+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Questions

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi,

I am new here. I apologize if my questions have been asked/answered before.

I am a Software Engineer, recently just got an offer from an employer in Ontario. (I haven't accepted the offer yet). I am an international student with post graduate work visa. My questions are the following:

1. Is it okay to ask my employer to help me with PNP application? Do people do this, when they got an job offer?
2. What would be the reasons for an employer to say "NO" on helping me with PNP?
3. I understand PNP application fee is expensive, what is the success/failure rate for my PNP application after I pay?

Thank you for all the responses!

Regards,
Terry

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
gn02090867 said:
Hi,

I am new here. I apologize if my questions have been asked/answered before.

I am a Software Engineer, recently just got an offer from an employer in Ontario. (I haven't accepted the offer yet). I am an international student with post graduate work visa. My questions are the following:

1. Is it okay to ask my employer to help me with PNP application? Do people do this, when they got an job offer?
2. What would be the reasons for an employer to say "NO" on helping me with PNP?
3. I understand PNP application fee is expensive, what is the success/failure rate for my PNP application after I pay?

Thank you for all the responses!

Regards,
Terry
Since your question hasn't been answered and it's been a while, I will try to answer these questions for you although I might be not the best person to do so.

I am a Business graduate from Ontario, and upon having offered employment, I asked if they would be willing to help me with my immigration. They agreed to help me with my PNP Application (Back in 2012) and also claimed to have helped several other employees. Things didn't go well with me and the employer, however. I moved to Saskatchewan. Since then, I have been in Saskatchewan and got my immigration under Saskatchewan PNP.

Opportunities Ontario will charge a non-refundable processing fee, payable with each nominee application. The fee is $2,000 for all General Category applicants who will be working for an employer located in the GTA and $1,500 for all General Category applicants who will be working for an employer located outside the GTA. For employees of investors, the fee is $3,500. Now depending on whether you and the employer are willing to negotiate on sharing these costs, the employer might not be willing to shell out the $2000 on someone who would be on probation. Also, Provincial nominees will receive priority processing from CIC, so employers that are aware of this fact will not want to shell the money out if they feel you are overqualified for the position and might move in the near future.

In general, across Canada, the PNP success rate has been said to be close to 95%. However, keep in mind that this success rate is for applicants who have gotten Provincial Nomination and have applied to CIC for PR Status. The probability of success in getting a nomination from province is very difficult to guess. As long as you have submitted a complete application package and paid the required fee, I do not see a reason for them to reject it.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Sundip.

I will really appreciate if you can answer my question also please.

I am a university graduate and i am planning to apply for pnp ontario very soon under Masters student category. My question is that i do not have funds in my account but i am working full time and my salary is more than required funds.I am really confused regarding this as i fulfil all other requirements but the funds one. I am getting support from my family as well and my income is enough also.

Please help

I will be very thankfull to you.

Thanks

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
bornhunter said:
Hi Sundip.

I will really appreciate if you can answer my question also please.

I am a university graduate and i am planning to apply for pnp ontario very soon under Masters student category. My question is that i do not have funds in my account but i am working full time and my salary is more than required funds.I am really confused regarding this as i fulfil all other requirements but the funds one. I am getting support from my family as well and my income is enough also.

Please help

I will be very thankfull to you.

Thanks
Please check your inbox

Noor1995

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi
I want apply for Ontario Pnp international student stream category
My employer is ready to support my application and fulfill all requirements under this stream (3 years of active business, 5 full time PR emplyees and turnover more than 1 million)

I have confusion as last year company owners changed and that time they registered their company again in Ontario (resulting change in their incorporate number under Ontario)
Will that be considered as 3 years of active business or not in file

Please advise
Thank you