+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario tech draw NOC confusion

jumbobombo

Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys,

I have received Ontario NOI in the 1st August draw..

I have a problem with my profile.

I have worked as a software engineer NOC 2173 from 6th July 2015 to 24th June 2016

After that I did a MBA in marketing 2016-2018

Now I am working under NOC 0124 marketing since June 2018

I had created my EE profile with my primary NOC 2173 because last year I had more work experience in NOC 2173 software engineer than NOC 0124 marketing

My question is will my current occupation NOC 0124 create a problem in my Ontario pnp application?

Ontario Govt may raise a concern since I'm currently working in a different NOC 0124 than my primary 2173 which is mentioned in the EE profile.

I am thinking of modifying 0124 NOC in the EE keeping it in line with the ondemand occupations in Ontario

Please help. What should I do?
I don't want my application for Ontario be rejected.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi,

May I ask the opinion of the house on the below scenario:
I am working for company XYZ since 2013 and my job duties belong to 2 different NOCs(2173 & 2171). However, in my EE profile, I have mentioned only the NOC 2171 for the whole experience at XYZ. Now, what I want to ask is: whether I can enter my experience as 2 work entries in EE profile? Though, my designation and employer remained the same throughout.

In other words, I am thinking to break my 6+ years of experience as 4+2. 4 years: 2173 and 2 years: 2171.
Although, XYZ might issue me the reference letter mentioning all the job duties in a single bullet list(without mentioning the duration of each type of responsibilities I have here)

Would it be any problem for me? especially, changing the NOC code now when OINP is issuing NOIs to the one NOC I am changing to?

Your thoughts, please? I am in desperate need of guidance for this confusion as it could make or break my case completely if OINP issues more draw at lower CRS.

jumbobombo

Jan 4, 2019
Hi,

May I ask the opinion of the house on the below scenario:
I am working for company XYZ since 2013 and my job duties belong to 2 different NOCs(2173 & 2171). However, in my EE profile, I have mentioned only the NOC 2171 for the whole experience at XYZ. Now, what I want to ask is: whether I can enter my experience as 2 work entries in EE profile? Though, my designation and employer remained the same throughout.

In other words, I am thinking to break my 6+ years of experience as 4+2. 4 years: 2173 and 2 years: 2171.
Although, XYZ might issue me the reference letter mentioning all the job duties in a single bullet list(without mentioning the duration of each type of responsibilities I have here)

Would it be any problem for me? especially, changing the NOC code now when OINP is issuing NOIs to the one NOC I am changing to?

Your thoughts, please? I am in desperate need of guidance for this confusion as it could make or break my case completely if OINP issues more draw at lower CRS.
Yes you can. Just have 2 entries in EE work experience section with the same employer but different NOC