+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashwsh said:
Pardon my ignorance, but the only test I gave was Ielts, and and both me and my husband have more than 6 points in each sectioon
The maximum point for each ability is 6 points. So if you get CLB 9 in all abilities, you get 24 (6x4). You get zero for second official language. In case you took TEF (french language test) and you got CLB 5, that's the only time you will get additional 4 points. So the maximum score you can get under the language category is 28. 24 for English and 4 for French.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Pawshi said:
Folks,

Any views, how much time an applicant would have in hand to apply post PT invite from Ontario. I have read on the website that

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPUPDATES_FEB21.html

"For the International Masters Graduate Stream, International PhD Graduate and Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream streams, please submit your application within one week of registering a profile."

Does this mean that old timeframe of 45 days is gone?
I think the 45 days exists, but maybe it means don't create a profile in the Ontario system until you're ready to apply. Not sure, haven't seen that one before.

Abby Alex

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Ashwsh said:
Pardon my ignorance, but the only test I gave was Ielts, and and both me and my husband have more than 6 points in each sectioon
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

take a look at page 30 (bottom) of this PDF(Pg 32)

i can't get the table on in this reply

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Guys i will add everyone now - but please just leave ADD ME REQUEST not your NUMBER!

this for your own benefit - dont share your number on public forum to avoid spam

Maximus2

Jan 29, 2017
andy108 said:
Guys i will add everyone now - but please just leave ADD ME REQUEST not your NUMBER!

this for your own benefit - dont share your number on public forum to avoid spam

Andy, Please add me too!! :)

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
andy108 said:

Hi Andy, please add me to the group.

ant_ant_ant

Feb 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pacificislander said:
No. FSW is different from OINP.. Although they both have a minimum score of 67/100 to be met, they have different criteria.

OINP = 67/100

Selection Factor Maximum points
English and/or French skills 28
Education 25
Experience 15
Age 12
Arranged employment in Canada 10
Adaptability 10
Total 100
Pass mark: 67 out of 100 points

source: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Six selection factors : 67/100

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Under the OINP Human Capital Priorities stream, you have to go through these>>>Six selection factors 67/100>>CRS 400+>>OINP 67/100 and of course there are other requirements depending on which stream you are applying under. But generally, this should be your path.
I am confused. What do you mean that an applicant is qualified as a federal skilled worker if he has 67 points or higher? I have always thought that category is selected and accessed through EE criteria. Don't know why they have this extra 67/100 criteria.

Let say someone has 67 points under this criteria, and CRS points like 420, in what way he can immigrate to Canada? how to apply?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ant_ant_ant said:
I am confused. What do you mean that an applicant is qualified as a federal skilled worker if he has 67 points or higher? I have always thought that category is selected and accessed through EE criteria. Don't know why they have this extra 67/100 criteria.

Let say someone has 67 points under this criteria, and CRS points like 420, in what way he can immigrate to Canada? how to apply?
You can't apply under OINP unless they gave you Notification of Interest to apply. They chose their applicants. So technically, you can't apply.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think there is some major confusion between what OINP is, what EE is , and what FSW grid is..

i will see if i have time to create a proper post regarding this...

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question on work experience points in OINP

Hi all,

I would be really grateful if you could help me with this. The OINP guide says that you have to have a minimum of one year experience in last five years. OINP conditions are as follows:

Work Experience
- at least one year (1,560 hours total) of continuous full-time (minimum of
30 hours/week for 12 months) or an equal amount in continuous part-time
(minimum of 15 hours/week for 24 months or 30 hours/week for 1
- within the last five years from the date of the Notification of Interest
from Ontario.

Points are awarded as follows:
Experience Maximum Points
1 year (minimum of 12 months) 9 points
2 to 3 years (24 to 36 months) 11 points
4 to 5 years (48 to 60 months) 13 points
6 or more years (72 months or more) 15 points

My situation:
I have a total experience of seven years in my last two jobs.
Current job:
Starting date: June 04, 2012 - Total countable complete years - 04 years
Last job:
Starting date: April 01, 2008- Date of leaving - October 31, 2011 - Total countable complete years - 03 years

I have an unemployment period of eight months between these two jobs.

Now my question is that am I eligible to claim work experience points for six years as stated above which are 15 points?

Thank you!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: A question on work experience points in OINP

zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

I would be really grateful if you could help me with this. The OINP guide says that you have to have a minimum of one year experience in last five years. OINP conditions are as follows:

Work Experience
- at least one year (1,560 hours total) of continuous full-time (minimum of
30 hours/week for 12 months) or an equal amount in continuous part-time
(minimum of 15 hours/week for 24 months or 30 hours/week for 1
- within the last five years from the date of the Notification of Interest
from Ontario.

Points are awarded as follows:
6 or more years (72 months or more) 15 points

My situation:
I have a total experience of seven years in my last two jobs.
Current job:
Starting date: June 04, 2012 - Total countable complete years - 04 years
Last job:
Starting date: April 01, 2008- Date of leaving - October 31, 2011 - Total countable complete years - 03 years

I have an unemployment period of eight months between these two jobs.

Now my question is that am I eligible to claim work experience points for six years as stated above which are 15 points?

Thank you!
"Points are awarded as follows:
6 or more years (72 months or more) 15 points"

where did you get this calculations from ? cant remember seeing it before...

ant_ant_ant

Feb 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the supporting document of education history, do I need WES certificates for both bachelor and master degrees? or a WES certificate for the highest degree is fine?

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: A question on work experience points in OINP

thestunner316 said:
"Points are awarded as follows:
6 or more years (72 months or more) 15 points"

where did you get this calculations from ? cant remember seeing it before...
From latest OINP guide.

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ashwsh said:
Please clarify what do you mean 6 points ? Do you mean IELTS score or CLB 6?