+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello Madam/Sir,

I got Notification of interest (NOI) from Ontario yesterday and wondering how I can fill the application through the ONIP portal? I don't know what are the options I need to select while filling the application. Could you please share any document or reference where I can see step by step process to apply for ONIP?

Thanks
Rounak

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello,

I have created the EE profile last month and got NOI nomination from Ontario. I don't know how to accept NOI as I don't see any option in my EE profile. Could someone help me with that?

PinkFloyd89

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Hello Madam/Sir,

I got Notification of interest (NOI) from Ontario yesterday and wondering how I can fill the application through the ONIP portal? I don't know what are the options I need to select while filling the application. Could you please share any document or reference where I can see step by step process to apply for ONIP?

Thanks
Rounak
Congratulations on the NOI !
As a starting point, go through this page which would give you an overview of OINP:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream
and then the application guider over here:
http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_hcp.pdf
It's pretty much detailed and should answer most of your innate questions.

Reactions: Rounakm12

PinkFloyd89

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Hello,

I have created the EE profile last month and got NOI nomination from Ontario. I don't know how to accept NOI as I don't see any option in my EE profile. Could someone help me with that?
You will only receive a message in your IRCC account for Ontario's NOI, no option to "accept" NOI. After that:
  • you have 45 calendar days after you receive your NOI to apply to this stream
  • you have to apply through the OINP e-Filing Portal
Regarding option to "accept" NOI not being present in EE profile: When you submit your application to Ontario through OINP portal(along with payment of 1500 CAD), your application is reviewed by OINP to see if it meets all of their requirements.
After roughly 1-3 months, when your nomination is "Approved", only then you see that "I Accept" and "I Do Not Accept" buttons in your EE profile. And once you accept this nomination, you get a maximum of 600 points added to your CRS score!

Reactions: Rounakm12

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi All, I am an inland applicant with CRS 451 with NOC code 2174 work experience (CEC applicant). I am a British Columbia resident and have been working here for over 1 year now. Yesterday, I got NOI from Ontario. But currently I am working in British Columbia. I am ready to move to Ontario if I get approved. I submitted my profile in Sept 2019.

1) Should I accept the OINP NOI and submit documents or wait for next CIC DRAW?

2) As of now, I have not accepted the OINP NOI. Am I still eligible for next CIC Express Entry Draw?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRS - 451 (Inland CEC - British Columbia)
NOC - 2174
OINP NOI issued - 13 May 2020 | NOI not yet accepted
Date of Submission of EE profile
-25 Sep 2019
You will get your ITA today, score is will fall below 450, don't bother with the OINP NOI.

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
Hello my dear experienced fellow!

My CRS score is 401 and NOC is 0111. Is there any chance for me to secure a NOI from OINP in near future?

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
In the latest round of invitations, Ontario has invited people with canadian work experience only, including CEC category.
To qualify for CEC, you need to have at least 1 year of canadian work exp in the last 3 years.
But, one of my known who is not CEC but has 1 year of canadian work ex in the year 2015, has received NOI in their latest Tech draw.
so they should apply under cec or fsw under HCP stream ? still NOI is valid for them? Could you explain

PinkFloyd89

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
so they should apply under cec or fsw under HCP stream ? still NOI is valid for them? Could you explain
Ofcourse their NOI is valid. They have been chosen from the EE pool by Ontario, so hell yeah.
They will be applying to Ontario under HCP stream...and later on nomination, they will get ITA in PNP-Outland/Inland category, not FSW.

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Ofcourse their NOI is valid. They have been chosen from the express entry pool by Ontario, so yeah.
They will ba applying to Ontario under HCP stream...and later on nomination, they will get ITA in PNP-Outland category, not FSW.
No you are not getting my point. Under Hcp , at OINP it asks for which category we fall, if it’s fsw or cec, can’t apply on cec as the experience doesn’t fall within last three years. Right ?

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Congratulations on the NOI !
As a starting point, go through this page which would give you an overview of OINP:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream
and then the application guider over here:
http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_hcp.pdf
It's pretty much detailed and should answer most of your innate questions.

Thank you Sir :) for the reply. I have a doubt regarding the stream, which stream should I select while filling the application.

My NOC is 2174 and I don't see any details in NOI which stream I have to select. Could you please tell me which stream I have to select?
  • Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • Canadian Experience Class

I appreciate your help!

Reactions: PinkFloyd89

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
You will only receive a message in your IRCC account for Ontario's NOI, no option to "accept" NOI. After that:
  • you have 45 calendar days after you receive your NOI to apply to this stream
  • you have to apply through the OINP e-Filing Portal
Regarding option to "accept" NOI not being present in EE profile: When you submit your application to Ontario through OINP portal(along with payment of 1500 CAD), your application is reviewed by OINP to see if it meets all of their requirements.
After roughly 1-3 months, when your nomination is "Approved", only then you see that "I Accept" and "I Do Not Accept" buttons in your EE profile. And once you accept this nomination, you get a maximum of 600 points added to your CRS score!

Thank you, Sir, for your detailed information.

I have a doubt regarding the stream, which stream should I select while filling the application.

My NOC is 2174 and I don't see any details in NOI which stream I have to select. Could you please tell me which stream I have to select?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

I have a doubt regarding the stream, which stream should I select while filling the application.

May 13th Tech draw was for CEC candidates only...

PinkFloyd89

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018

Ideally, you should fall under CEC category. But, just to be sure, please refer to your CIC account profile and check if you fall under CEC category or FSW category, something like this:
https://ibb.co/GtVpTBp
This is my profile's screenshot when I was single and as you can clearly see, I fall under FSW category which is basically determined/derived when you create profile on CIC website.
You can also connect with OINP team directly over this email id- ontarionominee@ontario.ca and post your query there.
Hope that helps you!

Last edited:

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hi, I am Priyanshi, I wanted to get some insight,
Since it' the time of COvid-19, and there are no ee draws happening currently; my ee profile was created in July 2019. I have a CRS score of 466 with spouse.
I wanted to know the probability of getting nomination from Ontario, since the province has invited people in may 2019 and also in feb 2020 with range 467-471 for same noc.
When i the next oinp draw expected ? My NOC is 1111.
Which other provinces can I apply ?
Regards.