Aug 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi

I went to service ontario to get a health card 2 months ago. It's been 8 weeks and I still haven't got it in the mail yet. Should I be worried?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
data said:
Hi

I went to service ontario to get a health card 2 months ago. It's been 8 weeks and I still haven't got it in the mail yet. Should I be worried?
Yes it's probably lost in the mail. It should only take a week or 2 to arrive. I would call service Ontario and ask them to re-issue one.

You can also go into Service Ontario office and get your Health Card number instantly that you can use for doctor visits (if you've passed the 3 months waiting time).

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
For the new applicants it can take up to 3 months to deliver. They always send it close to the day your coverage starts that is 3 months since your landing.
You can only start worrying if you card does not arrive a week after the beginning of your coverage date.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
My wife's card arrived in 1 week from when she applied.
But yes, I guess it depends on exactly when the application was made vs when the coverage becomes effective.

Richa!

Oct 3, 2017
For the new applicants it can take up to 3 months to deliver. They always send it close to the day your coverage starts that is 3 months since your landing.
You can only start worrying if you card does not arrive a week after the beginning of your coverage date.
Hi, I am a new applicant as i have recently moved base from India & started living in Ontario after my marriage. Its been more than 5 months that i have been living in Ontario

However, when i went to City Hall branch, they refused to issue as right now my application for Spouse visa is under process & i haven't got a job as of yet (Though I do hold an Open work permit). Please advise if there is any other way / system where my medical expenses can be covered by the government ?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hi, I am a new applicant as i have recently moved base from India & started living in Ontario after my marriage. Its been more than 5 months that i have been living in Ontario

However, when i went to City Hall branch, they refused to issue as right now my application for Spouse visa is under process & i haven't got a job as of yet (Though I do hold an Open work permit). Please advise if there is any other way / system where my medical expenses can be covered by the government ?
According to this info you should be fine. You need to ask the about the grounds for your refusal.

https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/ontario-health-insurance-plan-ohip/who-is-eligible-for-ohip/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are not a PR yet that is why you were refused. If you applied for for inland spousal sponsorship there is a way to qualify for OHIP before you get PR but not sure if you will qualify yet. You will still have to wait 3 months after you apply. I have included the website with the instructions.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario.56695/

Richa!

Oct 3, 2017
You are not a PR yet that is why you were refused. If you applied for for inland spousal sponsorship there is a way to qualify for OHIP before you get PR but not sure if you will qualify yet. You will still have to wait 3 months after you apply. I have included the website with the instructions.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario.56695/
Hey

Thanks a lott for your valued response. This seem to be really helpful.. Thanks for redirecting on the health Act in Ontario.