Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
@ punjabi 22Ji,

It seems Chintan has applied directly ( Not through VFS ) so he won't be able to check his status using VFS methods as you described above. I feel he has filled all the forms and sent his application through Speed Post / Courier to CIC at NDVO.

My Exp : In the order of Application Method Preference :

1. Apply through VFS - 1st Preference. They will verify the necessary docs + You will have one point of contact.

2. Apply by submitting your package at NDVO Visa office in Person so that u have a receipt / file number and track your application by raising Case specific Inquiry if it exceeds normals process timelines . But there is one drawback, because your passports will reach back to you through Speed Post ( In India ) so u will always be chasing a Postman .

3. Apply Online - You have file Number so that u can track your application by raising Case specific Inquiry. But I feel this is slow method, First u scan all the docs / reduce their file sizes and upload them ( Server Crashes Many times and other technical challenges ) . Then they ask for medical request followed by passport submission request , so this channel consumes a substantial amount of time and effort. Plus you end up paying more ( You pay in Dollars application fees + again for passport submission you need to follow VFS route and pay VFS processing fees . )

As per my understanding Online application method is 1st preferred route if you are within Canada.

3. Apply Through Postal mail - Least Preferred method . Because u don't get any acknowledgement / File Number unless your medical request is generated. So keeping your fingers crossed while waiting without any clue about your file number.

I hope this experience will help you in deciding which application method you wanna follow. I just shared my personal experience.
22ji U r very much correct ,

but that guy has already applied and thats the only way to get the information.

thanks

salooni

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Hi Punjabi

Yes i have submitted the Passports to embassy with Owp application. It will be bad if they take so much time for owp, if you see, many of applicants from Pakistan got visa and MR many days ago. secondly i have paid the Owp fee that will go in vain? as far as PR process is concerned that has a bit difficult stages of processing as some of my friends got emails to provide banks statements and projects detail again. I may also get the same in future. Let us hope for good, Atleast attaining Work permit ensures the entry in Canada which may further strengthen the PR Process.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salooni said:
Hi Punjabi

Yes i have submitted the Passports to embassy with Owp application. It will be bad if they take so much time for owp, if you see, many of applicants from Pakistan got visa and MR many days ago. secondly i have paid the Owp fee that will go in vain? as far as PR process is concerned that has a bit difficult stages of processing as some of my friends got emails to provide banks statements and projects detail again. I may also get the same in future. Let us hope for good, Atleast attaining Work permit ensures the entry in Canada which may further strengthen the PR Process.
@ salooni ,

I think one of Member in this Forum from Pak got his OWP in 3-4 months , So Just keep patience and wait , I hope they should process yours as well quickly between 3-4 months , I feel in case of OWP embassy takes little more time as compared to if the application is submitted for Closed WP with LMO approval , because they feel that a job is waiting for that person and in our case we are applying OWP without any Job hence they might be taking little long time.

It might be a strange situation to keep your passports with Embassy for 9 months . Just in case you need your passports and they might be lying around in embassy. So keep your hopes alive and it should be done in 3-4 months max. I am from India and waiting for more than 3 months, although I have completed my medicals 2 months ago. Good Luck with ur application.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Maryam and all others

embassy for PR processing asked me to send me

4. (__) if you have work experience in your field of education or training, describe exactly what you
did in your job. Your description must be written by you, in your own words, and not copied from
someone else.

Please guide i send them just my job description or send them all my projects detail which i completed.what you suggest me

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Dear vuexperts....

please submit....

1) your complete job description --- it is necessary
2) NO NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT DETAILS -- it is not required
3) if you have some other responsibilities which are not mentioned in job description then submit those responsibilities as well..

TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT DETAILS -- you can submit your CV but it is not asked by the EMBASSY.....

best of luck......DO NOT COPY PASTE THEM PLEASE......

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Hi O_Canada,

Ya I have sent directly through courier.
Courier status is delivered. but ya we can't know the file number until MR.\

princeofindia

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Nomination.....
10-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-12-2011
Med's Request
19-05-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
05-01-2013
I was wondering what will be the impact on my PR application if i do not apply for OWP. I have recd AOR from CIC and also got information from Abu Dhabi emnassy that my file is under processing there. I am not in a hurry to go to canada. It takes around 24 months to process PR in Abu Dhabi by which time my OWP option will expire. So is there a possibility they might question me why i did not make use of OWP?

Regards
princeofindia

Maryam.A said:
Hi all
Congrats for who got good news
I got my and my hasnband's Visas and OPW and I also got my medical request for PR application.
hope that everyone will get good news soon.

julius128

Jan 19, 2010
princeofindia said:
I was wondering what will be the impact on my PR application if i do not apply for OWP. I have recd AOR from CIC and also got information from Abu Dhabi emnassy that my file is under processing there. I am not in a hurry to go to canada. It takes around 24 months to process PR in Abu Dhabi by which time my OWP option will expire. So is there a possibility they might question me why i did not make use of OWP?
It should have no impact at all in your PR application, There are lot of people who are not in position to move to Canada within next few years and in your OWP letter it confirmed this is an optional if you wish to move to Canada while processing your PR.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

With Grace of Almighty God , I have got approval for OWP - 2 years Validity. Finally Patience paid off and got this approval after 3 Months.

I will be hanging around here in this forum as we are in the same boat till we get our PR under this pilot program and reach our final goal permanently .

Best of luck to all the friends who are waiting for their approvals.

Cheerss!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
O_Canada said:
Friends,

With Grace of Almighty God , I have got approval for OWP - 2 years Validity. Finally Patience paid off and got this approval after 3 Months.

I will be hanging around here in this forum as we are in the same boat till we get our PR under this pilot program and reach our final goal permanently .

Many Congrats O_Canada ..these good news are like clod breez in a hot summer, wish you good luck

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
Friends,

Congrats 22 g
Could u pls share u r owp time line
When did u applied?
MR?

Thanks

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punjabi said:
Congrats 22 g
Could u pls share u r owp time line
When did u applied?
MR?

Thanks
Thanks @Hadeel1234 & @punjabi.

I applied Online in 1st week of Jan > Got MR exactly after a month in First week of Feb > And OWP approval in Second week of April .

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I believe some of us have got Cheques for Refund of our Previous PR applications which have been cancelled by CIC . Is any of you able to encash that cheque ? I submitted this cheque to my bank almost 1 month ago and I am still waiting for the credit of this cheque into my account.