+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Nomination program# Query on settling

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Dear Friends...

If one get a nomination from a province, Is it compulsory to live there?

Lets assume, I got a nomination from Ontario, got PR and landed in Canada.
Can I settle in Alberta or British Columbia?

Please advise.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nafstyle said:
Dear Friends...

Please advise.
Technically post PR you can live anywhere. But out of courtsey, if a province gives you nomination, you might aswell stay there.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if its compulsory to live there after you get thr PNP, but a week or so ago I read a thread on this forum where someone provided an extract of a letter they got denying them the PNP.

Basically the letter said they were being denied the PNP because the Province had doubts the person would actually live in the Province if they got the nomination.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nafstyle said:
Dear Friends...

Please advise.
It is not mandated by law that you live in that province. You will, however, need to prove your intention of living there. How you go about doing that is up to you.

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nafstyle said:
Dear Friends...

Please advise.

I heard that in other provinces the officer contacts the Nominee and ask for some docs like proof of address, pay stubs etc. In case of ON, I noticed that there was a portion that I signed allowing them to contact me in the future of some sort. There are also instances that PRs were not renewed after the expiry of 5 years for misrepresentation for not settling to the province that nominated them however these were just hearsays and I never read any first hand post from someone who experienced the same.

Reese88

May 29, 2015
audrey888 said:
I heard that in other provinces the officer contacts the Nominee and ask for some docs like proof of address, pay stubs etc. In case of ON, I noticed that there was a portion that I signed allowing them to contact me in the future of some sort. There are also instances that PRs were not renewed after the expiry of 5 years for misrepresentation for not settling to the province that nominated them however these were just hearsays and I never read any first hand post from someone who experienced the same.

My friend with SK nomination once told me he was contacted by the officer after 6 months asking for his paystubs.

Hush

Nov 28, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am going to take the IELTS test on February and then to submit my CIC EE profile under FSW from overseas without any work experiance in Canada. I do have experiance as Financial analyst and Economist for approximately 10 years.
According to my past experience with IELTS and my details, I assume that my score will be approximately 437 points. If I will send my spouse to do her IELTS and accredit her education it will add 5 and 10 points respectively.
What are my chances to get an invitation for sponsorship from Ontario through EE ?
It says that I have to gain more than 400 points in the EE profile to be eligble for sposorship.
Are there other requirements to be met for Ontario that are strickter than the general EE for FSW ?
I read here that people got Sponsorship invitation from Ontario in the past year with 411, 407 EE score etc… - does it make sense ? If so I don't have to use my spouse's education and IELTS (costs efforts and expanses)
Is it worth to pay for the accreditation and the exam for my spouse ?
Thanks