+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Photo Card

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is Ontario Photo card valid piece of identification for the citizenship application, along with Foreign Passport?

Thanks
T.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Is Ontario Photo card valid piece of identification for the citizenship application, along with Foreign Passport?

Thanks
T.
Yes, since it is a government issued ID.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say it is as long as it shows your current address. Have you heard to the contrary or did you just want to confirm?

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is. I used it for my application along with my health card and passport.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maidentower said:
Yes it is. I used it for my application along with my health card and passport.
Thanks. But why u had to use 3 pieces of identity??? They only ask for 2.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Instead of passport, can we send PR card as proof of identity?

So my 2 pieces of identity would be:
PR card
Ontario Photo Card.

Are these 2 okay???

Thanks
T.

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:

PR card
Ontario Photo Card.

Are these 2 okay???

Thanks
T.
Passport shows entry and exit stamps, U can not apply for citizenship without sending photocopy of your passport.

If u apply without it , they might return your application or ask you to send photocopy of it. In short photocopy of passport is mandatory

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djsunman said:
Passport shows entry and exit stamps, U can not apply for citizenship without sending photocopy of your passport.

If u apply without it , they might return your application or ask you to send photocopy of it. In short photocopy of passport is mandatory
Thank you very very much.

I am aware that we need to send passport copy. But I just wanted to know about 2 documents as "identity" proof. Is PR card and PhotoCard enough for it?

Thanks again
T.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:

I am aware that we need to send passport copy. But I just wanted to know about 2 documents as "identity" proof. Is PR card and PhotoCard enough for it?

Thanks again
T.
5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:
•a Canadian driver’s licence
•a Canadian health insurance card
•a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.

If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Yes, Ontario Photo Card is okay with your PR card
you can also pair it with your health card.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3hm said:
5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:
•a Canadian driver's licence
•a Canadian health insurance card
•a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.

If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Yes, Ontario Photo Card is okay with your PR card
you can also pair it with your health card.
Thank you very very much ! I really appreciate

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:

Thanks
T.
Yes. Ontario Photo Card can be used instead of driver's license.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:

PR card
Ontario Photo Card.

Are these 2 okay???

Thanks
T.
You need to send your passport. Actually, all passports for the period of time included in your application. If your passport has a renewal page, you have to send a copy of it, too.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:

Thanks again
T.
Yes but the question that comes in mind is Why don't you have a health card? Aren't you an Ontario resident? Either you are an Ontario resident in which case you should have a Health card or you are not. Don't make your file look suspicious. Yeeees PR card and Ontario ID are good identity proof but where is your health card? Be prepared to answer this question.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Yes but the question that comes in mind is Why don't you have a health card? Aren't you an Ontario resident? Either you are an Ontario resident in which case you should have a Health card or you are not. Don't make your file look suspicious. Yeeees PR card and Ontario ID are good identity proof but where is your health card? Be prepared to answer this question.
Thanks indeed for writing.

Yes, ofcourse I have a health card.

They mentioned I can send ANY 2 pieces and that is why I just asked if those 2 are also okay.

PLUS I think Ontario ID is good as it also has the residential address which neither PR card nor health card has,