+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Graduate Certificate

keshvi

Apr 6, 2016
Hello there,

I am a BBA (3 years) graduate from India looking to pursue my further studies in Canada.
Now the trouble is that the counsellors here in India suggest to take up either 1 year or 2 year Ontario Graduate Certificate.
1.) what exactly is a Ontario Graduate Certificate? Is it at the same level as masters?
2.) is it worth taking up a 2 year GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Ontario Graduate Certificate?
3.) will this certificate hold any value in India?

Awaiting your replies.

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi,

1. As far as the name goes - Graduate - is on par with something after Bachelor's Degree
2. It's worth if you want it to. The time has no importance unless you want a post graduate work permit to work in Canada after. If you want that, the minimum is 8 months. 2 year program will get you 2-3 years of a work permit. But I take it you want to return
3. It should hold value. These are graduate degrees just like anywhere else. Does it matter where you studied? It's like saying Harvard Degree has no meaning in India (just an example) i'm sure it has.

Rambostar

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SandraRotaru said:
Hi,

1. As far as the name goes - Graduate - is on par with something after Bachelor's Degree
2. It's worth if you want it to. The time has no importance unless you want a post graduate work permit to work in Canada after. If you want that, the minimum is 8 months. 2 year program will get you 2-3 years of a work permit. But I take it you want to return
3. It should hold value. These are graduate degrees just like anywhere else. Does it matter where you studied? It's like saying Harvard Degree has no meaning in India (just an example) i'm sure it has.
Very well said and I agree.