+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario: selection process, EE (FWSP) w\ OINP (Human Capital Priorities Stream)

JohnTario

Dec 7, 2015
Say you enter EE FWSP, receive >400 pts CRS and meet the other Ontario criteria.

Once you receive an (automated?) PT Notification of Interest from Ontario, are your additional 600 points and subsequent invitation to apply for PR

a) "safe", i.e. just dependent on the formalities of the application (work exp., edu., fee, etc.), or

b) is there an additional selection process among all those who submit formally complete and eligible applications to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream?

I ask, because the official website's explanation of the process jumps from
"OINP will assess your nomination according to the Human Capital Priorities Stream eligibility criteria. Your application will also be assessed to ensure you meet the FSWP or CEC criteria."

straight to

"If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from OINP through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination.",

conveniently leaving out the part of what happens in between. I mean, they do have only limited Provincial Nominations to give out...

Bonus question: If a), then why does the OINP application include a section for free-form writing about any possible ties to Ontario you might have? And on the other hand, if b), then is there any information on how the "soft" criteria of the application ("give arbitrary information about your ties to Ontario") is handled/ranked?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
JohnTario said:
Say you enter EE FWSP, receive >400 pts CRS and meet the other Ontario criteria.

Once you receive an (automated?) PT Notification of Interest from Ontario, are your additional 600 points and subsequent invitation to apply for PR

a) "safe", i.e. just dependent on the formalities of the application (work exp., edu., fee, etc.), or

b) is there an additional selection process among all those who submit formally complete and eligible applications to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream?

I ask, because the official website's explanation of the process jumps from
"OINP will assess your nomination according to the Human Capital Priorities Stream eligibility criteria. Your application will also be assessed to ensure you meet the FSWP or CEC criteria."

straight to

"If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from OINP through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination.",

conveniently leaving out the part of what happens in between. I mean, they do have only limited Provincial Nominations to give out...

Bonus question: If a), then why does the OINP application include a section for free-form writing about any possible ties to Ontario you might have? And on the other hand, if b), then is there any information on how the "soft" criteria of the application ("give arbitrary information about your ties to Ontario") is handled/ranked?

The answer is a slightly modified version of b):
The CIC will verify once again the documents you have sent them plus verify your nomination with OINP.

Here is the link to "everything in between": http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp

Bonus question: It's called the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program for a good reason: they have to be convinced that their work to nominate you and bring you into Canada will directly benefit the province of Ontario.
There is no "ranking", but it depends purely on the individual's case. I've seen OINP reject people who were working in the United States (even if they worked in Ontario before) because OINP wasn't convinced of their ties to Ontario. But they would happily nominate people who've never been to Canada.

canadaasp

Jan 13, 2016
Hi all,
As I have to submit 6 months of upto date bank statements for OINP I just put the deposit in the bank.So do I have to wait till atleast July 30 to apply for nomination??That is a long wait.Can anyone give an opinion?

Can you please give me an answer