+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
Hello guys,

My application status changed from Submitted to Assessment today but I have one concern.

Instead of the blue icon, the red icon showed up. When I clicked on it, the message reads that my documents are complete and there’s no action required from me at the moment.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Do I need to contact OINP?

Thank you.

Adineh

Jun 5, 2017
Hello guys,

My application status changed from Submitted to Assessment today but I have one concern.

Instead of the blue icon, the red icon showed up. When I clicked on it, the message reads that my documents are complete and there’s no action required from me at the moment.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Do I need to contact OINP?

Thank you.
This is normal, and you need nothing to do.

Reactions: meadow12

amit374

Apr 26, 2015
Hey guys, I have :

CRS - 410
NOC - 2175
Web designer and developer

Is there any chance of NOI from Ontario ?

Last edited:

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hey guys, I have :

CRS - 410
NOC - 2175

Unfortunately 410 is not enough of a score to get a nomination from OINP. They usually invite profiles with an upwards range of 5-10 CRS points below the latest express entry draw. So having at least a score above 460 is needed to give your self a chance.

See if there is a way you can improve your CRS score- better IELTS score, more work exp (if you havnt had 3 yrs yet) or pursuing higher education etc.

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
That score may not be sufficient to get EOI from OINP. I got it with 462 and I spent a long time in the pool before I got it in November 2020.

Hey guys, I have :

CRS - 410
NOC - 2175

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
Well, I don’t know if it’s mandatory or if there’s any law that forces you to live there. With that being said, I believe it is only fair to live in Ontario.

Technically, they paved the way for you to come to Canada because they need your skill. Taking that skill to another province that didn’t look your way isn’t right.

I believe you may even have a better chance of getting a job because your skills is highly-sought after in Ontario.

Those are my thoughts.

Question: if i got nomination for OINP should i live in ontario or i can settle in another province.

Reactions: SaitEff

amit374

Apr 26, 2015
Unfortunately 410 is not enough of a score to get a nomination from OINP. They usually invite profiles with an upwards range of 5-10 CRS points below the latest express entry draw. So having at least a score above 460 is needed to give your self a chance.

See if there is a way you can improve your CRS score- better IELTS score, more work exp (if you havnt had 3 yrs yet) or pursuing higher education etc.
I got Bachelors in Computer science with 2 years experience and CLB 9 in IELTS.
I am not sure how much I can improve on this score anymore

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
I got Bachelors in Computer science with 2 years experience and CLB 9 in IELTS.
I am not sure how much I can improve on this score anymore
Unless you have a sibling in Canada or get a job offer from a Canadian employer, it’s really difficult to get additional points.

Why not wait and extra year so that you have 3 years of work experience? That comes with bonus points. While waiting you can also learn French or do a short PGD that WES can evaluate?

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
hello everyone,

a friend shared his intension of applying for PR through the Ontario provincial nominee in-demand skills stream specifically for Truck driver (NOC 7511).

However, there are so many conflicting information online as to if he needs just a job offer or job offer and work experience.

Please i will really appreciate input on this from people that have applied under this category or if you know someone who did or you have general idea about this.

thank you

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
hello everyone,

a friend shared his intension of applying for PR through the Ontario provincial nominee in-demand skills stream specifically for Truck driver (NOC 7511).

However, there are so many conflicting information online as to if he needs just a job offer or job offer and work experience.

Please i will really appreciate input on this from people that have applied under this category or if you know someone who did or you have general idea about this.

thank you
From what I know, that might be the truth.

In-Demand Skills targets foreign nationals who have work experience in one of the province’s in-demand occupations, obtained within Ontario, and who possess a valid job offer from an Ontario employer.

You can send a message directly to the OINP. In my experience, their response is quite prompt.

Flicktrip

Feb 9, 2021
Hello All,
I’m new to the forum. I received a NOI via the EE pool (fsw) from OINP under the HCP on 12 November 2020. Submitted my application for the same on 17/12/2020. I had an ADR from them on 19 jan 2021 saying that my NOI letter was not uploaded on to the portal. I was flummoxed. The letter was already present & duly uploaded on to the portal. Anyhow, I wrote an e-mail to them & attached my NOI letter. They replied back saying my application is now being checked for completeness. My file status mentions “assessment in progress”.
I’m not sure how I can guesstimate the timeline for the actual nomination to come through since the stipulated 60 day period is nearing its end on 18th Feb.
Is it wishful thinking to be hoping for the nomination to come through within the timeline mentioned by OINP ? Any leads? Anybody else over here who got picked in the same 12th Nov HCP stream.?

meadow12

Jan 10, 2020
Hello All,
I’m new to the forum. I received a NOI via the EE pool (fsw) from OINP under the HCP on 12 November 2020. Submitted my application for the same on 17/12/2020. I had an ADR from them on 19 jan 2021 saying that my NOI letter was not uploaded on to the portal. I was flummoxed. The letter was already present & duly uploaded on to the portal. Anyhow, I wrote an e-mail to them & attached my NOI letter. They replied back saying my application is now being checked for completeness. My file status mentions “assessment in progress”.
I’m not sure how I can guesstimate the timeline for the actual nomination to come through since the stipulated 60 day period is nearing its end on 18th Feb.
Is it wishful thinking to be hoping for the nomination to come through within the timeline mentioned by OINP ? Any leads? Anybody else over here who got picked in the same 12th Nov HCP stream.?
I didn’t read this anywhere but judging from other people’s experiences, I’d say the processing time starts counting when they start processing your application.

In other words, the 30-60 days start counting down when your status changed from Submitted to Assessment.

This is not written anywhere but that is what I have observed.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I didn’t read this anywhere but judging from other people’s experiences, I’d say the processing time starts counting when they start processing your application.

In other words, the 30-60 days start counting down when your status changed from Submitted to Assessment.

This is not written anywhere but that is what I have observed.
Processing time mentioned on the OINP website starts from date of submission and not date of assessment, it totally depends on their workload. In June/July last year, they were processing applications within 30 days of submission, fastest I have seen was 2 weeks only, but when they gave out large number of invites and from August onward, they were taking 90 days to process the applications and now its 100+ days.