+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario International Graduate Stream

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Dear Members,
I am completing a Post Graduate Certificate or an Ontario Graduate Certificate of 8 months in Financial Planning in Centennial College. I would like to know If I will be eligible for the Ontario International Graduate Stream after reading this one. All the help from kind souls is appreciated.

2. Education

You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution one of the following:

• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement

This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program. Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement. A certificate program that takes two or more years is still subject to the degree requirement.

You must also have completed more than half of your studies while living and studying in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No you are not eligible unless your program is only for those who have a degree as an admission requirement. I doubt Centennial College has this requirements and allows those with diplomas to attend.

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
No you are not eligible unless your program is only for those who have a degree as an admission requirement. I doubt Centennial College has this requirements and allows those with diplomas to attend.
Academic Requirements
  • Degree or a three-year college diploma in a business related discipline (marketing, economics, etc.)
Note: We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75 per cent complete), and who have a minimum of two years’ work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required).

Is that useful for you so you can give me a response?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Academic Requirements
  • Degree or a three-year college diploma in a business related discipline (marketing, economics, etc.)
Note: We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75 per cent complete), and who have a minimum of two years’ work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required).

Is that useful for you so you can give me a response?
My answer hasn’t changed. Your program admits diploma holders. You are eligible if the program allows only degree holder like a Masters.