a bit more on that headhunter part?
I guess what you might be pointing out is how fast your file is processed (of course, that they cannot make security checks faster, but they can put you in front line when it comes to other checks).

However calculate this:
You will spent 2 to 3 months just to get PNP. Usually that is the time gap that you might estimate to be treated faster on Federal level (if it is true)

I would understand your decision, if you feel that for example some of your work experience might not be accepted (all you need for French speakers is 1 year), and that you might fall behind, or your spouse is for points reason put as non accompanying.

Anyway good luck. Just remember if you really want to go with PNP, you need to decline your ITA and all further ITAs until nomination is done (otherwise your profile will not be visible).

Caroc

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Salut tout le monde

An update on my case

ITA : 24/03/2017
E-APR : 28/03/2017

Bon courage à celles et ceux qui attendent la nomination de l'Ontario

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caroc said:
Salut tout le monde

An update on my case

ITA : 24/03/2017
E-APR : 28/03/2017

Bon courage à celles et ceux qui attendent la nomination de l'Ontario
Bien bien, tu verras quand ca sera approuvee. Bonne chance.

Caroc

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
vensak said:
Bien bien, tu verras quand ca sera approuvee. Bonne chance.
Merci bcp vensak :)

Mar 29, 2017
Salut Caroc,
Je voulais te demander combien de temps Ontario a mis pour valider ton dossier. J'ai envoyé le mien vendredi dernier et je regarde tous les jours !! Merci, Charlotte

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlotte Adiona said:
Salut Caroc,
Je voulais te demander combien de temps Ontario a mis pour valider ton dossier. J'ai envoyé le mien vendredi dernier et je regarde tous les jours !! Merci, Charlotte
Bonjour Charlotte - juste pour clarifier
1 - parles tu du OINP French Speaking Skilled Worker streams ?
2 - as tu soumis ton dossier en ligne via leur portail ?
3 - quand as tu recu ton invitation pour la nomination d'Ontario ?

A bientot !

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
But since you have opened something, can you elaborate a bit more on that headhunter part?
Hello ! I wanted to find out if locals in Toronto do care or not about which program you come from as a PR. I connected via linkedin to a couple of local headhunters / search executives agent. And one came back to me by stating that : local HRs knows about the different PR scheme for new comers. She told me about a "french mobilite" scheme or program that was implemented last year. In short it looks like government overall encourages ON companies to hire French speaking pple without to prove that a local canadian cannot do the job instead. I believe it is something to protect local workers vs immigrants like we have in may countries : priority first to locals, immigrants 2nd. But with this french mobilite thingy, employers dont need to prove that.

So local HR are aware of what OINP FSSW program is about and what it means : basically you have higher French requirements than the normal PR. As for the experience, headhunters look for senior / experienced profile - so being bilingual and OINP FSSW does add "weight" to your profile for HR. In short they dont need to ensure you speak French, they just plainly know it by your immigration profile.

Finally she also advised me to fly by for interviews - as Canadians dont look much into VideoConference for recruitment. However you can still try to book the interviews before booking your ticket - most likely my case as my family will follow later (although I still dont know if for the 1st arrival, we need the full family or just me...another question but later on for our PR journey).

Based on this feedback, my wife and I decided to apply for PNP and not just ITA. To be fair, it kinda makes sense that PNP "should" be faster than main stream ITA. After all, few people get nominations though specific streams, whereas if you got ITA, you will be shoulder/shoulder to 3,000 applicants. The only "issue" is the 1500 CAD...but when a problem can be solved by money, it is not a problem anymore !

Hope it helps to understand our decision. I check everyday my online status for OINP - no change since sunday : application submitted.
I will track the progress as we dont have much history on online application for OINP FSSW since they only started end Jan 2017.

Thanks again to all for your feedbacks and personal stories. It does help to read you all !
Cheers

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magicangmoh said:
Hello ! I wanted to find out if locals in Toronto do care or not about which program you come from as a PR. I connected via linkedin to a couple of local headhunters / search executives agent. And one came back to me by stating that : local HRs knows about the different PR scheme for new comers. She told me about a "french mobilite" scheme or program that was implemented last year. In short it looks like government overall encourages ON companies to hire French speaking pple without to prove that a local canadian cannot do the job instead. I believe it is something to protect local workers vs immigrants like we have in may countries : priority first to locals, immigrants 2nd. But with this french mobilite thingy, employers dont need to prove that.

So local HR are aware of what OINP FSSW program is about and what it means : basically you have higher French requirements than the normal PR. As for the experience, headhunters look for senior / experienced profile - so being bilingual and OINP FSSW does add "weight" to your profile for HR. In short they dont need to ensure you speak French, they just plainly know it by your immigration profile.

Finally she also advised me to fly by for interviews - as Canadians dont look much into VideoConference for recruitment. However you can still try to book the interviews before booking your ticket - most likely my case as my family will follow later (although I still dont know if for the 1st arrival, we need the full family or just me...another question but later on for our PR journey).

Based on this feedback, my wife and I decided to apply for PNP and not just ITA. To be fair, it kinda makes sense that PNP "should" be faster than main stream ITA. After all, few people get nominations though specific streams, whereas if you got ITA, you will be shoulder/shoulder to 3,000 applicants. The only "issue" is the 1500 CAD...but when a problem can be solved by money, it is not a problem anymore !

Hope it helps to understand our decision. I check everyday my online status for OINP - no change since sunday : application submitted.
I will track the progress as we dont have much history on online application for OINP FSSW since they only started end Jan 2017.

Thanks again to all for your feedbacks and personal stories. It does help to read you all !
Cheers
Ok let me do some highlights and corrections.
1. Mobilite Francophone is a new program for temporary working visa. Here it how it works:
- you need valid job offer from Canadian employer
- you need to prove that you use French regulary (either you are from French speaking country or you have your TEF with CBL 7+ in all skills
- in exchange you can get temporary work visa (for the length of your contract) and your employers does not have to get LMIA for you first.
- and French language does not even have to be condition for your job offer as such.
- also as this is so called Canada interest and if you get your working visa for more than 2 years and you have already worked under such visa for at least year, you can cash those 50 bonus points for CRS.

So that is reason why Headhunters are so French interested. Just because LMIA is not needed anymore.

2. Once you get your PR cards and SIN number, nobody is even slightest interested how you got it as long as you have it. Because if you are PR you are stability for them.
If they want something specific for work, you just need to prove it (ECA and Education, IELTS, TEF, Job references....).

3. Interviews why not, if you can book some in advance. However be aware, that you will need first 1 to 2 weeks just to get basics done (landing, SIN, new city orientation, appartment, other minor arrangements...). Plus the reaction for foreign address and phone number is such, that they will not look at your CV (unless you go through headhunter).

And my personal experience with mobilite Francophone:
I went to a job fair with my CV stating French and English and hand it over to several headhunters. None of them replied me or anything.
I had even spoken with New Brunswick (at that time I was still not sure with Ontario nomination). And the very same thing. They have never bother to reply me back.
And I have used that Mobilite francophone explained in my motivation letter when I was applying for some positions online, but of course not a hint of any answer.

So that gives me a good idea that unless I am there on the spot with my SIN in the hand my chances to be hired are purely theoretical.

Caroc

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Charlotte Adiona said:
Salut Caroc,
Hi charlotte

28/12/2016 : my documents reached oinp
13/02/2017 : AOR (accusé de reception)
10/03/2017 : Nomination

Good luck

Mar 29, 2017
magicangmoh said:
Bonjour Charlotte - juste pour clarifier
1 - parles tu du OINP French Speaking Skilled Worker streams ?
2 - as tu soumis ton dossier en ligne via leur portail ?
3 - quand as tu recu ton invitation pour la nomination d'Ontario ?

A bientot !
Salut. Oui je parle du FSSW Stream. J'ai soumis le dossier en ligne la semaine dernière. J'avais eu le notification of interest il y a 2 semaines environ.