+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw, reference letter for self-employed

arthurspirke

Feb 18, 2021
Hello everyone! I was a long-time reader in this forum and always wanted to become a writer as well. Now I have something to share and need to ask you about something related to the Ontario Tech Draw nominee program.

On a recent draw (16th of Feb), I have received NOI from Ontario Tech Draw, and currently, I am in the process of filling in my account information in Ontario’s Immigration portal. I want to clarify something related to work experience there, how to show it properly.

I am a software developer (NOC 2174), self-employed (all of my professional career), have 7+ years of experience. During this time, I have had 3 clients of mine:

First client - 01.01.2014 - 12.12.2018.
Second client - 01.01.2019 - 07.07.2019.
Third client - 01.08.2019 - Present.

I have all documents related to the tax service, invoices, contracts, etc. The only thing I need to gather is a bunch of reference letters from my clients. I can easily get a reference letter from the First client. However, the Second one is a hard-to-reach one, and the Third one is my current client, which I do not want to inform about my intention to immigrate yet if it is possible. The question is - would it be ok to state all three clients in my application, provide all related documents for all of them, but provide a reference letter only from the First client? Or if I claim that I had/have a client, I should always provide a reference letter from them?

Thank you very much for your help!