+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
Count me in!! I am thrilled by the mail !!!

But there is a problem, if anyone knows please help us on:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Your work experience must have been:
  • obtained within the last five years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in the same primary occupation as you identified in your Express Entry profile
The primary occupation that I chose (2173) was ended at Feb 19th 2016, now is Feb 16th 2021. exactly 5 years. If I am still eligible for this program??
Should I process the application within February or should be completed before the exact date (19th) ??

I am working as a product manager (NOC 0213) for nearly 3 years, before it was titled Business Analyst wrongly, so I couldn't use it as a primary occupation. Now I got the right job title, can I update my Express Entry profile to change primary occupation and still eligible for this Tech draw??

Please help me out with this issue, I really appreciate your guidance. Thanks!

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019

The primary occupation that I chose (2173) was ended at Feb 19th 2016, now is Feb 16th 2021. exactly 5 years. If I am still eligible for this program??
Should I process the application within February or should be completed before the exact date (19th) ??

I am working as a product manager (NOC 0213) for nearly 3 years, before it was titled Business Analyst wrongly, so I couldn't use it as a primary occupation. Now I got the right job title, can I update my Express Entry profile to change primary occupation and still eligible for this Tech draw??

Hard to say. I think you will be best advised to contact OINP directly for that.

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019

Even I have same query .
My NOC was 2172 from June 2015 to July 2018 .

But since then I had been working in non tech NOC .

Can you please share the link for OINP tech work exp criteria?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
ONTARIO TECH DRAW HAPPENED TODAY!

On February 16, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 453 and 467 and work experience in the NOC codes noted in the program update below.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:
  • receive a notification of interest on February 16, 2021
  • can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
  • If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
The OINP has targeted candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:
  • 0213 Computer and information systems managers
  • 2147 Computer engineers
  • 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
  • 2173 Software engineers and designers
  • 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
  • 2175 Web designers and developers
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.

BELOW are the ELIGIBILITY REQUIRMENTS for OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream:

FSW - at least 1 year of work experience in last 5 years in the primary NOC
CEC - at least 1 year of work experience in last 3 years in the primary NOC

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

Yes, you can.

Reactions: Uvr and hajihd

Akash1286

Feb 16, 2021
Here here!
So I have 60 days to accept and create a profile and 14 days after that to upload all documents?

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
Yes, you can.
Thank you! I updated my primary occupation.
I still have another issue, 0213 does not exactly name Product manager as a part of it. Some says it is 0213, some says 0611 ... It might be tricky to see if OINP agree with my choice of NOC or not :(

RSabs

Jul 1, 2020
Hi all,
I am a newbie to this world. Received an email yesterday too. My question is how many days exactly do I have to complete the form with all documents?

Mkhusro89

Feb 17, 2021
Congratulations

i have a question. I am currently working as Sr software eng and was previously SE 3 in the same company. But in the EE profile, I have mentioned only the senior role. Do we need to mention all positions explicitly in the company?
Can I edit the EE profile now? If yes, will it effect my EOI from Ontario?

Reactions: Wifefo88

Mkhusro89

Feb 17, 2021
Thank you! I updated my primary occupation.
I still have another issue, 0213 does not exactly name Product manager as a part of it. Some says it is 0213, some says 0611 ... It might be tricky to see if OINP agree with my choice of NOC or not :(
Were you able to edit your work experience details? Did it effect your EOI messgae?