+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario pnp update

Indi- canada

Nov 13, 2015
mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
Ontario stopped issuing PNP nominations quite a while back with a declaration that it may be starting to issue new nominations towards the year end. Well, there are some speculations that nominations will resume towards the end of November 2016 (read specifically 25th November 2016) with a higher CRS score.

It is expected that Canadian Govt. will impose some new regulations and implement changes towards the calculations of CRS scores, where students with Canadian education will be allotted additional points which will add up to their CRS scores. The scores may be in range of 5-20 depending upon the education completed. This in turn will raise the CRS bar towards the higher level of 500. Our sources indicate that if these changes are implemented CRS may well remain above the level of 500 till the middle of year 2017 unless the immigration targets are changed and Canada issues higher number of nominations for each upcoming draw this year until May 2017.

The backlogs have been a huge headache for the aspirants and there has been an uproar amongst international students waiting in Canada to get invitation in the express entry system.

Another important fact to consider here is the Ontario government is contemplating the idea of raising the minimum cut-off CRS score to 450 for the nomination which was 400 before the nominations were closed. This is being considered to make sure the nomination targets are filled up at a convenient pace and to give preference to those who have Canadian education.

Ontario has been very slow lately to issue nominations for candidates who have filled in their applications before the system was paused. All of these proposed changes are still under consideration and if there are any changes to these thoughts or any new propositions, we will integrate those changes here.

Let us know your thoughts about these changes whether positive or negative.

Cheers

Aaron_thomas

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Feb 2016
Nomination.....
ITA: 22nd Feb 2017
AOR Received.
29th April 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8th April 2017
Hi,

Please advise what is the source of this information? I am at 449 with CLB 10 in all modules of IELTS & hence having no possibility of improving my scores.

If true, this will surely crash my dream for Canadian immigration.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Indi- canada said:
Ontario stopped issuing PNP nominations quite a while back with a declaration that it may be starting to issue new nominations towards the year end. Well, there are some speculations that nominations will resume towards the end of November 2016 (read specifically 25th November 2016) with a higher CRS score.
Ontario has not stopped issuing nominations, they have just paused issuing PT NOI and that too because the quota is exhausted for 2016. They never said they paused it due to upcoming changes !!!

Aaron_thomas

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Feb 2016
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
29th April 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8th April 2017
Indi- canada said:
Another important fact to consider here is the Ontario government is contemplating the idea of raising the minimum cut-off CRS score to 450 for the nomination which was 400 before the nominations were closed. This is being considered to make sure the nomination targets are filled up at a convenient pace and to give preference to those who have Canadian education.
This is the most worrying part, if true...... :(

Joantasik

Oct 7, 2012
Aaron_thomas said:
Hi,

Please advise what is the source of this information? I am at 449 with CLB 10 in all modules of IELTS & hence having no possibility of improving my scores.

If true, this will surely crash my dream for Canadian immigration.
Hello Aaron,

COngrats on your CLB 10 in all modules. I was just wondering if you can help me out in IELTS. I am sitting at 458 and I have been waiting for 8 months for my nomination and nothing seems to happen so I am planning to increase my IELTS score and get CLB 10. Would you be able to help me out with it.

Aaron_thomas

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Feb 2016
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
29th April 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8th April 2017
Hi Joan,

I did not make any special effort for the IELTS...I work as a Senior manager in the Finance Section of an international firm & my work profile is such that I have to interact via phone & email to a lot of international colleagues on a regular basis.

For your tests, just stay calm & focus only on the test paper & question in front of you. Do not go with any heavy "what if" scenarios.....read newspapers & books to brush up on your vocabulary...

All the best!!

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Indi- canada said:

It is expected that Canadian Govt. will impose some new regulations and implement changes towards the calculations of CRS scores, where students with Canadian education will be allotted additional points which will add up to their CRS scores. The scores may be in range of 5-20 depending upon the education completed. This in turn will raise the CRS bar towards the higher level of 500. Our sources indicate that if these changes are implemented CRS may well remain above the level of 500 till the middle of year 2017 unless the immigration targets are changed and Canada issues higher number of nominations for each upcoming draw this year until May 2017.

The backlogs have been a huge headache for the aspirants and there has been an uproar amongst international students waiting in Canada to get invitation in the express entry system.

Ontario has been very slow lately to issue nominations for candidates who have filled in their applications before the system was paused. All of these proposed changes are still under consideration and if there are any changes to these thoughts or any new propositions, we will integrate those changes here.

Let us know your thoughts about these changes whether positive or negative.

Cheers
@Indi-canada, could you mention the source of what you've mentioned: OINP will likely increase cut-off CRS above 450? Without credible source, this kind of information may be regarded as speculation. Many aspirants' hope, like mine, depends on the CRS being at 400 for OINP, otherwise they will need to change their plan. So, it is very important that information posted in the forum is reliable. Thanks!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
is it even possible for HCPS applicants to attain 450?

how does this information fare with the "other video" that says the crs cuttoff will decrease to <400 ?? LOL

who would anyone pay 1500$ for nomination if it indeed decreases?

I don't blame you however, when there's no official source of info, many will start exploiting the gullibility of the concerned

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Evidence/source please. Else it is just hearsay.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He took this information from oopnp website. Here is the link

http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/11/ontario-pnp-nominations-likely-to-open-on-25th-november-2016-crs-to-go-higher/#more-48

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
That source itself says "Our sources". Sigh, I don't know if I trust this consultancy. I would rather trust that CIC employee from that conference video from May than this.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Actually, come to think of it, I trust no one until I see things moving in that direction for real. Will have to just wait and watch what actually happens.

biker 4life

Oct 4, 2016
raven00090 said:
That source itself says "Our sources". Sigh, I don't know if I trust this consultancy. I would rather trust that CIC employee from that conference video from May than this.
do any of you have the link to the OTHER VIDEO or the CIC EMP video

biker 4life

Oct 4, 2016
please go through the link and subscribe to his videos on you tube, This is Alex, he is a lawyer who is also a immigration consultant. you will find him and his videos helpful

youtube.com/watch?v=_JTXstFTt2g

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Actually, come to think of it, I trust no one until I see things moving in that direction for real. Will have to just wait and watch what actually happens.
true that, its mere speculation for now...
what i'm 100% sure wont happen is OINP raising bar to 450 directly, from 400...
Lets say they raise it to 450, and average scores after this is around 475.... how many you think will pay $1500 to get nomination, when if they try harder in ielts or get better experience they can directly apply for ITA... what i'm saying is between 450-475 there are not many candidates who will go for OINP

i think it will be raised, but probably to 420 or 425, that will give them enough room to play with... what i would strongly suggest also is to have all documents ready before hand, becoz this time the OINP quota will fill a LOT quicker than before... it will be 9 months since OINP stopped issuing PT, and in this time a lot of candidates have entered the pool with 400> scores... so quota will fill quicker.

TBH what i'm really afraid is if they come up with NOC based quota instead of the score based quota, that will pretty much end hopes for a lot of candidates :(