+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Lhee

Jul 4, 2017
Hi, do i need to maintain CRS 400 through out the oinp application? My CRS is 403 but will become 399 after Nov because of my birthday.

Can someone answer my question. TIA!

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi, do i need to maintain CRS 400 through out the oinp application? My CRS is 403 but will become 399 after Nov because of my birthday.

Unfortunately you have to keep minimum score of 400 the whole period.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Total ITA issued so far in 2017 are 69420 and Target ITA's are 73700 so more than 4000 ITA's are still pending hopefully we will get the nomination before that.
Best of luck
The total which you have mentioned is for issued ITAs. There may be rejections also. So there will be more numbers to reach target.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello friends,
A total of 69437 ITA,s would have been issued after this 72nd draw which was held today. The total target of express entry for 2017 is 71700. As per this calculation the remaining quota is 2263 ITA’s only. It will surely be filled up in the next draw. Will the next draw be the last draw of 2017 ?.

My OINP application under FSW category is in DIP stage. If I get nominated after the next draw which will be the last draw of 2017, will my nomination be valid for 2018 or will they conduct another draw for nominated candidates only.

I shall highly appreciate if somebody may kindly clarify me on this.
The total which you have mentioned is for issued ITAs. There may be rejections also. So there will be more numbers to reach target.

arsghimire

Star Member
May 30, 2017

if u have already submitted the application then u dont need to worry. i have similar case as urs i lose 6 points for my age on sep 15 making my crs below 400. i wrote them regarding this and they replied me as below:

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You may lose points under the Comprehensive Ranking System and the Federal Skilled Worker grid if you have a birthday between the time you receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is made on your application. However, you will not be disqualified for nomination on that basis.

The OINP locks in your age on the date that your NOI from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to Apply.

Please note that you must remain eligible for Express Entry throughout the application process. If you become ineligible for Express Entry because of a change in age, the OINP will not be able to nominate you.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Lhee

Jul 4, 2017
if u have already submitted the application then u dont need to worry. i have similar case as urs i lose 6 points for my age on sep 15 making my crs below 400. i wrote them regarding this and they replied me as below:

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You may lose points under the Comprehensive Ranking System and the Federal Skilled Worker grid if you have a birthday between the time you receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is made on your application. However, you will not be disqualified for nomination on that basis.

The OINP locks in your age on the date that your NOI from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to Apply.

Please note that you must remain eligible for Express Entry throughout the application process. If you become ineligible for Express Entry because of a change in age, the OINP will not be able to nominate you.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,
Yes, i have submitted my application but haven't receive NOI yet since OINP is currently on paused intake. So meaning if oinp will re-open this Oct i have a bit chance. Thank you so much.. :)

ratnakar78

Aug 29, 2017
Hello All, Can somebody post information about the eligibility of getting OINP nomination for Job Code 2173.
1) What is minimum CRS score and IELTS score requires ?
2) how many points gets added in CRS score if I will get job offer?

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Hello friends,
A total of 69437 ITA,s would have been issued after this 72nd draw which was held today. The total target of express entry for 2017 is 71700. As per this calculation the remaining quota is 2263 ITA’s only. It will surely be filled up in the next draw. Will the next draw be the last draw of 2017 ?.

My OINP application under FSW category is in DIP stage. If I get nominated after the next draw which will be the last draw of 2017, will my nomination be valid for 2018 or will they conduct another draw for nominated candidates only.

I shall highly appreciate if somebody may kindly clarify me on this.
A few clarifications:

An ITA doesn´t equal a PR application, a PR application doesn´t equal an immigrant.

One who receives an ITA may have not done an application, and even if has done an application, may be rejected. 2016 rejection numbers were around 6% (a great decrease from 2015, which almost hit the 20%-ish).

The exact ITA number is 69440 as up to date, but this includes all Express Entry invitations, namely FSW, FST, CEC and PNP.

However, the immigration levels for 2017 are the following:

FSW, FST, CEC and Atlantic Pilot: 73700. Atlantic Pilot is 2000, so that makes the target 71700, high 75300.
PNP: 51000 target, high 54000.

Total sum of both: 122700, high 131300.

Even if we consider that only half of PNPs are drawn through Express Entry, the global sum of Economic Classes + PNPs will be 97200 (high 102300) immigrants. And I´m being pessimistic on this end, since ON and NS draw 100% of their PNPs from EE and BC draws about half of their candidates using EE (they have their own system but candidates must have an EE profile, and they send the nomination to EE).

IRCC has been doing a good job keeping the draws balanced throughout the year. They wouldn´t drain their quota prior to the end of the year. Actually, if you look past draws closely, in the 2nd semester of 2016, precisely last quarter, the ITA per draw quota started to boost until today´s numbers. The quota has diminshed since june 6 for two reasons: they don´t have to send an ITA to all candidates with the exact cutoff score (now that there is the profile creation tiebreaker), and exactly because they don´t want to blow the annual quota.

This means we still have around 20-30k ITAs to burn this year, and will hopefully see the CRS cutoff slowly diminish if they keep the 2 week per draw/2700-3000 ITA per draw ratio.

Good luck for everyone!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp

Reactions: Canbainaus Mithu

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
A few clarifications:

An ITA doesn´t equal a PR application, a PR application doesn´t equal an immigrant.

One who receives an ITA may have not done an application, and even if has done an application, may be rejected. 2016 rejection numbers were around 6% (a great decrease from 2015, which almost hit the 20%-ish).

The exact ITA number is 69440 as up to date, but this includes all Express Entry invitations, namely FSW, FST, CEC and PNP.

However, the immigration levels for 2017 are the following:

FSW, FST, CEC and Atlantic Pilot: 73700. Atlantic Pilot is 2000, so that makes the target 71700, high 75300.
PNP: 51000 target, high 54000.

Total sum of both: 122700, high 131300.

Even if we consider that only half of PNPs are drawn through Express Entry, the global sum of Economic Classes + PNPs will be 97200 (high 102300) immigrants. And I´m being pessimistic on this end, since ON and NS draw 100% of their PNPs from EE and BC draws about half of their candidates using EE (they have their own system but candidates must have an EE profile, and they send the nomination to EE).

IRCC has been doing a good job keeping the draws balanced throughout the year. They wouldn´t drain their quota prior to the end of the year. Actually, if you look past draws closely, in the 2nd semester of 2016, precisely last quarter, the ITA per draw quota started to boost until today´s numbers. The quota has diminshed since june 6 for two reasons: they don´t have to send an ITA to all candidates with the exact cutoff score (now that there is the profile creation tiebreaker), and exactly because they don´t want to blow the annual quota.

This means we still have around 20-30k ITAs to burn this year, and will hopefully see the CRS cutoff slowly diminish if they keep the 2 week per draw/2700-3000 ITA per draw ratio.

Good luck for everyone!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp
Indeed thanks a lot for giving me a well explained detailed reply.

From this what I understand is that EE regular draws will continue till December 2017 until quota of 97200 ITA approx is exhausted. And there are 20-30K ITA still left to be issued in this year.

My question is -

As I have applied under FSW category, will this figure of 97200 include FSW applicants also.I mean will I be included in the forthcoming draws of this year if I am nominated being a FSW applicant.

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Indeed thanks a lot for giving me a well explained detailed reply.

From this what I understand is that EE regular draws will continue till December 2017 until quota of 97200 ITA approx is exhausted. And there are 20-30K ITA still left to be issued in this year.

My question is -

As I have applied under FSW category, will this figure of 97200 include FSW applicants also.I mean will I be included in the forthcoming draws of this year if I am nominated being a FSW applicant.
Unless stated otherwise by IRCC in a draw, every draw includes FSW, FST, CEC and PNP applicants, regardless of their CRS score, as long as they are within the draw's cutoff.

IRCC has done only three stream specific draws in their entire EE history: one PNP-only draw in 2016 and two simultaneous draws in 2017, one PNP-only and one FST-only.

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Unless stated otherwise by IRCC in a draw, every draw includes FSW, FST, CEC and PNP applicants, regardless of their CRS score, as long as they are within the draw's cutoff.

IRCC has done only three stream specific draws in their entire EE history: one PNP-only draw in 2016 and two simultaneous draws in 2017, one PNP-only and one FST-only.
Thanks, it is clear to me now. My confusion in my case was as below.

1. I have a CRS score of 434 which contains 15 sibling points also. I got an ITA on 9th Aug, 2017 draw where cut off was 433.

2. I had also applied for OINP on 29th July, 2017 whereby my application is in DIP stage since 21 Aug, 2017.

3. I have neither declined ITA nor withdrawn OINP application so far.

4. I wish to decline this ITA of 9th August only when I receive the OINP nomination. My apprehension was that by the time I get nominated all the total quota of 71700 for this year would have been expired by then.

5. My reason for not availing this ITA is that I still have doubt on the legality of my obtaining the 15 sibling points which I had obtained by updating the profile earlier before the draw but after the date of creation of my EE profile. However the seniors here on this forum after knowing my facts had advised me that my obtaining sibling points was OK.

6. Now, when I know that the draws will continue till December, I am expecting that OINP will send me a Procedural Fairness letter asking me to decline ITA before being nominated. I do not want to take any risk however small it may be.

7. Kindly advise me if you feel there is any risk involved in my decision of taking the OINP route by declining the ITA.

Thanks once again for your help in making my decision.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Thanks, it is clear to me now. My confusion in my case was as below.

1. I have a CRS score of 434 which contains 15 sibling points also. I got an ITA on 9th Aug, 2017 draw where cut off was 433.

2. I had also applied for OINP on 29th July, 2017 whereby my application is in DIP stage since 21 Aug, 2017.

3. I have neither declined ITA nor withdrawn OINP application so far.

4. I wish to decline this ITA of 9th August only when I receive the OINP nomination. My apprehension was that by the time I get nominated all the total quota of 71700 for this year would have been expired by then.

5. My reason for not availing this ITA is that I still have doubt on the legality of my obtaining the 15 sibling points which I had obtained by updating the profile earlier before the draw but after the date of creation of my EE profile. However the seniors here on this forum after knowing my facts had advised me that my obtaining sibling points was OK.

6. Now, when I know that the draws will continue till December, I am expecting that OINP will send me a Procedural Fairness letter asking me to decline ITA before being nominated. I do not want to take any risk however small it may be.

7. Kindly advise me if you feel there is any risk involved in my decision of taking the OINP route by declining the ITA.

Thanks once again for your help in making my decision.
I wouldn't say risk but if i were you i would consider the recent timeline for post ITA. Best cases of FSW is approved between 3 - 5 weeks. PNP is taking a longer time (4-6 months). It is a small sample size but gives a good idea of the trend. Also note that there seem to be some exceptions in either case. So one can never be sure.

Besides, direct ITA gives you freedom to be anywhere in Canada and not just Ontario.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/average-time-to-a-ppr-based-on-the-stream

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission-2

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/pnp-outland-e-apr-tracker/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission-4

Raj_Bangalore

Feb 20, 2017
Guys is it true that if we don't get the OINP nomination within 60 days, a Procedural Fairness Letter will be sent to us by default? I submitted my application on July 29th and still waiting for the nomination. Very worried. I am in "Decision in Progress" since August 30th. Your thoughts are very welcome.