+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
Hello Members,

As a visa officer, would you say my roles and responsibilities matches with NOC 2281? Let me know your suggestions. :)

Main duties as per CIC:
  • Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
  • Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
  • Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
  • Provide problem-solving services to network users
  • Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
  • Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
  • Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
  • Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
  • Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
  • Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
  • Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
  • May supervise other workers in this group.
My roles and responsibilities mentioned in the affidavit:

• Administration of the services related to the servers using Server Console.
  • Monitoring the servers and network devices using console and provide first hand resolution when issue arises.
  • Administration of file transfer application such as Axway & Seeburger thereby creating accounts for users to access the application.
  • Creating of the secure network in the client server for the transfer of encrypted files.
  • Analyze the client infrastructure and assign a specific network protocol (FTP/SFTP) for the users to access the application server.
  • Scheduling servers in maintenance mode for performing Server patches.
  • Implementing Server patches upon approved change request across all Windows server.
  • Creation of the Virtual server machine according to client needs and provision the system to the business environment.
  • Conversion of Physical server to Virtual server and vice-Versa
  • Managing server hardware such as CPU's , RAM's and Hard disk and implement the change based on client request.
  • Managing the data stores across the clustered servers.
  • Taking backup of system data using backup tool, restore files based on client requests and adding the backup tool client to the server.
  • Provided Knowledge transition to new recruits and lead the team of 9 people as per project requirements.
i have got the same Job description and i did Bachelors in Computer Engineering so i selected my NOC as 2147 for last 2 years of my job and 2281 for the first two
i have been working with the same company for 4 years now

but did you write your job responsibilities on Affidavit yourself and submitted it ? i am afraid i didnot do that :(

umang18

Dec 1, 2016
You need to score 67/100 in FSW/CEC in order to qualify for Express Entry. You will get additional points for canadian study as well. All the best
Thanks for your quick reply.
My current score is only 63, but my confusion is if I get a PNP what will happen? As my CRS is above 400

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for replying. Yea I have added my Canadian studies, but in FSW points I'm failing short of 67. This is really confusing
Well my brother is in same situation and he used his bachelors for the crs calculation. he has 58/67 crs score 423.
so he got a mail to say he wasn't qualified for express entry despite the fact that he had above 400 but did not meet the min requirement for the program. I really don't know what exactly is the problem, probably hes too young or needs more work experience.
So he created a dummy account using masters degree, and added more year work exp and he met the min requirement.( so he's personally working to gain more work exp for another yr and doing his masters prog
If you don't get a response from someone that such has happened to on this forum, i will advise u contact an experienced immigration lawyer or send an inquiry letter to cic.

Reactions: mqamar1994

Chintan2711

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi. For getting Ontario invite is it necessary to specifically chose Ontario in profile or is it ok if I select all provinces?? I have recreated my profile today and expecting an invite maybe by tomorrow because Ontario normally sends invites on Fridays as I believe. It is a bit urgent please.

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

My sister just received nomination.

Timeline:
NOI: June 9 , 2017
Application Submitted : June 30 , 2017
Submitted Status : June 30 , 2017
Assessment : June 30 , 2017
Decision in Progress : July 14, 2017
Nomination : July 20 , 2017
Sibling in Ontario : Yes
NOC Code : 4021

I haven't been active on forum a lot but its really informative and use full for everyone in the process.
I have a quick question, for applying to CIC for PR file do we need to a physical copy of nomination which needs to be attached to PR File or not ?
Do they send a nomination certificate to people who get nomination ?

Thanks Everyone

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hi. For getting Ontario invite is it necessary to specifically chose Ontario in profile or is it ok if I select all provinces?? I have recreated my profile today and expecting an invite maybe by tomorrow because Ontario normally sends invites on Fridays as I believe. It is a bit urgent please.
I created my profile with all province selected and got NOI on june 23rd. I don't think its a mandate to select Ontario. When you select all province there comes a point in the profile where you have to agree to send the information to BC and ON province. If you did that you should be good and get NOI. Good Luck!!!

Chintan2711

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi.
I created my profile with all province selected and got NOI on june 23rd. I don't think its a mandate to select Ontario. When you select all province there comes a point in the profile where you have to agree to send the information to BC and ON province. If you did that you should be good and get NOI. Good Luck!!!
Thanks. But on selecting all provinces only authorisation for British Columbia is asked and not for Ontario.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Thanks for your quick reply.
My current score is only 63, but my confusion is if I get a PNP what will happen? As my CRS is above 400
I am afraid you donot qualify. You cannot submit an express entry profile without having 67/100