VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
As i told , my choice is Toronto

Good Luck.

smallestearth

Apr 22, 2013
Sir, I have been accepted in Uni of western Ontario in MEng (power) but I have also applied in German Universities and got selected there too. I am very much confused cuz where to go. My goals are to get PR and Professional job (sounds difficult)... I have read on a forum that University of western Ontario's Engineering program is not that much gud.
What would be ur suggestion in my case. Thanx in advance...

tiger007

Champion Member
smallestearth said:
Sir, I have been accepted in Uni of western Ontario in MEng (power) but I have also applied in German Universities and got selected there too. I am very much confused cuz where to go. My goals are to get PR and Professional job (sounds difficult)... I have read on a forum that University of western Ontario's Engineering program is not that much gud.
What would be ur suggestion in my case. Thanx in advance...
Hi,

Canada is the last remaining developed western country in the world, with such liberal immigration options for international students. It's unimaginable to think of such student immigration programs in Australia, NZ, U.S, UK, E.U, Singapore etc.

But,truth is that... Canada, like any other nation has limited land and resources. And they will keep accepting immigrants in large numbers.. only till they fill the labor gaps... balance their demographics.

Sooner or later, all these international student PNPs will shut down. It has to... they will not overcrowd their provinces like in South Asia/ other developing countries, just for the sake of it. I think.. within the next 3-6 years.. most of these student PNPs will shut down or the rules will become much tougher. So, if you are looking for PR... Canada is the best place to study in... this is the window of opportunity... not to mention UWO is a world class university.

I cannot comment specifically on the M.Eng program of UWO, but a Master's degree from a major university like UWO, will definitely open many doors for you. Most student immigration programs require international students to find a skilled /professional job. And getting a skilled job, at the end... depends on your skill, how well you fare in academics, how good co-op job you bag (if co-op/internship is part of Master's), volunteering, how well you network, support and network of your univ/department alumni group... and ultimately luck also matters... Rest assured..you will have more chances of getting PR in Canada after your Master's...than in any other country of world.

To know more about various student immigration programs in Canada for international students (see April 2013 update with official links; mid page 6):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Lejin

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks Aman Singh, a lot for your kind response. Some of the posts in these forums are quite frankly bewildering. How people compare university courses to PG cert courses and thrash them down just sends shivers down my spines. I hope things are not that bad for people who work hard and perform well to get decent jobs.
I hope I have not made a big mistake in my life!
Do you know about Scholarships and Bursaries for International students?

Is it practically easy to stay around for 3 years and manage to get a PR, if I stay?

vinaymor01

Apr 22, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

As I said... most Canadian universities need B grade or minimum 60% in final 2 years of B.tech degree for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some may require IELTS score of overall 7) for applying to engineering Master degrees. They DO NOT require GRE. The higher your B.tech scores are... more your chances of getting admission (as it is one of most important factors for getting admission to Master degree programs at Canadian universities). So, your selection will be primarily based on the marks of your B.Tech degree. The research based degrees (MaSc's) are usually much more competitive, where one generally needs to show some knack for research (like published papers) and selected students usually get partial or full funding. You will mention this 1 year PG certificate as an added qualification... an added Canadian certificate... on your resume.. will put more weight... particularly if it's related to your field of study - CS/related fields. Not to mention..you just need to do a 1 year M.Eng program after that..to be eligible for a 3 years PGWP, while others with you passing out from the 1 year M.Eng program will only be eligible for a 1 year PGWP. Saying this, doesn't mean that you should be aiming only for a 1 year M.Eng program...but you should also try your best for getting into M.S (research based program with funding) or a better M.Eng program with industrial co-op/internship option (very good for getting valuable Canadian work ex.... even if the M.Eng is longer than 1 year)... both will be a very good move for your career.

The question you are asking me is of technical nature. Had this been some generic management course, I could have honestly advised you... One of the reasons you won't find many discussing these PG cert. technical courses are..simple..as I mentioned..are that valued or pursued.. Most engineers prefer to do M. Eng/ MaSc. What I can tell you is... since you are a CS engineer... go through the "Course contents" of all these technical PG courses you shortlisted.. and compare the subjects/course contents..and see which might suit you best.. keeping in mind your CS engineering background and your long term goals to pursue Masters... You can do it best.... and you will know which subjects /branch (eg. Wireless networking or Database development) will be better for you..suit your profile more...If you have no idea about them.. Google them! You will eventually figure out the best course for you. And regarding colleges... although most are similar.. I've honestly no idea which technical course is better or worse.. but a college like GBC, right in the heart of Toronto city..is a reputed college.... but the again..course content matters.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Sir

I wanted to clear this doubt, that after completing my certificate program of 1 year. Will I be able to apply for master degree student visa permit from canada itself or I have to go through all the process again from India?