+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Don't worry I think most of the candidates in this forum has now crossed 60 days time. So, it is very unlikely that your application is delayed due to this. OINP have clearly stated that this delay is due to backlogs.
Hi,
Been reading thru this forum for a long time and I must say the encouragement given by fellow members is really what keeps me going. I'm sailing in the same boat, waiting for nomination for over 60 days.

Wanted to ask you something Bill, but first wana thank u for sharing all valuable information, helping members with their issues and the encouragement, really appreciate your unconditional support.

OINP is saying there are backlogs due to which nominations are pending but it doesn't make much sense, they haven't issued any nomination since last 20 days or more, if they have a lot of applications shouldn't they be issuing nominations one by one and clearing off their backlog.

U mentioned last Friday that OINP has committed to issue many nominations between Friday and Wednesday, but till now haven't seen any!

What do you feel is the real reason for their slowdown??

Are they going to defer these nominations to next year coz they've already filled their quota for HCP stream ? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: PurvangB

jkriek123

Oct 3, 2017
Hi All,

I've been following the threads for a while and a bit frustrated with the OINP delays - I'm at 82 days. My timeline:

CRS 410, NOC 2161, Applied 13 July 2017, DIP, 22 August 2017 (a couple of ADRs inbetween including WES ECA)

I received a PFL on 22 September asking for proof of work experience in NOC 2131 which is different to the NOC on my application. I replied on 26 September with a letter stating that the NOC in the PFL differs from my application and provided further evidence of work experience in NOC code 2161. My status still shows 'awaiting information' but I did get an AOR yesterday after calling OINP. A couple of questions:

1) Has anyone else had a PFL where the NOC stated differs from their application?
2) Any idea how long it will take OINP to review documentation submitted following a PFL?

Thank you!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hardly any HCP Nominations since last week ?
Any idea guys on what might be the reason for no nominations ?
@BillHyatt - Inputs please!
OINP may update us next week about this however I don't see any reason why they can't send nominations.

A possibility is present that there is no draw this week and they know that so avoiding nominations. Another possibility is that IRCC may have asked them not sent nominations until this date.

These are few justification that we can make but reality is there is no valid point in making candidate wait for so long. OINP should have either stoped new registrations earlier or should let candidates know that by when they should expect Nominations.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi,
Been reading thru this forum for a long time and I must say the encouragement given by fellow members is really what keeps me going. I'm sailing in the same boat, waiting for nomination for over 60 days.

Wanted to ask you something Bill, but first wana thank u for sharing all valuable information, helping members with their issues and the encouragement, really appreciate your unconditional support.

OINP is saying there are backlogs due to which nominations are pending but it doesn't make much sense, they haven't issued any nomination since last 20 days or more, if they have a lot of applications shouldn't they be issuing nominations one by one and clearing off their backlog.

U mentioned last Friday that OINP has committed to issue many nominations between Friday and Wednesday, but till now haven't seen any!

What do you feel is the real reason for their slowdown??

Are they going to defer these nominations to next year coz they've already filled their quota for HCP stream ? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
I can't say exactly why they are not sending any nominations however I think they are forced by IRCC to slow down process to help CIO-Sydney manage PNP applications.

Reactions: JingleBells

PurvangB

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
OINP may update us next week about this however I don't see any reason why they can't send nominations.

A possibility is present that there is no draw this week and they know that so avoiding nominations. Another possibility is that IRCC may have asked them not sent nominations until this date.

These are few justification that we can make but reality is there is no valid point in making candidate wait for so long. OINP should have either stoped new registrations earlier or should let candidates know that by when they should expect Nominations.
Thank You @BillHyatt you are a legend!

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
What is CIO - Sydney ?
The EE applications post ITA ( in our case post nomination and then post ita ) are processed by IRCC at their CIO office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Maybe they have a backlog there with direct ita applications and pnp applications and have thus instructed PNPs to delay further nominations. I think that's what Bill was trying to explain that the backlog may not be so much at OINP but at IRCC with post ITA applications.

PurvangB

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
The EE applications post ITA ( in our case post nomination and then post ita ) are processed by IRCC at their CIO office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Maybe they have a backlog there with direct ita applications and pnp applications and have thus instructed PNPs to delay further nominations. I think that's what Bill was trying to explain that the backlog may not be so much at OINP but at IRCC with post ITA applications.
Ok makes sense!
Thanks for the clarification :)