+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP masters pilot scheme help ?

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
I am hoping to go to Canada for my masters next year in a university in ontario, and was wondering if after studying for one year and get (hopefully) my PGWP can i apply for the PNP through masters stream?

also if by the year the pgwp ends if i do not get a nomination and have to leave the country, can i carry on with the application while out of the country or can i apply from outside Canada? (i mean go back to home country after pgwp expires and apply from there?)

PS :Can some explain me all the process of PNP Onatrio masters stream in simple words

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Greetings!

Refer to the link for all your concerns;

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/questions/OI_QUESTIONS_COMMON.html

Masters PNP program is quite a good option. there are 1300 applications accepted a year from candidates successfully completing master's program in Ontario. But it seems you are talking about two different programs, masters and one year program (which is usually a diploma and certificate course).

Master's program allows you to file for PR even without a job. However, if you pursue a diploma or certificate, you need to obtain a job relevant to your profile (NOC B category job).

Rest, refer to the link.

Cheers!

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
thanks for replying. I will be looking for 1 year masters only .
First... i am asking, by the time of my 1 year PGWP if don't get my nomination from Ontario province.Do i have to leave the country ?
Secondly ...in other case if some how i get nominated within 1 year PGWP time span and by the time PR is granted i have to remain in the Canada..so province will extend my work permit after 1 year of of my PGWP by own or i have to apply for the new work permit. Thanks