+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Mohammed Shakir

Jul 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I have submitted OINP under skilled trade stream, while filling my application i made one error which i realized just now. I submitted the profile with wrong NOC code for my perious job. Instead of 2232 i entered 7231 in the form, but my current job i entered correct NOC code which is 7231

How can i rectify this error, my status still shows submitted. How can i let them know about this, i there any email id where i can tell them what has happened

I submitted my profile on 18 july 2017

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

My sister just received nomination.

Timeline:
NOI: June 9 , 2017
Application Submitted : June 30 , 2017
Submitted Status : June 30 , 2017
Assessment : June 30 , 2017
Decision in Progress : July 14, 2017
Nomination : July 20 , 2017
Sibling in Ontario : Yes
NOC Code : 4021

I haven't been active on forum a lot but its really informative and use full for everyone in the process.
I have a quick question, for applying to CIC for PR file do we need to a physical copy of nomination which needs to be attached to PR File or not ?
Do they send a nomination certificate to people who get nomination ?

Thanks Everyone
Yes, Ontario will send the physical copy of nomination certificate..

There is no specific placeholder to upload your nomination certificate when you start uploading your docs for PR application.. you can add your nomination certificate as a part of Letter of Explanation (LoE).. i have read somewhere, CIC later may ask for it if you haven't provided it while submitting your PR application.. so safe way is to add it as a part of LoE in first place..

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
Thanks,

Is there any other way i can let them know about this
You can call them.. +14163272422.. skype call will work if you are from India.. as its free..

but I would also recommend that check with experts.. since your application is not moved to assessment stage.. you have a chance.. but do check with others.. also justify this change of noc in Letter of Explanation (LoE) so that they won't just feel misguided..

Reactions: Mohammed Shakir

Mohammed Shakir

Jul 20, 2017
You can call them.. +14163272422.. skype call will work if you are from India.. as its free..

but I would also recommend that check with experts.. since your application is not moved to assessment stage.. you have a chance.. but do check with others.. also justify this change of noc in Letter of Explanation (LoE) so that they won't just feel misguided..
So can i fill
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Change of Personal Information form and let them know about the mistake in profile

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
how long does it takes for them to pick up the call
Depends.. i tried reaching them 2-3 times.. during my application.. 2 times.. successful call may be 5-7mins.. at 1 time.. it was more than 10mins wait.. & it was dropped from their end saying they work monday to friday.. though i called them on friday..

Since it is around 3PM at their end..try now..

Hitokiri8384

Jul 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I hope someone can advise me. I was wondering whether I can proceed not to declare previous jobs that is not related to the NOC that I am claiming points for.

I currently have 8 years experience with ICT. This is my current job. I have all documents related to ICT. I have two previous jobs back in 2007-2008 that is totally not related to ICT. Both engineering jobs. Can you advise me whether i should just exclude this from my application? Which option is better?

Option A: include both jobs in my application and compose a letter of explanation that I was not able to get reference letters with job description. I was just able to Obtain standard letter without job description And tell them I am not claiming points for these previous jobs.

Option B: not include it on my application alltogether. However, they did state to include all paid jobs. i hope someone can enlighten me.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Yes, Ontario will send the physical copy of nomination certificate..

There is no specific placeholder to upload your nomination certificate when you start uploading your docs for PR application.. you can add your nomination certificate as a part of Letter of Explanation (LoE).. i have read somewhere, CIC later may ask for it if you haven't provided it while submitting your PR application.. so safe way is to add it as a part of LoE in first place..
Will we get to accept/decline nomination in EE profile to get additional 600 points or We have to update the form manually and select provincial nomination.

ITA_Seeker

Jun 17, 2017
Well my brother is in same situation and he used his bachelors for the crs calculation. he has 58/67 crs score 423.
so he got a mail to say he wasn't qualified for express entry despite the fact that he had above 400 but did not meet the min requirement for the program. I really don't know what exactly is the problem, probably hes too young or needs more work experience.
So he created a dummy account using masters degree, and added more year work exp and he met the min requirement.( so he's personally working to gain more work exp for another yr and doing his masters prog
If you don't get a response from someone that such has happened to on this forum, i will advise u contact an experienced immigration lawyer or send an inquiry letter to cic.
Hi. You can check the criteria breakdown in the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Then you'll know why you didn't reach the minimum points. Good luck

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Will we get to accept/decline nomination in EE profile to get additional 600 points or We have to update the form manually and select provincial nomination.

If your application is successful, the OINP will enter the details of your nomination into IRCC’s Express Entry system and you will receive a notification of your nomination through your IRCC online account. This notification will explain the next steps for accepting or refusing the nomination. 1. After OINP adds your nomination information to your Express Entry profile, you will have 30 calendar days to accept the nomination in the Express Entry system. With the additional 600 points awarded for a nomination, you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residency from IRCC through your IRCC online account. 2. Once you receive an Invitation to Apply from IRCC, you will have 90 calendar days to submit your application for permanent residence to IRCC.

Note: Nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC. Applications for permanent resident status must meet all of the eligibility criteria as defined by IRCC, and it is the nominee’s responsibility to ensure that the information provided at profile creation for the Express Entry pool and in the nominee application submitted to OINP is consistent at the time of application for permanent residence submission to IRCC.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf