+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Applicants 2013

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
spartacus said:
I would think by the end of June we would get it. What type of documents they requested from you?
I didn't sent the original Transcripts directly from university. I asked them while submitting if they need transcripts if we are submitting notarized copy of Degree Certificate and they had said No. But still got this request. Anyways, I've submitted that already. I think June is too far...they should process it by May end if everything is OK.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
spartacus said:
I would think by the end of June we would get it. What type of documents they requested from you?
I've one question, After getting our nomination certificate, do we need any letter from Ontario PNP (letter of intent) to apply for Bridge open work permit or we can directly apply for that? Also do we need to have any job offer or we can still get bridge open work permit just on basis of PNP certificate without job offer?

spartacus

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP: Feb 2014, PR: June 2014
Nomination.....
May, 2014
AOR Received.
21 Jan, 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29 Jan, 2015
Med's Done....
30 Jan, 2015, Med received: 06 Feb, 2015
vaibhavxv said:
I've one question, After getting our nomination certificate, do we need any letter from Ontario PNP (letter of intent) to apply for Bridge open work permit or we can directly apply for that? Also do we need to have any job offer or we can still get bridge open work permit just on basis of PNP certificate without job offer?
Good points! sorry I hv no idea abt Bridge open permit.

hebyx

Feb 19, 2014
Seems that it is different from bridge work permit. But u need to request a support letter from PNP, and then applied the open work permit. I got the letter, however, it took me almost one month to wait for the letter....

Any one has some updates for the application from federal?

vaibhavxv said:

samboy2005

Mar 15, 2014
vaibhavxv said:
I didn't sent the original Transcripts directly from university. I asked them while submitting if they need transcripts if we are submitting notarized copy of Degree Certificate and they had said No. But still got this request. Anyways, I've submitted that already. I think June is too far...they should process it by May end if everything is OK.
same here although they sent me file# with a copy of receipt of payment dated the 8th April. i just received it on 18th april so I got the documents ( transcripts) ordered from university immediately. They said the exact thing that i didnt need to bother with transcripts as i was giving notarized copy of degree. I too think that it shouldnt be no later than may end. Hopefully

samboy2005

Mar 15, 2014
hebyx said:
Seems that it is different from bridge work permit. But u need to request a support letter from PNP, and then applied the open work permit. I got the letter, however, it took me almost one month to wait for the letter....

Any one has some updates for the application from federal?
i dunno if anybody can guide me about this, but my Visa is expiring on may 7th and PGWP on the 10th june.
Now if i dont get the PNP letter by May end, i was contemplating whether i should just buy time by filing a paper application for WP extension using the PNP File# along with a letter explaining situation( implied status strategy) or should i apply for visitor visa first.
FYI i am working as well so in latter case i cant work till i get a WP ! :-\

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
samboy2005 said:
i dunno if anybody can guide me about this, but my Visa is expiring on may 7th and PGWP on the 10th june.
Now if i dont get the PNP letter by May end, i was contemplating whether i should just buy time by filing a paper application for WP extension using the PNP File# along with a letter explaining situation( implied status strategy) or should i apply for visitor visa first.
You are right about the paper application for WP extension as implied status kicks in. You also don't need to worry regarding working as your implied status will let you work till you get your bridge work permit. The visa expiry doesn't matter as long as you aren't going out of Canada. You can stay in Canada just on the basis of your Work Permit. Wait till the last 2-3 days of expiry and keep the application ready. Also I'll suggest not to add any letter explaining your situation, as you can always send them PNP certificate as soon as you receive it. This is all my suggestion though!! Let us know what you decide!!

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
@ samboy2005,

OPNP website explicitly says that it is applicant's responsibility to maintain legal status in Canada during processing. So if you will not receive your nomination before PGWP expires the only option would be to leave Canada and wait for decision outside the country.

If you do receive your nomination sometime before PGWP expires, then you will have the following options:

1. Apply for WP right away, with support letter provided with nomination. (At max you can get 18 months extension)
2. With nomination apply to CIC, get the file # and only after that apply for bridge WP. ( At max you can get 12 months extension)

My advice would be call to OPNP and hurry them up (they usually understand such situations) and then call to CIC to clarify about implied status in your case.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Got my Nomination Today from Purolater. Time line Applied in the last week of January, File number is the first week of April and Nomination in second week.

spartacus

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP: Feb 2014, PR: June 2014
Nomination.....
May, 2014
AOR Received.
21 Jan, 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29 Jan, 2015
Med's Done....
30 Jan, 2015, Med received: 06 Feb, 2015
bethanasame said:
Got my Nomination Today from Purolater. Time line Applied in the last week of January, File number is the first week of April and Nomination in second week.
Congrats!!! Which category did you apply to?

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
bethanasame said:
Congrats, I'm 1-2 weeks behind you as I submitted additional docs as well. Hoping to get by mid May.

hebyx

Feb 19, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob406.asp
pbb this links may help

samboy2005 said:

vishal shrestha

Apr 18, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i wanna know that the one belonging to Nursing profession from Asia is eligible or not for this Ontario PNP with no job offer from any employer in Canada??? What are the procedures to apply for and how long will it takes us to complete the whole process if we begin today???

samboy2005

Mar 15, 2014
vaibhavxv said:
You are right about the paper application for WP extension as implied status kicks in. You also don't need to worry regarding working as your implied status will let you work till you get your bridge work permit. The visa expiry doesn't matter as long as you aren't going out of Canada. You can stay in Canada just on the basis of your Work Permit. Wait till the last 2-3 days of expiry and keep the application ready. Also I'll suggest not to add any letter explaining your situation, as you can always send them PNP certificate as soon as you receive it. This is all my suggestion though!! Let us know what you decide!!
Thanks Vaibhavxv for ur suggestions.....i think i will wait and see if not than file the paper application.