+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario ID Card wrong address ? How it would affect citizenship ?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well. I recently moved with my cousin, from Toronto to Oakville. My application for citizenship is currently in process. I am currently traveling outside of Canada. About 50 days back, I submitted an application at Service Ontario to change the address of the ID card, to match my cousin's address. The application took a while, and I didn't receive my ID card yet. So, I checked the receipt for the ID card, turns out that the person at Service Ontario used a wrong address number in Oakville, while leaving the city as Toronto !

For instance if my new address is:

New address: 10 lame street Oakville, Ontario

Service Ontario wrote : 15 lame Street, Toronto, Ontario (basically an address, that doesn't exist !)

I am trying to fix the situation. The only problem is I am outside Canada at the moment. It says in the link below, that you can submit a written request to change address. I am a bit cautious about sending a request to change address from abroad, as that can raise red flags. Can I send the papers to my cousin, and he would send them from Canada post ? or would that raise red flags too? Also if that's acceptable shall I write down in that I did submit a request previously and there is an error written in the address, while attaching a photocopy of the receipt ? as the link below doesn't have a standardized form to submit ? Would all this affect my citizenship application in anyways?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card#section-5

Last edited: