+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP - Documents for submission

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello ntwkengg and ashutoshmanohar

I have my degrees from outside Canada (BE and MS) and I have got them evaluated from WES. Shall I submit just the ECA report or Do I also need to submit the certified true copy of my degrees ? If yes, how do i get certified copy for my bachelor degree from back in India ?

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Hey reddevil666,

this is what the checklist at the end of the application form says:
(Marked with * are must)

III. Education/Training/Qualifications

•Certified true copies of applicant's university degree(s), college diploma(s) and/or occupational certificates *
•Original transcripts in a sealed envelope from educational institution (Canadian programs/degrees only)

Provide the following documents, if applicable:

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report
Provide a copy of the ECA report from the designated organization and proof of your completed foreign educational credential(s). If you are
only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.

An ECA report is used to determine that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a
completed credential in Canada.

You must have such an assessment if you:
• are a principal applicant, and
• obtained your education outside Canada.
The ECA report must not be more than five years old on the date that the program receives your application.

Proof of previous study in Canada (if applicable): copies of study permits issued to you and any certificates/diplomas or degrees awarded

Proof of previous study in Canada (if applicable): copies of study permits issued to your accompanying spouse or common-law and any
certificates/diplomas or degrees awarded.

Evidence of good academic standing and length of program(s) completed (spouse or common-law partner only)

So to answer your question, yes, you should submit certified true copies of your Degree / Diploma.

As for where you can do it, you have a few options:
1. Look for a Notary around your current residence. I assume you are out of India, so a simple Google Search for "Notary" might
display all the Notaries in your neighborhood in the maps. They will certify the photocopies for you, provided you present the originals.

2. Scan your originals, send them to your family/friends in India. Ask them to print it and explain your situation to a local notary.
Although, they might ask for more money, and I am definitely not suggesting you bribe someone. So, you need to take a call here.

3. There are some online services like
http://virtual-notary.org/t/faq/?CSRF_TOKEN=89aa370170605b8a9092a119cfd4b64e98dc3934

https://www.notarycam.com/international/#homepage

http://www.notarydirect.com/

However, I don't know in what all areas they are accepted. Please go through their FAQs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Can anyone please elobrate on settle of funds topic.

I m applying under CEC and I want to know that shall I have to show $12000 of funds currently in my account with the last 6 months of financial statement

Plz help me out with this
Thanks

juhig

Mar 18, 2015
can some one please guide , should we send orignal IELTS and ECA report . I have only one original copy.
Is it ok to an attested photocopy ?

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Just to clarify my understanding. If you go the OOPNP route you need to show proof of funds 3 times.

1) For OOPNP
2) For CIC
3) When you land

Is this correct?

Pretty annoying to have to show POF up to 9 months before you actually get there.

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
juhig said:
can some one please guide , should we send orignal IELTS and ECA report . I have only one original copy.
Is it ok to an attested photocopy ?
juhig,

You can always request for a duplicate of ECA and IELTS if you loose them.
I'd suggest you not to take any risk and send them the originals, but keep colour scanned copies with you.

AlexV

Jun 8, 2015
If you read Chapter 3 you will find that only copies (written in bold) are required unless stated otherwise.

In my opinion, based on the OOPNP application guide, the section for certified educational copies refers only to Canadian degrees:

"You must have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report issued by a designated organization indicating that your foreign education is the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree".

"A certified true copy of your degree granted from an academic institution in Canada; AND
o Official transcripts submitted by you in the original sealed envelope from the academic institution in Canada that granted the degree."

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashutoshmanohar said:
juhig,

You can always request for a duplicate of ECA and IELTS if you loose them.
I'd suggest you not to take any risk and send them the originals, but keep colour scanned copies with you.
ashutoshmanohar,

You will be able to get the ECA. But I don't think it is easy to get the IELTS original as they issue only 1 copy to the applicant. You can order additional copies of IELTS but that will directly to the instituion/ immigration office and not to you

pauljosem

Jun 10, 2015
Hi I Just applied for my express entry and I got 394 points.Is it possible to apply for Ontario pnp express entry scheme.
Regards
paul

pauljosem

Jun 10, 2015
I have created my express entry profile.Can any body help me with the next step in Ontario pnp express entry scheme.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Does the spouse of principal applicant also need to submit it's birth certificate or only the principal applicant

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
rajanvnv,
even I used to think so, and was really worried when my rejected FSW application took a long time
to return. But, Cambridge English officially says the following:

Information for candidates who have taken IELTS

After taking IELTS, you will receive one copy of your Test Report form (TRF) and this cannot be replaced.
If you need additional copies to be sent to recognising organisations however, please contact your IELTS centre for assistance. Your centre may charge an administration fee for providing this service. Your centre cannot send additional TRFs if your test was taken more two years ago.

Candidates who wish to use their IELTS result for immigration purposes

If you wish to use your IELTS test result to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) or United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) you can request one additional copy of your TRF from your centre (two in total). Proof of your application to CIC or UKVI will need to be provided.

Hope this helps

Regards

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi Guys, .
I understand that you need the stipulated funds
Can we also submit proof of Stock (Equity Shares) and Mutual Funds apart from Bank Statements to meet the criteria for PoF for OOPNP

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

visawizard

Jan 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauljosem said:
Hi I Just applied for my express entry and I got 394 points.Is it possible to apply for Ontario pnp express entry scheme.
Regards
paul
You can apply only after you get the PT notification in MYCIC.