Ontario FSW Pilot

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickarora said:
Hey Guys! I am new to this forum.

I have few questions for all of you:

1) I got my AOR from CIC on Feb 19th and awaiting my AOR from NDVO. I have not applied for OWP yet due to passport renewal required for my wife. After two months my eCAS status still reads "Application Received". Is it the same status for everyone else who are awaiting their AOR from NDVO ?

2) I have seen only a few people on this forum who have received their AOR from NDVO. Its been almost 3 months since I received my AOR from CIC. Can any one suggest what is going on and how long it is expected to take for AOR and then for process completion ?

3) For those who received their AOR from NDVO, can anyone confirm the email address and subject of the email that the received ?

Thanks
Vicky, Don't worry.
I got my first AOR in January and still my application is showing its Status in eCAS as "Application Received".

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Hi All,

I heard that if we fly on OWP and when Passport request come for PR then we have to come back and submit our passport
to local VO.

is this true?

I am from NDVO.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

I got Second E-mail that my application is moved to Local Visa office. But Guess What ?

It should be moved to NDVO ( New Delhi Visa Office ) but instead of moving to NDVO its moved to Colombo, Sri Lanka Visa Office.

Did any of you also got your Second E-mail for AOR's for application moving to a Local Visa office but instead of moving this application to your country of residence it moved to some near by Country Visa office ?

The Body of this e-mail says :

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has been transferred for processing at the High Commission of Canada in Colombo, Sri Lanka. This has been done to provide you the shortest possible processing time.

I feel may be NDVO is over loaded with work so that is why CIC has identified near by visa offices where there is bandwidth / manpower available so that these applications can get processed on priority basis. Really appreciate CIC's initiative to use these kind of alternative work approaches to reduce turn around time hence faster processing.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
O_Canada said:
Friends,

I got Second E-mail that my application is moved to Local Visa office. But Guess What ?

It should be moved to NDVO ( New Delhi Visa Office ) but instead of moving to NDVO its moved to Colombo, Sri Lanka Visa Office.

Did any of you also got your Second E-mail for AOR's for application moving to a Local Visa office but instead of moving this application to your country of residence it moved to some near by Country Visa office ?

The Body of this e-mail says :

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has been transferred for processing at the High Commission of Canada in Colombo, Sri Lanka. This has been done to provide you the shortest possible processing time.

I feel may be NDVO is over loaded with work so that is why CIC has identified near by visa offices where there is bandwidth / manpower available so that these applications can get processed on priority basis. Really appreciate CIC's initiative to use these kind of alternative work approaches to reduce turn around time hence faster processing.
That is so good to know , thanks O_Canada for sharing

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarakvshah said:
Hi All,

I heard that if we fly on OWP and when Passport request come for PR then we have to come back and submit our passport
to local VO.

is this true?

I am from NDVO.

Hi TarakvShah.

I feel the purpose of submitting a passport to Visa Office is just for stamping Travel Visa on the passport whose validity is till your medicals expire.So if you are already in Canada on Open WP and have Multiple entry Travel Visa , then that requirement of Stamping Travel visa on your passport is already fulfilled.

Now Let's Consider this scenario :

1. You apply for OWP and your passport already has 2 years Multiple Entry Visa Stamped and you travel to Canada.

2. Your PR application is approved and Embassy asks you to submit passport so that Visa can be stamped.

3. If you already have Multiple Entry Travel Visa and living in Canada . You can go to the Border ( You can do Flag Poling - Just going out of Canada , But not entering USA and Returning Back to Port of Entry in Canada ) You can show your PR approval documents / other eligibility documents to Immigration Officer/CBSA ( Canada Border Services Agency) and he/she can Issue you PR cards which will reach your home address at Canada within 1- 3 months. He/she may also cancel your remaining Travel Visa because after getting PR Cards you will be able to travel to Canada using your PR cards.

Although I am not expert but I feel this situation could be tackled in this way. I think we can call CIC's call center and verify regarding this situation.

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
@ punjabi 22ji,

I did the mistake of applying online and initially I had no clue regarding from where my application is getting processed, but that mystery got resolved when NDVO asked for my passports. So NDVO was my visa office.

It took Almost 3 months + 1 week from Application till Visa Stamping Jan 1st week - April 2nd Week.
Thanks For the reply , did you get the medical request or not for OWP.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punjabi said:
Thanks For the reply , did you get the medical request or not for OWP.
Yes I did get medical request for OWP , Canada will never let any person enter inside Canada without Medical Exam ( On Visitor Visa or Work Permit ) if our duration of stay is more than 6 months and we have stayed last 1 year in a country which is not Medical Exam Exempt.

List of countries/territories for which an Immigration Medical Exam (IME) may be required for temporary resident applicants :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

Medical examination requirements for temporary residents (Visitors, students and temporary foreign workers) :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp#determine

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks O_Canada

SO, according to you no need to come back to INDIA, is it?

when wil lu trave lto canada? do you have job ?

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
Yes I did get medical request for OWP , Canada will never let any person enter inside Canada without Medical Exam ( On Visitor Visa or Work Permit ) if our duration of stay is more than 6 months and we have stayed last 1 year in a country which is not Medical Exam Exempt.

List of countries/territories for which an Immigration Medical Exam (IME) may be required for temporary resident applicants :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

Medical examination requirements for temporary residents (Visitors, students and temporary foreign workers) :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp#determine
I mean to say the week or month for MR . when did you receive the MR request , submitted , and visa issued.
Time Line
Thanks for your appreciable response.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
dear O_Canada

very congratulates...

1 ) can you please share your complete time lines for PR case?
2 ) your country from where you applied for PR?
3 ) did you call for an interview?
4) can you please share the email address from which you have received this Second E-mail that your application is moved to Local Visa office

thank you so much for reply in advance...

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punjabi said:
I mean to say the week or month for MR . when did you receive the MR request , submitted , and visa issued.
Time Line
Thanks for your appreciable response.
Application - 1st week of Jan 2013
Medical Req - 1st week of Feb 2013
OWP approval - 2nd Week of April 2013.

Now : Free from visa side but looking for jobs before moving to Canada :)

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zain92 said:
dear O_Canada

very congratulates...

4) can you please share the email address from which you have received this Second E-mail that your application is moved to Local Visa office

thank you so much for reply in advance...
Hi Zain92 ,

- PR application is still in progress , just got second AOR .
- India
- Never got any call for any interview so far from CIC . But I would love if someone can call me Job Interview @ Canada :)
re-clmbo*immigration@international*gc*ca

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarakvshah said:
Thanks O_Canada

SO, according to you no need to come back to INDIA, is it?

when wil lu trave lto canada? do you have job ?
Hello Tarak Bhai,

Regarding travel back from Canada after PR approval , this is purely my assumption, Some expert can guide on this issue. Or we need to call CIC and we may confirm with them. I just shared my logical thinking, only an expert can comment on this one.

I am not sure when I will be traveling to Canada , Searching for jobs in Canada , as of now I do not have any breakthrough :-[

Even Indian job market is slow these days so leaving current job in search for a new job in Canada is little risky and challenging. But I am sure soon I might have to bite this bullet . Jobs From Canada are moving to India through outsourcing, Still searching and searching as of now I do not have any breakthrough.

I was just following this RBC - iGate issue which has surfaced in Canadian media these days .

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/04/10/foreign_workers_ottawa_urged_to_publicize_canadian_employers_using_foreign_temps.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/04/05/bc-rbc-foreign-workers.html

kia99

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013; In Process: 05-04-2013; RPRF Fees paid: 05-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Parv47 said:
Hi Everyone

Can some one who has got refund, know me the process to get refund of old application.

Thanks
Is the refund only for RPRF fees or also the initial processing fee? I had only paid approximately INR 20K (450 odd dollars) in 2007 towards my application. I am guessing that would only be the processing fee which is non refundable right?

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Dear O_Canada..

Thank you for your prompt reply.. could you please tell me ...after first AOR for your PR case how many days they took to send you for your 2nd AOR...

Thank you..