29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
vuexperts said:
hi dear zizu

have you search job , what is job ratio
where you are staying
hey @vuexperts;

well going through the initiation process... got my SIN, got kids admitted to school... looking forward to write my driving test (do make sure you bring in your pakistani driving license - it'll help - more on this later)...

as for job hunt... well I made sure I had a cell number before I started sending out my resume... which took a day or two to get... pretty complex system here getting SIM and then the calling plan (that will not take away too much of your money while you are un-employed :)...

have started sending out resumes - using workopolis, monster.ca and linkedin, as primary job hunting sites... make sure you change your location on linkedin, update it with your address and phone number, as quite a lot of head hunters crawl these sites on regular basis to look for potential candidates...

as for how good or bad the market is - I am not in a position to say anything at this moment as this is only my 2nd week... maybe in couple of weeks time...

zizu

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
zizu said:
hey @ vuexperts;

well going through the initiation process... got my SIN, got kids admitted to school... looking forward to write my driving test (do make sure you bring in your pakistani driving license - it'll help - more on this later)...

as for job hunt... well I made sure I had a cell number before I started sending out my resume... which took a day or two to get... pretty complex system here getting SIM and then the calling plan (that will not take away too much of your money while you are un-employed :)...

have started sending out resumes - using workopolis, monster.ca and linkedin, as primary job hunting sites... make sure you change your location on linkedin, update it with your address and phone number, as quite a lot of head hunters crawl these sites on regular basis to look for potential candidates...

as for how good or bad the market is - I am not in a position to say anything at this moment as this is only my 2nd week... maybe in couple of weeks time...

zizu
Best of Luck.

For others knowledge, as new commer I will recommend to take Chatr plan for Mobile No, which does not required any SIN ordocument etc and will have unlimited incoming and outgoing (within GTA) at 20 per month. Later we can change the plan/carrier without changing mobile number.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
@ALL

Not sure how will I work out, my file from NDVO recently got transferred to COlombo after reading some post heard that they send Medical request and PPFR in couple of months.. I am here in US and not sure how can i submit medical request in Colombo.... any one gone through situation like this would appreciate their reply.. also would like to know what will be the next steps from colombo to be be sure.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
rp_tp said:
@ ALL

Not sure how will I work out, my file from NDVO recently got transferred to COlombo after reading some post heard that they send Medical request and PPFR in couple of months.. I am here in US and not sure how can i submit medical request in Colombo.... any one gone through situation like this would appreciate their reply.. also would like to know what will be the next steps from colombo to be be sure.
Don't worry once get medical request, in cic website you have to find any doctor/clinic in us ( near to your place), you have to take this request with necessary document then they will conduct your medical examination (it's irrespective of visa office). They will forward your medical results to respective visa office or cic.

atifamr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
zizu said:
hey @ vuexperts;

zizu
HI ZIZU hope u will settle soon u got your SIN already that's good as I am landing on 29th can u guide me what should I do to apply SIN; also can u pls inbox your cell number

Regards
Atif

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
atifamr said:
HI ZIZU hope u will settle soon u got your SIN already that's good as I am landing on 29th can u guide me what should I do to apply SIN; also can u pls inbox your cell number

Regards
Atif
for SIN - just follow this link - http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml - take the documents that it says to bring with you - locate the nearest service canada centre and you should be done in no more than 30 mins.

zizu

MH_35

Nov 14, 2013
Hi All,

I have a general question about PNP situation:

I am currently PhD student, and I will graduate in next two month. Then, I have to go to US for my post-doc for 1-2 years. There would be two scenarios that can happen for me:

1- apply for PNP as soon as I graduate and before my post-doc starts and then leave for post-doc.
2- Start my post-doc and then apply?

Could anyone let me know what would happen in each case and what would be the best strategy?

Thanks for your help.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Please read below information, its useful for Newcomers.

News Release — Helping Skilled Immigrants in Ontario Succeed
New Agreement Supporting More Newcomers to Get Licensed, Find Jobs

November 22, 2013 — The Governments of Ontario and Canada are expanding the Ontario Bridge Training Program, helping thousands of skilled immigrants get licensed and find jobs in their fields.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-11-22.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi all
I arrived Canada few days ago but when I went to issue the SIN they did not issue it for my 2 kids and not for my husband ,I am wondering if that will affect their getting the medical insurance after 3 months from now ,please advise

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi all
I arrived Canada few days ago but when I went to issue the SIN they did not issue it for my 2 kids and not for my husband ,I am wondering if that will affect their getting the medical insurance after 3 months from now ,please advise
Welcome to canada.
Well SIN is not mandatory for health insurance.
If you open bank account then open joint account, and subscribe for paper based statement, this will prove residence status for both of you.

Moreover I will recommend to apply driving license (G1), it's written test, which will give government photo Id, here every one ask for 2 piece of ID and you can use passport & driving license as identifications.

Google for driving test practice , you will get few sites, practice them and go for written test.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
aashamsi said:
Welcome to canada.
Well SIN is not mandatory for health insurance.
If you open bank account then open joint account, and subscribe for paper based statement, this will prove residence status for both of you.

Moreover I will recommend to apply driving license (G1), it's written test, which will give government photo Id, here every one ask for 2 piece of ID and you can use passport & driving license as identifications.

Google for driving test practice , you will get few sites, practice them and go for written test.
Many thanks for your reply

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Hi,

My file also got transfer to Colombo, Srilanka from New Delhi.
It's written that it's for faster processing.

But honestly, we all know how faster these people are.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
chintan_155 said:
Hi,

My file also got transfer to Colombo, Srilanka from New Delhi.
It's written that it's for faster processing.

But honestly, we all know how faster these people are.
Chintan

I guess they are faster as I got email and then i replied back with my updated address it was showing next day on their web site and did the same with ND but they never did

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi all
Welcome to Canada, Are your kids and Husband on Visitor Visa ? If your Husband and Kids are on Visitor Visa and not on Work Permit Visa then they will not get SIN Number issued to them. A SIN number is required for working legally in Canada , so that your Income Taxes can be tracked on that SIN number . A visitor is not authorized to work legally in Canada so that is why no SIN Number.

As others said a SIN is not mandatory for Health Card Issue. You being a principal applicant who is on WP can enroll your dependent family members on OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan).