20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
Hi Guys ,

I have an admit from the Ryerson Uni for MENg Compnet course which is a 1 year curse..However I have a few queries regarding opportunities to work after the course and eventually obtain a PR.

1. What are chances of getting the OPNP under the masters stream considering they nominate about 1400 students each year ?
2. If someone is not nominated by the province , what are the other opportunities / alternatives to stay back longer to work in canada and get a PR eventually ??

Answers to these queries will go a long way in deciding if I accept this admit or not ...

HELP :-\ :-\

Cheers
G

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. No one can give you your "chances". If you meet the criteria and submit your application early enough, then you should be accepted provided you meet the requirements.
2. See: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your aim is to get a PR, consider studying in Saskatchewan as the SINP for students sub-category is not cap-based.

gdange87

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Pune
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
Diplomatru said:
If your aim is to get a PR, consider studying in Saskatchewan as the SINP for students sub-category is not cap-based.
Hey Too late for that Diplomatru ...already have an admit from ryerson and awaiting info from Dalhousie..

While ryerson is a better college , it leaves me with only 1 year of PGWP.So there are very few options as of now that would be open for me if i opt for a 1 year course.I am worried that , if for some reason i dont get through the OPNP process , it would be a tough journey back home.As of today CEC would need a 1 year Full time experience , which i may/may not have at the end of 1 year.So definetly an element of risk is involved.

Dal opens up a lot of options considering that it gives me 3 years PGWP.So just a little confused if i should opt for 3 years PGWP over repute of Ryerson.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will seize to consider CEC and FSW applications in 2015 with the introduction of Express entry, so PGWP won't make a huge difference anyway.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
gdange87 said:
Hey Too late for that Diplomatru ...already have an admit from ryerson and awaiting info from Dalhousie..

While ryerson is a better college , it leaves me with only 1 year of PGWP.So there are very few options as of now that would be open for me if i opt for a 1 year course.I am worried that , if for some reason i dont get through the OPNP process , it would be a tough journey back home.As of today CEC would need a 1 year Full time experience , which i may/may not have at the end of 1 year.So definetly an element of risk is involved.

Dal opens up a lot of options considering that it gives me 3 years PGWP.So just a little confused if i should opt for 3 years PGWP over repute of Ryerson.
Hi

You will be persuing a 1 year course in Ontario.
What are the oppotunities available for students studying for 2 year course (like Masters).
Can they directly apply for PR after completing their masters in Ontario? Please help.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parul154 said:
Can they directly apply for PR after completing their masters in Ontario? Please help.
No, they can't. A Master's graduate should first apply for PNP certificate which is cap-based and can take up to 8 months in processing. In case it is issued, a nominee becomes eligible to apply for PR.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Diplomatru said:
No, they can't. A Master's graduate should first apply for PNP certificate which is cap-based and can take up to 8 months in processing. In case it is issued, a nominee becomes eligible to apply for PR.
Ohh..
and what abt the other options for students persuing masters from Ontario?
One more thing, u mentioned that CECE and FSW will no longer exist in 2015, since project express entry will be getting introduced. Is it so????

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For instance you can graduate in Ontario, find a job in BC and get nominated under their International graduate stream. People say that their PNP process takes under three months.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Graduates.aspx

You might also want to look at what other provinces have to offer.

As per your question about Express entry, unfortunately, it's true.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/irpr-eoi.asp

I say unfortunately because every amendment implemented so far has made it more difficult to immigrate to Canada.

gdange87

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Pune
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
Diplomatru said:
For instance you can graduate in Ontario, find a job in BC and get nominated under their International graduate stream. People say that their PNP process takes under three months.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Graduates.aspx

You might also want to look at what other provinces have to offer.

As per your question about Express entry, unfortunately, it's true.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/irpr-eoi.asp

I say unfortunately because every amendment implemented so far has made it more difficult to immigrate to Canada.
While I agree that we can look around for other provinces , the bone of contention here is having only 1 year to do so.
I wish to complete my course and during the period of the PGWP get a PR or atleast a nomination or something that would help me extend my stay.