+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

ITA_Seeker

Jun 17, 2017
hi sorry for the late reply

as i already paid 1500 CAD i want to make use of it~
and in case something goes wrong with my EE application this 600 points would be a back up

btw i really got such letter yesterday asking me to reject my ITA

they said my EE profile is no longer visible
plus i have to fix my employment letter

and my status went to awaiting information.

now my concern became that if i reject ITA and not get OINP nomination either, what should i do!?
Hi, jessicita.

Yes, 1,500 dollars is a lot of money, but I wouldn't think as it was wasted. I'd rather see it as something I've paid not wanting to make use, like a car insurance, for instance. I don't think anyone intentionally damages his/her own car just to make use of the money spent on insurance, right? Moreover, if you accept Ontario's nomination, you'll be bounded to live in Ontario (at least, for some time), while with the direct ITA you can live anywhere in Canada.

I'm not sure about what you meant with "in case something goes wrong with my EE application," because you'll face the same requirements to receive the permanent residency, whether or not you're a nominee. Once you apply, it makes no difference if your CRS is 415 or 1,015.

Finally, you've already realized that you'd be taking some sort of risk by rejecting the ITA you already have just to receive the nomination that, all in all, will give you nothing but another ITA.

So, if I was in your situation, I'd forget about OINP and move on with the direct ITA, gathering all required documents and asking a professional to review them before sending to CIC. Anyway, this is only my opinion. Wish you the best.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi, jessicita.

Yes, 1,500 dollars is a lot of money, but I wouldn't think as it was wasted. I'd rather see it as something I've paid not wanting to make use, like a car insurance, for instance. I don't think anyone intentionally damages his/her own car just to make use of the money spent on insurance, right? Moreover, if you accept Ontario's nomination, you'll be bounded to live in Ontario (at least, for some time), while with the direct ITA you can live anywhere in Canada.

I'm not sure about what you meant with "in case something goes wrong with my EE application," because you'll face the same requirements to receive the permanent residency, whether or not you're a nominee. Once you apply, it makes no difference if your CRS is 415 or 1,015.

Finally, you've already realized that you'd be taking some sort of risk by rejecting the ITA you already have just to receive the nomination that, all in all, will give you nothing but another ITA.

So, if I was in your situation, I'd forget about OINP and move on with the direct ITA, gathering all required documents and asking a professional to review them before sending to CIC. Anyway, this is only my opinion. Wish you the best.
Someone did post claiming that processing time (post ITA) with nomination is less than otherwise. They claimed the difference to be 1 month or so. I'm not sure about this though.

Jun 13, 2017
Hey guys!

My OPNP was declined, so now I'm thinking about doing the sponsorship,
And also when I submit my OPNP, I did a draft to pay for the fee$1500.00, it hasn't been cashed yet, can I cancel the draft and get the money back?
will my OPNP rejection affect my other application?

Really appreciate your help!!

Live life

May 6, 2017
Hey guys!

And also when I submit my OPNP, I did a draft to pay for the fee$1500.00, it hasn't been cashed yet, can I cancel the draft and get the money back?

You mean that your Ontario nomination application has been rejected? Very rare to hear a rejection

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
In case you don't have a birth Certificate, you can provide the most authentic source of your birth of birth. For Indians, this can be their High School Pass Certificate which has DOB written on it.

I also had the same issue and what I did was following:
  1. Submitted original scan of High School Certificate
  2. Self Affidavit stating my DOB, absence of Birth Certifcate with reason, and that my National ID and Passport are the authentic source of Birth Certificate
  3. Affidavit by parents stating your relationship, your DOB, and why they don't have the Birth Certificate.
In my case it worked and I got nominated. Hopefully this should work for you as well.

Thank you

muraleekrishnan

Jun 13, 2017
CRS: 406
NOC: 2174
NOI received: June 02, 2017
OINP applied: June 27, 2017

Thanks all for your help and support especially to those who quickly answered all my queries.

ITA_Seeker

Jun 17, 2017
Someone did post claiming that processing time (post ITA) with nomination is less than otherwise. They claimed the difference to be 1 month or so. I'm not sure about this though.
Hi, Samoinp.

Processing times are not exactly the same for everyone, whether or not you're a nominee. The processing times announced represent the average time of 80% of all processes, so I don't think we should pay attention to this difference.

Anyway, if you add up the time one would be waiting for OINP's nomination (after declining the direct ITA) with the time waiting for the next EE draw (which is NOT guaranteed to be every 2 weeks), you'd be very close to a month already. And I'm not even considering the time this person spent wondering if declining the ITA is the best option!

Besides, we must always remember that being a nominee reduces our options once we arrive here, since we must live in the province at least for some years. I believe that the possibility of a one-month shorter processing time is not worth it.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

What was the reason behind the rejection, if you dont mind sharing? Did you apply under the HCP stream?

Shyam48

Star Member
May 6, 2017
Hey guys!

How can you pay 1500 CAD by draft, usually the payment is done by Credit Card. What procedure are you following and what are you trying to do?
Explain in detail.

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
First of all,

Thank you so much everyone..your questions/answers have been a great help to me

Got Nomination from Ontario.. Accepted It in EE.. Score is also updated immediately..

Excited about the next big step.. ITA..

OINP TimeLines for Me

NOI : 12/05/2017
AOR : 16/06/2017
ASSESSMENT : 21/06/2017
DIP : 23/06/2017
APPROVED : 27/06/2017

NOC: 2171

Wish you all the best for your nomination & ITA journey..

Any question pertaining to OINP application, i will try my best to answer based on my OINP experience :)

CooperStation

Last edited:

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
I have received Nomination yesterday.

NOI Received- 2nd June
File submitted: 20th June
Assessment:- 21st June
Awaiting Information:- 23rd June
DIP:- 26th June
Nomination: 26th June

NOC:- 0822

All the best to all of you who're waiting for Nomination. :):)
You got nomination and dip the same day?

Reactions: yemo

rebello

Jun 23, 2017
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
03-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Med's Done....
03-07-2017
@BillHyatt
Hi Bill,
Hope you are well, as part of the e-filling I am required to provide details of relatives that are Permanent Residents within the country.
What options do i have if a family member is not willing to provide the required documents?