+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

xena_psk

Feb 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi All,
What all the documents we have to submit post receiving PPR? They have also asked for eye color and height. Where are we supposed to mention them? I mean just write it in a paper or is there any document for the same?

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
I prin
Hi All,
What all the documents we have to submit post receiving PPR? They have also asked for eye color and height. Where are we supposed to mention them? I mean just write it in a paper or is there any document for the same?
I printed my details on a A4 paper, as discussed on multiple threads here, in the following format.

Name:
Passport:
UCI:
Application No:
Height:
Left Eye Color:
Right Eye Color:

Date:

Signature:

A few details are extra, but it felt weird to just write 3 details ie. Height, Left Eye color, Right Eye color, on an A4 sheet.

xena_psk

Feb 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your response. And we need submit two different packages for myself and for my spouse right?

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Thank you for your response. And we need submit two different packages for myself and for my spouse right?
Yes two different packages.

Have you filled the forms? I'm confused about what to write in "Name of Person to submit an application or collect the decision on my behalf" section. Should I wait for the delivery guy and write his name :D

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Yes two different packages.

Have you filled the forms? I'm confused about what to write in "Name of Person to submit an application or collect the decision on my behalf" section. Should I wait for the delivery guy and write his name :D
This guy says it should be left blank.

You need to leave that blank. That details is only to be filled if you are using a travel agent to submit your passport.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
I'm also confused on that part. I have kept it blank so far.. ; )
ok, I'm also confused about "Applicants wishing to provide biometrics" or "Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics" section. A lot of people have asked this question but its difficult to track their answers. Most people who have already filled are more interested in complaining that there applications are not moving, and very few have replied to the queries.

Do let me know when you complete your application. I'll call VFS tomorrow and confirm.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
ok, I'm also confused about "Applicants wishing to provide biometrics" or "Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics" section. A lot of people have asked this question but its difficult to track their answers. Most people who have already filled are more interested in complaining that there applications are not moving, and very few have replied to the queries.

Do let me know when you complete your application. I'll call VFS tomorrow and confirm.
Another one

Leave it blank

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Anyone here is an Embedded Software Engineer?
Im not into Embedded.. although i know a few folks across the border in Michigan working on these Infotainment systems and stuff for these auto companies etc.... heard a few of them travel daily to & fro from Windsor to Detroit.

Just curious if you have done some research ....What are the opportunities like in Ontario or Canada in general for Embedded ??... i know that there is a GM or Ford somewhere towards east of toronto... not sure of other industries like Medical Devices/Equipment or Semiconductor... I guess Blackberry is Canadaian...

cyborg009

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Im not into Embedded.. although i know a few folks across the border in Michigan working on these Infotainment systems and stuff for these auto companies etc.... heard a few of them travel daily to & fro from Windsor to Detroit.

Just curious if you have done some research ....What are the opportunities like in Ontario or Canada in general for Embedded ??... i know that there is a GM or Ford somewhere towards east of toronto... not sure of other industries like Medical Devices/Equipment or Semiconductor... I guess Blackberry is Canadaian...
I researched a few times regarding jobs.. I found the majority of embedded job postings are from BC rather than from Ontario. Bombardier is also Canadian and as for other companies they have many major companies like Qualcomm, Huawei, etc. Also, read somewhere that waterloo is a kinda embedded hub of Canada. If you don't mind can we connect over LinkedIn?

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I researched a few times regarding jobs.. I found the majority of embedded job postings are from BC rather than from Ontario. Bombardier is also Canadian and as for other companies they have many major companies like Qualcomm, Huawei, etc. Also, read somewhere that waterloo is a kinda embedded hub of Canada. If you don't mind can we connect over LinkedIn?
Sure, check your message.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Please list down the points and experience later once you are done with it so that it will help other candidates too.. .Thank you && All the best

My passport got picked up today. I paid the fees on Saturday, and bluedart has a holiday on Sunday. So this was quick.

The pick up guy opened the envelope and checked the name on the passport before sealing it.

I didn't seal my package because some people mentioned on this forum that pick up guy checks the passport and content.

I'll compile all other points and post it here soon.