+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

playlikednb

Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys, on OINP website it's been reported:
In 2021:
  • Ontario received an allocation of 8,350 plus an additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC Skill Level C).
  • As of October 14, 2021, 7,849 nominations have been issued.
Do I understand correctly, that according to the draw from October 27 1,408 NOIs issued, not more than 501 (8,350 - 7,849) (or even much fewer) applicants will be nominated? So it's like just ~30% of applications will be successful? :oops:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello guys, on OINP website it's been reported:

Do I understand correctly, that according to the draw from October 27 1,408 NOIs issued, not more than 501 (8,350 - 7,849) (or even much fewer) applicants will be nominated? So it's like just ~30% of applications will be successful? :oops:
You don't have to worry about it.

Every year Ontario gets a certain number of allocation from CIC, but it usually issues more nominations than the allocated cap and thereafter, the extra ones are adjusted into next year's allocation.

So, all the eligible candidates will receive the nominations if they file their applications correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: playlikednb

nick986

Nov 5, 2021
Hello guys, Congrats on your NOI's! I have a question, I had hired a law firm to handle my application and just last week they informed me of NOI under NOC 0213 (456). They had asked me to fill an IMM5562 form (Travel info form) and I filled and sent that. Just recently while I was reviewing I realized I missed one travel entry in that form. My question is at what point is that IMM5562 form submitted? Before NOI, or after ITA? Is it too late for me to change that IMM5562 form?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello guys, Congrats on your NOI's! I have a question, I had hired a law firm to handle my application and just last week they informed me of NOI under NOC 0213 (456). They had asked me to fill an IMM5562 form (Travel info form) and I filled and sent that. Just recently while I was reviewing I realized I missed one travel entry in that form. My question is at what point is that IMM5562 form submitted? Before NOI, or after ITA? Is it too late for me to change that IMM5562 form?
Form is not required for OINP application, only travel history details are required to fill in to the online application.

Check with your consultant, and resend them your details. They'll update it in the online application before submitting it.

diyaaa

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Guys! Congrats on NOI! I have few questions wrt the oinp application, could you please help me out...

1. What are the documents to be submitted only after they are notarized?
2. Is it okay to update EE profile after receiving NOI? I need to update my WES reference number as I ordered a duplicate week ago.
2. I am having CRS 463, and my ielts (8.5 8 7 7) is expiring next month. I have already booked my test, but was wondering if the test result is not the same or greater than the existing score, would it impact my application? Anyone in same boat?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys! Congrats on NOI! I have few questions wrt the oinp application, could you please help me out...

1. What are the documents to be submitted only after they are notarized?
2. Is it okay to update EE profile after receiving NOI? I need to update my WES reference number as I ordered a duplicate week ago.
3. I am having CRS 463, and my ielts (8.5 8 7 7) is expiring next month. I have already booked my test, but was wondering if the test result is not the same or greater than the existing score, would it impact my application? Anyone in same boat?
1. For starters, birth/police/marriage certificates. Basically notarize every required document whose original is not in English because you will need the notarization for EE regardless of whether OINP asks for it. Bank statements, for example, might not need notarization as they come in English.
2. Yes, assuming your CRS will not change and you will provide any additional materials (if you happen to add a promotion in your work experience, for instance).
3. IELTS needs to be valid at the time you submit. So if you submit OINP before IELTS expiration, you should be good for OINP. However, your next IELTS is still relevant because it needs to get you eligible for EE. When you submit EE your current IELTS would have expired. Note that even after getting 600 points from OINP you still have to be eligible regardless of CRS.

Reactions: diyaaa

diyaaa

Apr 18, 2019
Reg work reference letter, I have requested my previous company and they have provided it with company letterhead, and was signed by my then lead. Is it OKAY or does that need to be signed by HR? I checked in the requirements but I'm still not quite clear. Please help!

vipulCanada

Nov 1, 2021
NOC duty mismatch for previous companies
1. I have total of 11.5 years of experience.
2. Primary NOC - 2173
2. Current company 6.5 years -- ref letter duties match with 2173, in EE profile NOC chosen - 2173
3. Previous 2 companies remaining -- ref letter duties better match with 2174, in EE profile NOC chosen 2173
4. Cannot get new Ref letters for previous companies with new duties matching 2173.

Please suggest how to handle this scenario
1. Change the previous company work history in EE profile and update NOC to 2174
2. Delete them altogether and show only current company as more than last 5 years spent here ..for Ontario profile work history also show only current company
3. Keep as such and make no changes. There can be no rejection because they can reject only previous company experience for NOC mismatch but current is fine and hence eligibility is maintained

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Reg work reference letter, I have requested my previous company and they have provided it with company letterhead, and was signed by my then lead. Is it OKAY or does that need to be signed by HR? I checked in the requirements but I'm still not quite clear. Please help!
Short answer: OKAY afaik

I had the same thing: letter for previous job signed by then-lead, company letterhead, no company stamp, no HR signature. My consultant, who is RCIC-registered and quite experienced, said it was acceptable.

Reactions: diyaaa

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC duty mismatch for previous companies
1. I have total of 11.5 years of experience.
2. Primary NOC - 2173
2. Current company 6.5 years -- ref letter duties match with 2173, in EE profile NOC chosen - 2173
3. Previous 2 companies remaining -- ref letter duties better match with 2174, in EE profile NOC chosen 2173
4. Cannot get new Ref letters for previous companies with new duties matching 2173.

Please suggest how to handle this scenario
1. Change the previous company work history in EE profile and update NOC to 2174
2. Delete them altogether and show only current company as more than last 5 years spent here ..for Ontario profile work history also show only current company
3. Keep as such and make no changes. There can be no rejection because they can reject only previous company experience for NOC mismatch but current is fine and hence eligibility is maintained
I’m assuming that you just got NOI in this tech draw. If you’re only in the pool you’d be free to change NOC without any need to explain.

You can explain to OINP that your NOC for the former jobs should be 2174 instead of 2173. Make it clear that your current job alone qualifies you for OINP and EE, so the former jobs can be “personal experience” instead of “work experience” as you don’t need points from them.

vipulCanada

Nov 1, 2021
I’m assuming that you just got NOI in this tech draw. If you’re only in the pool you’d be free to change NOC without any need to explain.

You can explain to OINP that your NOC for the former jobs should be 2174 instead of 2173. Make it clear that your current job alone qualifies you for OINP and EE, so the former jobs can be “personal experience” instead of “work experience” as you don’t need points from them.
Yes got NOI on 27oct draw....so can i change now or are you trying to say i could have changed before NOI and not now.

Explain it where in LOE? “personal experience" this is to be mentioned in LOE or give details in some tab in application..in Ontatio there is only work history and other activities, where should i keep previous employment details

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Yes got NOI on 27oct draw....so can i change now or are you trying to say i could have changed before NOI and not now.

Explain it where in LOE? “personal experience" this is to be mentioned in LOE or give details in some tab in application..in Ontatio there is only work history and other activities, where should i keep previous employment details

I’m saying that I am not familiar with changing the profile after NOI, hence not sure how that interacts with your application. However, you should be able to get away without changing the profile as long as the OINP officer sees and accepts your current job. Some explanation would help them see it.

Where to explain:
In the employment section you are asked to upload files that prove your employment. Typically you would stitch together a PDF that combines your LoE, pay stubs, and income taxes if applicable — just add a one-page explanation to the front of that PDF saying (1) your current job alone qualifies you and (2) former jobs should be 2174 instead of 2173. Also make clear which pages in the PDF are for which jobs.

vipulCanada

Nov 1, 2021
I’m saying that I am not familiar with changing the profile after NOI, hence not sure how that interacts with your application. However, you should be able to get away without changing the profile as long as the OINP officer sees and accepts your current job. Some explanation would help them see it.

Where to explain:
In the employment section you are asked to upload files that prove your employment. Typically you would stitch together a PDF that combines your LoE, pay stubs, and income taxes if applicable — just add a one-page explanation to the front of that PDF saying (1) your current job alone qualifies you and (2) former jobs should be 2174 instead of 2173. Also make clear which pages in the PDF are for which jobs.
Thanks oinkario
@13nitinsharma @NikSharma01 can u also provide your input on my above mentioned scenario

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks oinkario
@13nitinsharma @NikSharma01 can u also provide your input on my above mentioned scenario
Hi,

Yes, you can make the required changes in the express entry post the NOI and proceed accordingly. Make sure your profile remain up to date with the accurate information.

Regarding employment, you can show work experience as much as you can. But, the assessment period of last 5 years regarding work experience will only initiate from the submission date of your OINP application. So, the only acceptable work experience seems to be the one from your current company.

While, the additional ones can be supported with limited documents.

vipulCanada

Nov 1, 2021
Hi,

Yes, you can make the required changes in the express entry post the NOI and proceed accordingly. Make sure your profile remain up to date with the accurate information.

Regarding employment, you can show work experience as much as you can. But, the assessment period of last 5 years regarding work experience will only initiate from the submission date of your OINP application. So, the only acceptable work experience seems to be the one from your current company.

While, the additional ones can be supported with limited documents.
Since the assessment is for last 5 years only, isn't option 3 i mentioned above is a better option ? i would like to avoid making changes to EE profile. what say?