+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario NOI received but IELTS expiring

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Thank you Preet! Such a relief!

I am going to submit my application tomorrow for OINP and my ielts is expiring on 27th October 2020, so I’m totally in fine situation here? Will it get nominated before 27th October if I submit my profile tomorrow?

EE profile expiring next year in MAY
Hey Preet!

NEED YOUR HELP HERE!

So my OINP is in process and my IELTS is going to soon expire, can I update my latest results now in EE or should I wait for nomination first?

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hello guys,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460
NOC: 2147.

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I have a problem with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if i have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.
Will it be a problem if OINP checks my EE profile and finds that score has become less now (before I update next test result)?

What if I may take some time to get back that 0.5 extra to CLB 9 in writing, when ideally OINP starts looking at our documents and EE profile after application submission?

Please provide genuine inputs.

Thanks

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Yes because you are submitting it before the expiration date.
Hello Preet,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I have a problem with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if I have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.
Will it be a problem if OINP checks my EE profile and finds that score has become less now (before I update next test result)?

What if I may take some time to get back that 0.5 extra to CLB 9 in writing, when ideally OINP starts looking at our documents and EE profile after application submission?

Will they consider my IELTS submitted which is valid on Application date or will they want new IELTS to have same score? Will they reject my application if I miss out getting old scores before they start processing?

Thanks

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hello Preet,

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if I have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

Will they consider my IELTS submitted which is valid on Application date or will they want new IELTS to have same score? Will they reject my application if I miss out getting old scores before they start processing?

Thanks
Okay so if your IELTS has been expired after OINP submission then all good.

You need to update your express entry profile with new scores before it gets expire and to make it eligible and the minimum scores to make it eligible is CLB7, so don’t need to score the same scores which were before.

if in case your profile became ineligible due to IELTS expiry then you need to create a new EE profile and then you need to pass your new profile details to OINP so they can be able to send you nomination on your new profile.

Reactions: sussie54

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Okay so if your IELTS has been expired after OINP submission then all good.

You need to update your express entry profile with new scores before it gets expire and to make it eligible and the minimum scores to make it eligible is CLB7, so don’t need to score the same scores which were before.

if in case your profile became ineligible due to IELTS expiry then you need to create a new EE profile and then you need to pass your new profile details to OINP so they can be able to send you nomination on your new profile.
Thanks for the confirmation, I have already updated express entry profile and it did not become ineligible, yet crs score came down as writing score reduced by 0.5. should I send new IELTS report to OINP or they will ask for it?

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Thanks for the confirmation, I have already updated express entry profile and it did not become ineligible, yet crs score came down as writing score reduced by 0.5. should I send new IELTS report to OINP or they will ask for it?
It’s okay if the scores got reduced, it should be more than CLB7 that’s what matters.

For new IELTS score to be sent to OINP, not required, as scores get locked when you submit OINP application

ankelpab

Feb 10, 2021
take the computer based test. More dates are available and the results are declared in a week if i m not mistaken.
You will loose your Ontario NOI if you let your profile expire.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
take the computer based test. More dates are available and the results are declared in a week if i m not mistaken.
You will loose your Ontario NOI if you let your profile expire.
Hi,

I took a new computer-based test 9 days before my IELTS expiry , but scores reduced, anyways I submitted OINP before my IELTS expiry date ( 4days before IELTS expiry). I have updated EE profile with reduced scores to keep profile active and I wrote again this week, waiting for results.

Thanks

ankelpab

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,

I took a new computer-based test 9 days before my IELTS expiry , but scores reduced, anyways I submitted OINP before my IELTS expiry date ( 4days before IELTS expiry). I have updated EE profile with reduced scores to keep profile active and I wrote again this week, waiting for results.

Thanks

Thanks for replying.

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi Preet,
I am in same situation, could you pls help??

NOI oinp HCP Feb 2nd,
Ielts exam date Feb 6
Ielts expiry date Feb 18.
What should I do ?? Pls pls.

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hey yes! You just need to score CLB7 to be eligible for EE
Hi Kirat,

could you please help me pls pls. Under theknife now.
I want to know what is ielts expiry considered by oinp, is it exam date or result date?

and what if score drops in EE profile after NOI submission, will it effect the nomination or have to maintain same score that was at the time of nomination?? 479 crs

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hey yes! You just need to score CLB7 to be eligible for EE
..... Hi kirat plssss do reply .. actually i got noi from Ontario under hcp on 8 may . My ielts will expire December . I got 8777 bt i want to our ielts score should be valid till the submission of this noi application or till the nomination from Ontario. As it's really tough for me to achieve again 8777 , i could get 6 each nd more than it bt could not achieve again 8777 as it's pretty tough for me .. i m really worried abt that plssssss do reply . Need your help

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
..... Hi kirat plssss do reply .. actually i got noi from Ontario under hcp on 8 may . My ielts will expire December . I got 8777 bt i want to our ielts score should be valid till the submission of this noi application or till the nomination from Ontario. As it's really tough for me to achieve again 8777 , i could get 6 each nd more than it bt could not achieve again 8777 as it's pretty tough for me .. i m really worried abt that plssssss do reply . Need your help
I am in the same situation. Need to Take IELTS again as score expires. But from what I understand you need a valid express entry profile only and dont need the same scores. You only need CLB7 and be eligible for express entry. Do you best for IELTS as you are paying for it anyway but from what I understand you dont need the same scores after you submit the OINP Application. You do need it before though in case you IELTS expires in the middle of the application to OINP because in that case your profile is expired technically.

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi experts,

I received Ontario NOI yesterday through Speed Test Express entry profile but my IELTS is expiring on Feb 10.
Next available IELTS dates are in Feb and even if I retake the test, it will take two weeks for results. So, my profile will definitely expire.

What can be done in this scenario?
I am going to submit my application tomorrow for OINP and my ielts is expiring on 27th October 2020, so I’m totally in fine situation here? Will it get nominated before 27th October if I submit my profile tomorrow?

Last edited: