+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi guys, I have a question. At what point do you make payment when you submit your OINP application? Is it immediately? Or as you click submit, it’s directs you to the url for payment ? Or you have some number is days to make payment ? . Please guide me through the payment process
Once you are ready to submit. After you've filled everything and checked for completeness, click on summary then click pay and submit.

kexepet

Aug 28, 2020
This is my dilemma guys and I need advise. I’m on 471 & I missed today’s ITA because of tie breaking rule. I got OINP nomination on the 26th of Aug which 45days elapses by Oct 9.
What’s the minimum time for OINP to start processing application ? Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to withdraw my application, get my funds then go ahead with EE in the next draw. I need advise please

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
This is my dilemma guys and I need advise. I’m on 471 & I missed today’s ITA because of tie breaking rule. I got OINP nomination on the 26th of Aug which 45days elapses by Oct 9.
What’s the minimum time for OINP to start processing application ? Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to withdraw my application, get my funds then go ahead with EE in the next draw. I need advise please
If you submit on October 8th and the draw of October 14 favours you, you can withdraw and get a refund. I don't think your application would have moved past submission stage within a week.

Reactions: kexepet

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I have submitted my application on 14 sept and its still under submitted status. You are good to go ! Submit your application by 7-8 October, just to avoid system down risk! You will easily be able to withdraw your application if you receive ita

SVJO123

Aug 18, 2020
Cool, looks like it is completely random and depends on luck, I submitted documents for six different employers and my timeline is same as yours.
I agree, it has to be completely random and based on luck because i submitted my application on 27th aug and still it hasnt moved to assessment while it has moved to assessment for people who submitted their application at a later date than mine.

RamKy1

Sep 29, 2020
SEEK HELP ~ UNOFFICIAL BREAK IN EDUCATION HISTORY*

Hello all, I find myself in a potentially sticky situation, and so seeking your advice on how best to fill the OINP "Other Activities" section (i.e., the Personal History section.)

I was undertaking a 2-year full-time Master studies outside India in 2017-19. However, due to a serious family problem (involving the ill health of a loved one), I had to take a break for a 2-month period (during the 1st year of my college). This was done with the permission of the school's Dean and Academic Committee (I obtained an email approval). I could do this because I rearranged my academic credits in such a way that I returned after my leave and completed those pending credits in the 2nd year of my studies. Now, technically I fulfilled all the credit requirements of the program and I graduated in 2019. But, my 2-month break was not recorded in the university's records as a "break", since I just chose not to "register" for any courses for that period. So, it was treated as a "Leave of Absence". And, anyways I completed all my graduating credit requirements within the duration of the 2 years (no extra time taken).

How do I explain this in my "Other Activities" section, as I have to show my travel history for these 2 months, while technically I was on a full-time study. PLEASE HELP!!

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
SEEK HELP ~ UNOFFICIAL BREAK IN EDUCATION HISTORY*

Hello all, I find myself in a potentially sticky situation, and so seeking your advice on how best to fill the OINP "Other Activities" section (i.e., the Personal History section.)

I was undertaking a 2-year full-time Master studies outside India in 2017-19. However, due to a serious family problem (involving the ill health of a loved one), I had to take a break for a 2-month period (during the 1st year of my college). This was done with the permission of the school's Dean and Academic Committee (I obtained an email approval). I could do this because I rearranged my academic credits in such a way that I returned after my leave and completed those pending credits in the 2nd year of my studies. Now, technically I fulfilled all the credit requirements of the program and I graduated in 2019. But, my 2-month break was not recorded in the university's records as a "break", since I just chose not to "register" for any courses for that period. So, it was treated as a "Leave of Absence". And, anyways I completed all my graduating credit requirements within the duration of the 2 years (no extra time taken).

How do I explain this in my "Other Activities" section, as I have to show my travel history for these 2 months, while technically I was on a full-time study. PLEASE HELP!!
It's not difficult, just explain as you've explained here. It's nothing to get yourself worked up about. You can attach the copy of the email you got from the dean as well.

blueivory

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
If someone is nominated for the Masters stream, but before they apply for PR, they have an opportunity to work briefly outside d province and return tonthe province before apply for PR, will this be an issue? And how long after getting d nomination can ine apply for PR?

RamKy1

Sep 29, 2020
It's not difficult, just explain as you've explained here. It's nothing to get yourself worked up about. You can attach the copy of the email you got from the dean as well.
Thank you, @Timbuktu_14. I was worried whether the authorities will question the "2 year full time". Since, one is expected to be at school full time

EdwinF

Oct 2, 2020
Hi everyone, how long does it take from DIP to Nomination ? I got stuck in DIP for 2 weeks now.

My timeline (July 29 2020 Tech Draw):
Submitted: Aug 6
Assessment: Sep 12
Decision in Process: Sep 18

shahanaz

Aug 5, 2020
Hi everyone, how long does it take from DIP to Nomination ? I got stuck in DIP for 2 weeks now.

My timeline (July 29 2020 Tech Draw):
Submitted: Aug 6
Assessment: Sep 12
Decision in Process: Sep 18
I am in DIP since September 10th

mariee81

Aug 5, 2020
Hello,

I am new here. I have recently submitted EE profile, my score is 459, NOC code 2121.
What are my chances of receiving NOI from Ontario. How exactly the process works, do they pick passively? Or do I need to fill another form.

Thank you for your help