+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi All,
My passport is valid for 1 year 8 months but as per conditions to apply for OINP, it should be minimum valid for 2 years. They have mentioned if you can't renew then give proof.

As per govt.
Hello Members,

What does Ontario do during Assessment and how long does it take?. Do they do the verifications during this stage?. I submitted my profile on 29th June under NOC 2172 and have been in assessment since that day itself. The status changed from Submitted to Assessment in an hour. Since then i haven't received any email from Ontario requesting any missing/extra documents. WES report has also been e-delivered to Ontario.

Looking to hear back from senior members. @BillHyatt @Wandering Mind

Regards,
Prateek
Hi Prateek, Bill has a better understanding of this than I do. My personal experience was:

After I paid the fees and submitted my application it took 2 days for my status to change to Submitted. Another week to change to Assessment, 3 days to Decision in Progress and 23 days to Nominated!

Good luck to you.

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
Hello Members,

What does Ontario do during Assessment and how long does it take?.

Do they do the verifications during this stage?. I submitted my profile on 29th June under NOC 2172 and have been in assessment since that day itself. The status changed from Submitted to Assessment in an hour. Since then i haven't received any email from Ontario requesting any missing/extra documents. WES report has also been e-delivered to Ontario.

Regards,
Prateek
they cross check whatever you have submitted is as per requirement...& they have their own way of doing it..
again.. there is no fixed time for it to move to next stage

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
My total work experience is 12 years however in the OINP application, I mentioned experience only for the last 10 years(as they asked for it). Should my express entry application state 10 or 12 years of work history. Should the express entry work history be in sync with OINP application.
Relax, do not overthink. EE profile would have been created way before OINP. It just asks to enter your work experiences. It just happens that OINP wants the one for last 10 years. Yes, it is one's prerogative not wanting to add experience to EE profile, but why would one do so?

Kewlguy

Jun 21, 2017
Hello Members,

What does Ontario do during Assessment and how long does it take?. Do they do the verifications during this stage?. I submitted my profile on 29th June under NOC 2172 and have been in assessment since that day itself. The status changed from Submitted to Assessment in an hour. Since then i haven't received any email from Ontario requesting any missing/extra documents. WES report has also been e-delivered to Ontario.

Regards,
Prateek
Does Ontario require a WES evaluation copy to be mailed to them? On their website I could see this update on Jan 2016. I assume many things have changed post that and they would be able to electronically view the ECA information? Also, there is no mention of this while uploading the documents. Can anyone please comment?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Members,

Regards,
Prateek
In Assessment an officer will review your file and assure that all documents are attached and meet the OINP requirements. Then it is transferred to Senior Immigration Officer for Final Review (Decision in Progress) and then the in charge officer makes the Final Decision.

Assessment and Decision in Progress usually take 7-10 Days. However, it may differ for some candidates depending on a number of documents submitted and how easily it can be verified.

I hope this will help. Good Luck!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
In Assessment an officer will review your file and assure that all documents are attached and meet the OINP requirements. Then it is transferred to Senior Immigration Officer for Final Review (Decision in Progress) and then the in charge officer makes the Final Decision.

Assessment and Decision in Progress usually take 7-10 Days. However, it may differ for some candidates depending on a number of documents submitted and how easily it can be verified.

I hope this will help. Good Luck!
Do you have any idea if they call employers (present and past)?

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hello Members,

Regards,
Prateek
I have submitted on July 1. My application is still in Assessment Stage. I have a feeling that maybe our applications will be processed after this draw tomorrow.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I have submitted on July 1. My application is still in Assessment Stage. I have a feeling that maybe our applications will be processed after this draw tomorrow.
At least you are in assessment. My application is still submitted since 6th July.:-(

ladros

Jul 11, 2017
Hello everyone.
I've submitted an application to HCS on July 5th. Today I find out that I attached online pdf version of WES report instead of printed hard copy. Is it really matter? Can it be the reason to claim my application incomplete?
The status of my application is still "submitted", no changes yet. Is it ok?

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hello everyone.
I've submitted an application to HCS on July 5th. Today I find out that I attached online pdf version of WES report instead of printed hard copy. Is it really matter? Can it be the reason to claim my application incomplete?
The status of my application is still "submitted", no changes yet. Is it ok?
Mine is submitted too since 6th July. WHat is your NOC?

As per nominated candidates in June 2017, OINP will ask you any incomplete/missing documents before assessing your application. So do not worry. They will ask you if they need original hard copy scan of the WES report.

ladros

Jul 11, 2017
Mine is submitted too since 6th July. WHat is your NOC?

As per nominated candidates in June 2017, OINP will ask you any incomplete/missing documents before assessing your application. So do not worry. They will ask you if they need original hard copy scan of the WES report.
Hope so! My NOC is 2241, EE 366
Are you sure that OINP could ask to provide additional documents?

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Do you have any idea if they call employers (present and past)?
Usually not. They will do some of the following checks using their reliable search engines.

1. Check if email/website/social media page provided is real or shows company name when putting in google etc.
2. Search the phone directory to ensure contact details are true.
3. Verify Company Name is registered with the national government.
4. Verify that Company is physically located in an area where other companies are also registered (through Google Maps usually).

I haven't seen any case to date where they physically visited the company or contacted employers directly. However, I know cases from CIC where they rejected because they couldn't trace company (some companies were registered in Residential Areas especially in owners house). In another case, they called an applicant for an interview to re-assure that experience was actually performed. So, I don't think they contact employers outside Canada.

I hope this will help.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
At least you are in assessment. My application is still submitted since 6th July.:-(
Dont worry mate, it will change in a few days :)