+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

kaka188

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi guys I did not receive any re-assessment. I don't know what is happening in ADVO. But seems they have alot of Backlog. Both CIC and ON. PNP. are sending me to direct my queries to ADVO.

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Same thing for me.

My medicals expired in September 2014, and I did not receive any medicals re-assessment yet.

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Same here, my medical expired in Jan 2015 and no news from ADVO .... I am sure that we will get these in the same days ... it looks that they handle each program together ....

rtamimi said:
Same thing for me.

My medicals expired in September 2014, and I did not receive any medicals re-assessment yet.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Photos & Video: Citizenship & Immigration demonstration

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/photos-citizenship-immigration-demonstration

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
WAW .... it does not look like the land of DREAMS any more ....
For those of us who are already in Canada on OWP, please tell us about this county, what is your experience so far ?
after all these troubles and expecting the same in the future ( at least 7 years till you get citizenship), Does it really worth it ?
I understand that it depends on what was your situation in your home land but in general :

1- I find the job market very tough and competitive and the salaries are the same as many other countries, USA, UK, Australia and EUROPE.
2- Taxes are one of the highest in the world,
3- Real estate prices are crazy, I do not think any immigrant can buy a house easily even with mortgage rates are historically low
4- Weather is something,
5- Tightening the rules to get citizenship,
6- Huge drop in Oil prices affect the economy leading to lower growth and lower number of jobs

Your experiences are so valuable to us as it may change everything ....

zain92 said:
Photos & Video: Citizenship & Immigration demonstration

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/photos-citizenship-immigration-demonstration

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
Hi Mohareb -

Valid questions - and answer to all of your question will be something that may not be rosy... but here is my take on this...

You've got to have a solid reason WHY you are opting to come here... I believe that is the only thing that will keep you strong when you come here and go through the phases of settling in (that you have mentioned below - and trust me you are right on the money, all of these are true)

Job markets are tough no matter which country you go to. As everyone is looking for people with some local experience (canadian experience in our case) - even if you end up in US or AUS, it'll be similar kind of situation
you can find comparable or even better paying job in US, but then you'd have to think of the health care costs in US
real state will always be a challenge if you want to live close to downtown... suburbs will still be a better choice - but then you will have to compromise on commute.
as for citizenship - I believe once you are here on PR (for a solid reason) you wouldn't find yourself too eager to run back to where you came from in first 3-4 years as you will most likely be trying to settle yourself and your family in here

so in the end - it boils down to this - WHY are you coming here, or better WHY you are leaving your country - that solid reason to come to Canada will enable you to go through the challenges of settling in -

zizu

Mohareb said:
WAW .... it does not look like the land of DREAMS any more ....
For those of us who are already in Canada on OWP, please tell us about this county, what is your experience so far ?
after all these troubles and expecting the same in the future ( at least 7 years till you get citizenship), Does it really worth it ?
I understand that it depends on what was your situation in your home land but in general :

1- I find the job market very tough and competitive and the salaries are the same as many other countries, USA, UK, Australia and EUROPE.
2- Taxes are one of the highest in the world,
3- Real estate prices are crazy, I do not think any immigrant can buy a house easily even with mortgage rates are historically low
4- Weather is something,
5- Tightening the rules to get citizenship,
6- Huge drop in Oil prices affect the economy leading to lower growth and lower number of jobs

Your experiences are so valuable to us as it may change everything ....

kaka188

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Here here!
There are many reasons why we want to go. We plan for overcoming challenges, that's life anywhere you go.
zizu said:
Hi Mohareb -

Valid questions - and answer to all of your question will be something that may not be rosy... but here is my take on this...

You've got to have a solid reason WHY you are opting to come here... I believe that is the only thing that will keep you strong when you come here and go through the phases of settling in (that you have mentioned below - and trust me you are right on the money, all of these are true)

Job markets are tough no matter which country you go to. As everyone is looking for people with some local experience (canadian experience in our case) - even if you end up in US or AUS, it'll be similar kind of situation
you can find comparable or even better paying job in US, but then you'd have to think of the health care costs in US
real state will always be a challenge if you want to live close to downtown... suburbs will still be a better choice - but then you will have to compromise on commute.
as for citizenship - I believe once you are here on PR (for a solid reason) you wouldn't find yourself too eager to run back to where you came from in first 3-4 years as you will most likely be trying to settle yourself and your family in here

so in the end - it boils down to this - WHY are you coming here, or better WHY you are leaving your country - that solid reason to come to Canada will enable you to go through the challenges of settling in -

zizu

Mohareb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Thanks Zizu- I appreciate your feedback.

zizu said:
Hi Mohareb -

zizu

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hadeel1234 said:
This is so frastrating ..I am wondering if my OWP expires..is it easy to get the bridge Visa ..I am afraid it will take more than 4 to 5 months? Should i stop working then ?should I resign ?how am I going to afford my 4 members family ..this is really tourchering in a different way
Hi Hadeel1234,

You can apply for extension of your OWP, before your existing OWP expires. So even if your OWP expires and you are waiting for the decision related to your OWP extension, you can still work, This period is called "Implied Status", as per my understanding you need not to resign, and you should continue working as you have legal Implied Status. Let's hope that your guys get your PR decision soon and there is an end to this long wait.

Take Care.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
O_Canada said:
Hi Hadeel1234,

You can apply for extension of your OWP, before your existing OWP expires. So even if your OWP expires and you are waiting for the decision related to your OWP extension, you can still work, This period is called "Implied Status", as per my understanding you need not to resign, and you should continue working as you have legal Implied Status. Let's hope that your guys get your PR decision soon and there is an end to this long wait.

Take Care.
Thank you so much O-Canada ..that is great to know..did you het your PR approved ..hope you are sattling down and all is fine

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Anyone knows what's happening in Abu Dhabi Visa Office?

I see on CIC site that the reduced the processing timeline for Provincial Nominee Applications from 19 months to 16 months. But my case is pending for the last 24 months now! They received my application in March 2013 and my application status was changed to In Process in November 2013 and they requested my medical that was done right away. The status remains "In Process" till June 2014 when one not-very-fine-morning, I received the AOR again and the status was changed back to "Application Received". Since then I sent many emails to ADVO but no timelines were given. My QA questions email was received in September 2014 and since then I am in a very long waiting situation.

I actually applied for Canadian Immigration in August 2007!

I landed in Canada on the Open Work Permit in August 2013 and my OWP will expire in July 2015. Seriously, I am now stressed, disappointed and disgusted!

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
wak009 said:
Anyone knows what's happening in Abu Dhabi Visa Office?

I see on CIC site that the reduced the processing timeline for Provincial Nominee Applications from 19 months to 16 months. But my case is pending for the last 24 months now! They received my application in March 2013 and my application status was changed to In Process in November 2013 and they requested my medical that was done right away. The status remains "In Process" till June 2014 when one not-very-fine-morning, I received the AOR again and the status was changed back to "Application Received". Since then I sent many emails to ADVO but no timelines were given. My QA questions email was received in September 2014 and since then I am in a very long waiting situation.

I actually applied for Canadian Immigration in August 2007!
I landed in Canada on the Open Work Permit in August 2013 and my OWP will expire in July 2015. Seriously, I am now stressed, disappointed and disgusted!
We are all in the same boat .,guys is there anyway to make our voice heard by aithorities ..anyone has any suggestion to do that

kaka188

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
I don't know. I know though my case QA is over and they have the ball in their court. CIC asked me to direct my queries to them. So it seems ADVO has a good backlog to clear.

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
After the long wait of eight and half years, finally, I got passport request from LVO today.