+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO PNP APPLICATIONS 2016 TIMELINE

Apr 26, 2012
Abhimukta said:
Hi Friends,

My CRS score is 430 but I have not recieved any nomination from Ontario or any other province.ALthough I read somewhere that Ontario sends out nomination to candidates with 400 + points.What could have went wrong in my application that its not being picked up by any province.Could someone please help me out on this.

Hello Abhimukta,
Ontario has stopped sending PT notification since mid feb, possible reason for this delay is due to the high backlog of the 2015 applicants, there is a strong assumption that, Ontario will start resuming sending out PT notification after May 6, 2016, that is when the new financial requirement is going to be implemented. Let's hope this comes true, and people start receiving PT and nominations after May 6, 2016.

maninder.gta

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
I'm an OINP nominee, applying from Inside Canada.

My timeline so far:
Applied for OINP:
2015-09-10
OINP nomination received:
2015-10-10

Permanent residence application sent to Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, NS:
2015-11-10
AOR:
2016-02-12
MR:
still waiting:
DM :
still waiting
PPR :
still waiting

1.) How much time will it take to receive a request for medicals (MR) from the date of AOR?

2.) how much time is it going to take for a bridging work permit extension.

thanks in advance

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALEX CHRISTIAN said:
Abhimukta said:
Hi Friends,

My CRS score is 430 but I have not recieved any nomination from Ontario or any other province.ALthough I read somewhere that Ontario sends out nomination to candidates with 400 + points.What could have went wrong in my application that its not being picked up by any province.Could someone please help me out on this.

Hello Abhimukta,
Ontario has stopped sending PT notification since mid feb, possible reason for this delay is due to the high backlog of the 2015 applicants, there is a strong assumption that, Ontario will start resuming sending out PT notification after May 6, 2016, that is when the new financial requirement is going to be implemented. Let's hope this comes true, and people start receiving PT and nominations after May 6, 2016.

Hi Alex,

Hope your assumption comes true! Every Wednesday I check email inbox with hope:(

Thanks

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
maninder.gta said:
I'm an OINP nominee, applying from Inside Canada.

My timeline so far:
Applied for OINP:
2015-09-10
OINP nomination received:
2015-10-10

Permanent residence application sent to Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, NS:
2015-11-10
AOR:
2016-02-12
MR:
still waiting:
DM :
still waiting
PPR :
still waiting

1.) How much time will it take to receive a request for medicals (MR) from the date of AOR?

2.) how much time is it going to take for a bridging work permit extension.

thanks in advance
1. ABOUT 4-6 MONTHS
2. 3-4 MONTHS

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
May 9, 2016

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

As a result of changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the program with the needs of its labour market, the province has already received the sufficient number of OINP applications to meet its 2016 federal allocation. This is further proof that Ontario remains a very sought after destination for highly-skilled workers.

Following the lead of other jurisdictions, Ontario has made the responsible decision to place a temporary pause on the intake of applications for select, high-volume OINP streams. Other provinces have also done this in the past after fully maximizing their allotments. It’s important to note that lower-volume streams of the OINP and other options continue to be available.

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.
Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:
Employer Pre-screen
International Student – Masters Graduate stream
International Student – PhD Graduate stream
All applications for the Employer Pre-screen and International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment.
The OINP will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed. Only those Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process may apply to the OINP. These applicants will have 60 days from the date of the Employer Pre-screen approval letter to apply to either of these streams.
The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.
Ontario remains a top destination for workers and their families from all over the world.
Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.
Given the positive effect of the program on Ontario’s economy, the province continues to engage the federal government on nominee numbers.

garry91

Mar 9, 2016
hi,

I applied my OINP and application was received by the office on Jan/11/2016. I haven't received my AOR yet. i want to know is their anybody else in same situation

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Filled May 20, 2016 Received Aug 22, 2016
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Hi Everyone,

After a while I got time to update here!

As I got nominated last Mar 29, 2016 I went to Niagara Falls twice to finally get my work permit.

On my first attempt (around 2 hour wait) to get the WP I brought with me a letter from employer that had basically the same format and content of the job offer to confirm the offer, my current visa, and a copy of the PNP nomination.

Unfortunately they told me that the LMIA exemption fee was missing.

The exemption fee has to be paid by the employer and you have to bring the receipt with you.

In order to pay such fee, the employer have to make a profile on the website indicated, and submit the job offer all over again ( not certain about that, cuz that's what the lawyer told me ). After the job offer is approved in the system then employer can pay the fee.

On my second attempt (5 hours wait) I brought the same documents but this time I had the LMIA exemption fee receipt with me. The fee for work permit is CAD 155. My work permit is closed. I am only allowed to work at the company and location described in the PNP nomination package.

Arweny

Aug 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
garry91 said:
hi,

I applied my OINP and application was received by the office on Jan/11/2016. I haven't received my AOR yet. i want to know is their anybody else in same situation
They received my application on the 11th of February, and I haven't heard anything back yet either.

pate0277

Apr 14, 2016
PK_11 said:
Everything is fine, just give proper details on your pre screening date, Graduation date and all. Say i applied within 2 year and all. Rest will be fine.
hello,
timeline for pre screening,
Pre screening application : Sep 2015
Pre screening AOR : Oct 2015
Graduate : Aug 2013

Pre screening is on last stage As employer got call before 5 week And email last weeks.(Local MP is involved).
But problem i reached 2 year of limit. Any suggestion ? work permit expire in sep 2016.

simona87

Feb 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'd like to write about the OINP backlog for master's and PhD students and that they've now closed the program until November. You may have heard that I write about these sorts of problems a fair bit. If you can tell me about your wait times and what's going on, that would be great. On deadline today. Simona Chiose
schiose@globeandmail.com

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
cnfb said:
Hi Everyone,

After a while I got time to update here!

As I got nominated last Mar 29, 2016 I went to Niagara Falls twice to finally get my work permit.

On my first attempt (around 2 hour wait) to get the WP I brought with me a letter from employer that had basically the same format and content of the job offer to confirm the offer, my current visa, and a copy of the PNP nomination.

Unfortunately they told me that the LMIA exemption fee was missing.

The exemption fee has to be paid by the employer and you have to bring the receipt with you.

In order to pay such fee, the employer have to make a profile on the website indicated, and submit the job offer all over again ( not certain about that, cuz that's what the lawyer told me ). After the job offer is approved in the system then employer can pay the fee.

On my second attempt (5 hours wait) I brought the same documents but this time I had the LMIA exemption fee receipt with me. The fee for work permit is CAD 155. My work permit is closed. I am only allowed to work at the company and location described in the PNP nomination package.

Thanks a lot for the valuable info.

xiaxiqiuzi

May 18, 2016
Hi All,

I have a question related to IELTS when I apply for PR after ONIP nomination.

I took IELTS on AUG 2015, and I applied for ONIP Master Stream on MAR 2016. I haven't get AOR yet, but based on others' timeline, I believe the time for AOR might be July or AUG and SEP or OCT for nomination letter. The checklist of PR application shows that I need to submit proof of language, but at the time I apply for PR, my IELTS is beyond one year. Do I need to take a new IELTS or just submit the old one when I apply for PR?

Thank you!!!!!

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
pate0277 said:
hello,
timeline for pre screening,
Pre screening application : Sep 2015
Pre screening AOR : Oct 2015
Graduate : Aug 2013

Pre screening is on last stage As employer got call before 5 week And email last weeks.(Local MP is involved).
But problem i reached 2 year of limit. Any suggestion ? work permit expire in sep 2016.
Since OINP is causing the delay they might accept your PNP application.
Just add an explanation letter with your application.

Good Luck.
Keep us posted.

pate0277

Apr 14, 2016
all_iz_well said:
Since OINP is causing the delay they might accept your PNP application.
Just add an explanation letter with your application.

Good Luck.
Keep us posted.
Ok. thank you.