+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
@bill and Wandering mind

I called up ONtario today and waited for more than 30 mins but no one coming on line. So today I once again made payment and got acknowledgement and also status shows application submitted. I think because earlier payment was made on 5th when their systems were under maintenance the application was showing pending. I will ask my bank tocancel the earlier payment since Ontario have still not claimed the money
Feeling very much releaved now thank to all.:)
Glad to know your troubles are over. Best of luck. Hope you get a nomination soon.

My status is Decision in Progress. Hopefully I'll hear some good news next week.

Reactions: Allizwell9

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me because I am freaking out (always).

I got my invitation from Ontario on the 26th of May. I read the guy and I got confused by this:
"After you receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your IRCC online account, you have 6 months to submit your application to the OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. If the deadline to submit the application falls on a weekend or a statutory holiday, the deadline to submit the application will be extended to the next working (business) day.

To apply, you must submit your application online through the OINP e-Filing Portal within 14 calendar days of registering your profile and ensure that you include all the required supporting documents (see Appendix 5). o All applicants must indicate which federal immigration program requirements they wish to be assessed against: FSWP or CEC."

The first part talks about 6 months and the second, 2 weeks. I worried that it was 2 weeks and around the 3rd/4th of June, I created my profile and so far I have attached the documents I have but I am still chasing people up for documents and one letter even came back with the wrong date. I haven't lodged or paid so my questions are:
- Do I still have 6 months to lodge my application?
- Because I already created the profile in the e-filling system on the 3rd/4th, I am doomed and must lodge and pay this coming Sunday the 18th?
- What if I can't get all the documents by the 18th and I must lodge? Can I attach documents afterwards? Would they contact me requesting further information or would they refuse? CAD$1500.00 is a lot of money!
- If I let this invitation expire for this round, is it possible to get another one again from Ontario? Would I have to wait 6 months?

I know this is my mistake but I would like to hear from someone more knowledgable that me. Thanks for reading my hundred questions.

Ana.

Live life

May 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me because I am freaking out (always).

I got my invitation from Ontario on the 26th of May. I read the guy and I got confused by this:
"After you receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your IRCC online account, you have 6 months to submit your application to the OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. If the deadline to submit the application falls on a weekend or a statutory holiday, the deadline to submit the application will be extended to the next working (business) day.

To apply, you must submit your application online through the OINP e-Filing Portal within 14 calendar days of registering your profile and ensure that you include all the required supporting documents (see Appendix 5). o All applicants must indicate which federal immigration program requirements they wish to be assessed against: FSWP or CEC."

The first part talks about 6 months and the second, 2 weeks. I worried that it was 2 weeks and around the 3rd/4th of June, I created my profile and so far I have attached the documents I have but I am still chasing people up for documents and one letter even came back with the wrong date. I haven't lodged or paid so my questions are:
- Do I still have 6 months to lodge my application?
- Because I already created the profile in the e-filling system on the 3rd/4th, I am doomed and must lodge and pay this coming Sunday the 18th?
- What if I can't get all the documents by the 18th and I must lodge? Can I attach documents afterwards? Would they contact me requesting further information or would they refuse? CAD$1500.00 is a lot of money!
- If I let this invitation expire for this round, is it possible to get another one again from Ontario? Would I have to wait 6 months?

I know this is my mistake but I would like to hear from someone more knowledgable that me. Thanks for reading my hundred questions.

Ana.
Noi is valid for 6 months which means that you can submit the application anytime within the next 6 months. However once you register your profile on OINP portal
(Which is the first step in submitting application) you need to complete and submit the application within 14 days.

Hope this is clear

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Just a tip for folks applying for OINP from USA. If you are confident of getting a nomination, go ahead and start FBI PCC.

Current processing time is 8-10 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.

I can't submit my ITA just because of this delay. They haven't even debited my credit card and it has already been 2 weeks for me.

Reactions: senthilpriya

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Congratulations! That was fast!

My status is Decision in Progress since June 10.
Thanks. Even for me One-key showed as Decision in Progress... But the nomination showed up in Express entry profile...

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Noi is valid for 6 months which means that you can submit the application anytime within the next 6 months. However once you register your profile on OINP portal
(Which is the first step in submitting application) you need to complete and submit the application within 14 days.

Hope this is clear
Thanks, Live Life.

So to make it clear, I have to submit by no later than this Sunday because I created my profile 2 weeks ago. Bummer! :(

What happens if I don't have all the documents?
And what if I decide to withdraw this one? Can I get a second invitation?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf
Page no: 9 in this document states that you need to maintain the points till the entire process

What I could make out from point no.4 of application guide is that oinp locks in the age at the time of NOI and IRCC locks in at the time of ITA.
Pls clarify this doubt further if anyone could...

4. Age
A maximum of 12 points may be awarded based on your age on the day when your
application for permanent residence is received by IRCC.
Note: The OINP locks in your age on the date that your Notification of Interest
(NOI) from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your
age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to
Apply.

Live life

May 6, 2017
Thanks, Live Life.

So to make it clear, I have to submit by no later than this Sunday because I created my profile 2 weeks ago. Bummer! :(

What happens if I don't have all the documents?
And what if I decide to withdraw this one? Can I get a second invitation?

Thanks.
It is not linked to creation of Ee profile. 14 days start from the day you register your profile on the OINP portal

ok3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
Did anyone receive the WES refund back in your credit card!
Yes, I got a refund yesterday.
You need to send an email requesting the refund.