+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know if the entire passport needs to be uploaded for Ontario application or just the information page and Canadian visas if any? I'm seeing conflicting information in the application portal.

In the general information section, they say this:
Submit clear copies of ALL the pages of your passport including the front and back cover.

But in the upload section, they say this:
Provide a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps

Any idea?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hey, does anyone know if the entire passport needs to be uploaded for Ontario application or just the information page and Canadian visas if any? I'm seeing conflicting information in the application portal.

In the general information section, they say this:
Submit clear copies of ALL the pages of your passport including the front and back cover.

But in the upload section, they say this:
Provide a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps

Any idea?
to be on safe side I provided all, including the covers back and front too

Reactions: ns317

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Guys, once the status shows to submitted when does the candidate get ITA? In the next EE DRAW?
No, they need to nominate you first after they must have been satisfied that you fit the requirements for a nomination. That could take a couple of weeks.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
In the first page it says all pages including back and cover
Right.. I also checked the guide and there it says clearly that one must upload every single page including stamps and visas. So I'm gonna do that. I guess the upload section had an error that they overlooked.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Guys, once the status shows to submitted when does the candidate get ITA? In the next EE DRAW?
After submission, the application moves through a couple of stages (Assessment, DIP), before it reaches Nomination. You'll get the 600 points only then. Lately the process has been faster (a month or 6 weeks), but it could take over 60 days from submission to nomination.

Reactions: Andyg

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Right.. I also checked the guide and there it says clearly that one must upload every single page including stamps and visas. So I'm gonna do that. I guess the upload section had an error that they overlooked.
On the website it’s mentioned:
2. Passport
You must scan and upload a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps.
Since I did not have any Canadian visas and/ or entry stamps, so I did not upload all the pages but first and last page.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
On the website it’s mentioned:
2. Passport
You must scan and upload a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps.
Since I did not have any Canadian visas and/ or entry stamps, so I did not upload all the pages but first and last page.
Yeah, that's why I had the confusion. There's conflicting information within the portal. So I'm going by the guide just to be safe. The guide says this:

2.2 Your Passport (mandatory)
A copy of your entire valid passport.

Your passport copy must include clear copies of ALL pages including your personal details page, all blank pages, temporary resident visas, entry stamps, and/or any other immigration stamps.

If your passport was issued within two years of applying to the OINP, you must include copies of all of the pages of your last passport.
Note: Your application will be returned as incomplete and your application fee refunded if you do not provide ALL the pages of your passport.

2.3 Your Family Members’ Passports (mandatory, if applicable)
A copy of the personal details page from the passport of each dependent family member. Dependent family members can include your spouse or common-law-partner, your children under the age of 22 and their children.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Yeah, that's why I had the confusion. There's conflicting information within the portal. So I'm going by the guide just to be safe. The guide says this:

2.2 Your Passport (mandatory)
A copy of your entire valid passport.

Your passport copy must include clear copies of ALL pages including your personal details page, all blank pages, temporary resident visas, entry stamps, and/or any other immigration stamps.

If your passport was issued within two years of applying to the OINP, you must include copies of all of the pages of your last passport.
Note: Your application will be returned as incomplete and your application fee refunded if you do not provide ALL the pages of your passport.

2.3 Your Family Members’ Passports (mandatory, if applicable)
A copy of the personal details page from the passport of each dependent family member. Dependent family members can include your spouse or common-law-partner, your children under the age of 22 and their children.
Oh ok. Can you share the link where all this is mentioned. May be I am missing something.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Oh ok. Can you share the link where all this is mentioned. May be I am missing something.
Its from an old PDF guide for OINP which they just announced as removed and the document checklist pages are the only official guides from now. Just to be on the safe side, its best to scan all pages of passport including personal information pages.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
It's a pdf that can be downloaded from the 2nd link on the right side: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream

Yeah, maybe it's an old one and not relevant anymore. And they probably just forgot to remove the info from the general section of the application. ln any case, even if you uploaded just the details pages, I'm sure they'll ask for it in case they really need to see the entire passport.

Reactions: sarikavats

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Anyone has an idea when does the ONIP Masters Stream draw takes place in 2020. How to know the updates regarding the ONIP draws in advance? Thank you.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Its from an old PDF guide for OINP which they just announced as removed and the document checklist pages are the only official guides from now. Just to be on the safe side, its best to scan all pages of passport including personal information pages.
I referred to their document checklist and as per that uploaded only front and back details of passport. Couldn’t imagine they would expect someone to scan and upload blank pages when nothing of that sort is mentioned on their website. Well let’s see what happens as now nothing can be done :(